1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Serenity

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by kuemper, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    River goes off once or twice...You'll enjoy it!!

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] Oh, sweet Gerogia Brown! This movie was great. :thumb: And for all you BG2 fans who like to dual-wield, River does it too, and she does it with style. :evil: There's also a guy with a katana, hard to believe as that is in this futuristic world of theirs. There are so many more spoilers that I want to rave about, but you'll just have to go see it for yourselves. :p

One thing I liked was that they found the perfect speed for the combat scenes. You could clearly make out every move (even the dual-wields), but it still had that ultra-fast feel to it. The only two things I didn't like were:
    1. The idea of the Reavers makes me sick to my stomach. But it's part of the story (and the series), and a warning as well about
    2. [Description of a movie event] Every movie has its bad spots, but this one just got to me. :(
    (You'll have to excuse me for not thoroughly decribing them, but there's no way I could do so without spoiling some of the plot.)

I urge you all to go out and see it. It's even better than the series was; it looks like they were able to put more thought into it. I liked the series for its reality (no sound in the vacuum of space) but the improvements they made for the movie (appropriate music for those brief silent times) made it even better. To be honest, I'm glad they stopped the series if it's what led to this movie being made. If they can continue the improvements over to a restarted series, I think it'll rival Star Trek.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I just got the series dvd of "Firefly." I am soooo bummed that I missed this show when it was on Fox! I have 2 more episodes to watch and I am in love with this show!

The stories are great, and so are the characters! I really hope the Serenity dvd takes off and a sequel is made - or that the Sci-Fi channel remakes the series. It is awesome!!!!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.