1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP party-meet?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Enagonios, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We should hold two massive LAN parties for SP members only. One in the US, central to me (so I don't actually have to travel anywhere) and one in Europe. Everyone bring their computers and we can all play BG2 and other MP games. :thumb:

There are a few people I'd be more willing to actually go out of my way to meet, Tal being one of them so I can give him a pat on the back for keeping SP alive for so long... But a central convention of sorts in the US, Canada, and Europe would be ideal. :thumb: :rolling:

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just thought it was a bit bizarre 'I wouldn't meet up, because I wouldn't like most of you' :lol: .
    I think most people would like Barms! He's very likeable, especially when he gets the rounds in!

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I really don't have the funds to travel anywhere. I wouldn't mind meeting some of the people here...if they all come to Finland, that is. :grin:

Edit: Hey! I look hot in a gas mask. :p Wearing nothing else. :aaa:
    :D

[ February 01, 2006, 14:38: Message edited by: Susipaisti ]

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'd like to meet Susipaisti...with a gas mask of course. :hahaerr:

If I ever fly back to Iowa again (it's looking doubtful), I'll wave at those I pass by at 36,000 feet.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh yes, definitely! I'd love to meet anyone who's coming to Finland, and wouldn't mind meeting anyone who's currently living in Helsinki. Short on money, otherwise I'd travel round the world on a quest to find SPers!

It would be kind of weird though...meeting almost complete strangers...

But what of it, you can always have a :beer: in any case!

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, t'would be an idea... the almighty Wacken. I don't think it'll be this year, however, I'm supposed to switch jobs this summer and will work full-time... :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Well, at least I'll weld metal instead of making boots...

The idea would be more viable for 2007...

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Come to Prince Edward Island! It's so small, that if you walk around enough, you'll meet everyone!! :p Well, that's what most tourists think.

[ February 02, 2006, 01:28: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Most tourists want to meet you?

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

:) I knew someone would catch that. I mean that most people think that they can park at one corner of the island and walk to the other in one day!

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Yeah, but I've met tourists who thought that about ENgland.

I can meet SPers in England, Germany or Italy.

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'd love too...but my parents wouldn't be so fond of the idea...so it would have to be super secret :D ah well...one day maybe :)

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

PEI? Why not visit the great province of Ontario?

Where are all my fellow Ontarians, anyway?

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What's the SP Kiwi count sitting these days, Harbourboy?
    I know there's you up in Auckland, me in Wellington and Deathmage in Christchuch.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rotku, I reckon the SP-Kiwi count is five:

Harbourboy - North Harbour paradise
    Abomination - Some trendy Auckland cafe
    Tassadar - Some dodgy backwater
    Rotku - Some peaceful oasis near Wellington
    Deathmage - Some hick town in Canterbury

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Laiwethel - I'm still around - I've just been a bit busy lately with work and other aspects of real life.

I say that New Zealand would be as good a place to go as I can think of. I had a blast when I went there a couple years ago and I definitely plan on returning there to visit again sometime.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Well, I'm not exactly Ontarian, Lai, but I'm not too far either. I'm from Quebec City.

If I ever stop in Montréal, I'm stopping to meet Ofelix.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heya fellow Canadians (or anyone who want to come to Canada) I'm in Alberta so let me know if you plan to be in the neihbourhood :D .

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:wave: Oh, there you are, JSBB.

@Dfly: If I ever get back out to Alberta, I'll let you know.

@DotW: Same to you, if I get out to Quebec City, I'll let you know as well.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Dfly, I plan to stop by in Alberta though it probably won't be until I'm done with school, which means a little less than two years. I'll let you know when I leave.

That sounds good to me, Lai. I hope you don't mind shyness, because it may not be appearant, but I'm pretty damn shy.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Bah, everybody goes to Ontario! Come to PEI! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.