1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

The only band I can think of who sing about food on a regular basis are Cibo Matto... One of theirs?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's Jimmy Buffett and it's called something with Cheeseburger in the title, but I don't have the disc and can't remember the exact name for some strange reason.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Close enough DMC. You're turn.

Jimmy Buffett -- Cheeseburger in Paradise.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's funny, I was thinking Cheeseburger in Heaven, but I guess that's because Clapton was on the radio. (Now that would be a funny mix.)

This is off my beaten path:

Your table manners are some cryin' shame
    You're playin' with your food, this ain't some kind of game

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

'Eat it' by Weird Al Yankovic.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, so here's the next one:

Lost in Static 18!
    And the storm is closing in now,
    Automatic 18!! (got to push through)
    Trapped in living hell.

6. dmc

Media:
    Just to confirm, Vokodlak, you are correct on the Weird Al.

7. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sounds like "Five Miles Out", Mike Oldfield.

I hate it, when this guy tries to sing. He should have stayed with Roger Chapman (Shadows on the Wall, right?).

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Quite right - Five Miles Out.

Well, I dunno, his singing isn't that bad - and I think it's really suited to this particular song... Excellent guitar though.

9. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
    Down to the bits that I left uptown
    When I hold you in my arms
    And I feel my finger on your trigger
    I know no one can do me no harm

Easy! And Touching!

Edit: Hey, I said easy! Is this band still relevant? ;)

[ March 17, 2005, 12:57: Message edited by: Darkthrone ]

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Relevant heh? Just like the Rolling Stones, the Beatles are are still relevant.

This is Happiness is a warm gun , from The Beatles' White Album.

11. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31

Cheers, Master. That's right.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yay!
    Next one is a bit cheesy. Either a softball or a hardball. I don't exactly know. But this is the only song that would pop up in mind with the words:

Beep beep mm beep beep, yeah!

The words are sung, not electric or something.
    I can't sem to get it out of my head at the moment. Don't bother to check that thread: The answer is not there.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Beatles - Drive My Car.

14. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Hehe. Yup. A softy, it seems.

Up to you, HavenBinkie

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Rose and Valerie......."

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    LOL! :lol:

This one is for someone else...

Edit:
    I bet it has something to do with Maxwell.

[ March 20, 2005, 02:06: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

17. Harbourboy

Come on someone.

"Rose and Valerie, screaming from the gallery"

18. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Assuming Master of Nuhn's edit there is correct I'm going to go with Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles.

19. Harbourboy

Rose and Valerie, screaming from the gallery
    Say he must go free

Avarahtar - you genius! Your turn.

20. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I’m accustomed to a smooth ride
    Or maybe I’m a dog who’s lost it’s bite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.