1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So that I don't derail RBT again...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Taluntain, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, there are still a few conversations that haven't been fixed up. I've made my own fixpack for a lot of these cases because they were bugging me. You can also complete or delete journal entries via console if you're a bit more savvy. The scroll wheel works for me in the journal, but it's kinda... glitchy to say the least.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now that I'm done with the game, I'm trying out Black Pits but it seems to me that there's something broken about that too... I find that my attack commands aren't being obeyed for some reason. I.e. I want to keep attacking a certain opponent, but my char starts attacking some other monster nearby and completely ignores my attack commands on the other opponent. Or gets a hit in between, but then returns to hitting someone I DON'T want to hit. This is with the AI on or off. It's as if there was some broken scripting taking over in there messing things up. :bad:

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I haven't had any such problems.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I probably wouldn't have noticed if I was playing with a party but I tried doing it solo and it's quite obvious there when your only char isn't properly responding to the commands issued.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It seems odd. Your characters shouldn't have any scripts running on them, aside from those you assign to them.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Aaaand for the grand finale, I get to enjoy the unkillable Baeloth bug.

I want my "Proud beta tester" t-shirt from Beamdog now. :rolleyes:

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Wait for the patch at the end of the month? :p

8. Taluntain

Media:
    There's going to be another one? Given the number of bugs still surviving all of Beamdog's patching so far, I wouldn't hold my breath.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    They're gonna roll out new updates with the release of SoDs (or soon after, anyway). No idea how much bugfixing that will involve.

I'm mostly just waiting for engine updates. Bugs are something I can fix myself. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.