1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 7

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :D That surprises me, too. Unless I'm wrong, about the song of course. He might as well be thinking of an other artist, the origional one. Rappers tend to be coverers, you know...

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nope, you're spot on MoN. I like some rap, as long as it's not gangsta (I loved the Sugar Hill Gang back in the day).

I like about half of Linkin' Park's songs as well, so this is a natural extension.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, revelations here. :p

I got this song stuck in my head every time I hear it:
    Field mice, head lice, spider in the kitchen
    Don't think twice 'bout whatever keeps you itchin

Edit:
    Mmh. I surely thought some of you would know this
    This singer/songwriter has a slightly 'raspy' voice. His lyrics tend to be a tad depressive but the music feels good. Song is about 6 years old now.

[ July 08, 2006, 04:39: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No idea, Mr Nuhn.

5. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Mmh. Seeing he got some some clips on MTV, a performance at Rock Werchter (Belgium), some nice performances in NY etc, I thought he was pretty big...
    This was Eels with Flyswatter

New one then... Softy, I guess:
    She is soft, she is warm, but my heart remains heavy
    And I watch as her breasts gently rise, gently fall
    Yet I know with the first light of dawn I'll be leaving
    And tonight will be all I have left to recall

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wednesday Morning - Simon and Garfunkel?

:hmm: I think the title's wrong though.

7. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Well, since the title is not in the lyrics, my opinion is that you're close enough. It was "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM" by Simon and Garfunkel, indeed. :thumb:

Your turn, you slithering, 6-armed, bare-breasted demon!

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Being good isn't always easy
    No matter how hard I'd try
    When he started sweet-talkin' to me
    He'd come and tell me everything is all right

9. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I know that Aretha Franklin sung Son of a Preacherman, but I doubt she was the first who did...

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It's by Dusty Springfield, originally. It was first offered to Franklin, who turned it down. she didnöt record it until it already became a hit :)

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I didn't ask for the original artist because I know of it being recorded at least 5 times - Dusty Springfield, Bobby Gentry, Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin and The Foo Fighters. I can hear Dave Grohl right now... :mommy:

Master gets to go next.

12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Well Thanks :)
    I can only come up with quotes that are somewhat unknown, though, (like Loudon Wainwright III's "Acid Song" etc) so I leave this one for Ara.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Aww, thanks MoN :)

I don't care if you track me down
    Like an animal that's on the run
    Tie me down spread-eagle
    Leave me dyin' in the sun

14. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Harder faster - W.A.S.P.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    You got it :D

16. BOC

Bloodstained velvet, dirty lace
    Naked fear on every face
    See them bow their heads to die
    As we would bow as they rode by

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Rush - Bastille Day

18. BOC

Correct

19. dmc

Media:
    The rockets come at us sideways

20. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

more hints please DMC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.