1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP party-meet?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Enagonios, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Paranoid? No need to be. I'm just making sure you get the welcome you deserve. You haven't forgotten who you are, I hope?

2. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ DarkStrider
    :lol: Now why would you think that...? :angel:

@Disciple of the Watch
    What PM, eh? :p

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty sure the chances of getting a "yes" as answer is close to zero, but I have to ask: is anyone on the boards going to be at Warwick university on 3-6 April for the SGM meeting?

Now that I think of it... does one of the Brits live in Warwick at all?

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Ziad I lived in Warwick for seven years :lol: don't anymore :(

@DotW No I haven't

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ziad, probably Slappy, if he's still teaching there...

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't think meeting anyone from this kind of board is very realistic, because it's regular members are pretty much spread out around the 4 corners of the earth, although I guess you could meet up with guys in your own countries if you wanted. I think I'd be too much for some of the timid SP users anyway, I'm loud, arrogant, and outspoken, but my mental idea of what people here are actually like is probably wrong anyway.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Aren't you tired of being right, Sarevok? Because you are, once again.

On my side, I'm cool, calm and sarcastic, but it takes me a fair share of time to be fully at ease around new people. I tend to choke and freeze even more especially when the said new people are woman. So, dear lady Lai, should we ever meet face to face, I'd likely turn crimson red and speak so little you'd end up wondering if I am mute or antisocial. So, should you find yourself in Quebec someday, and you don't mind incredible shyness, then DO drop me a line.

And Ofelix, I might possibly be in Montreal for a week or two somewhere this summer. I'll drop you a line if I get a confirmation. Prepare a huge bowl of cherry sheesha and some spirits. :yum:

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll be in the fabulous Lester B. Pierson International Airport in Toronto in early October. Reserve your spot in my 5 hour layover today! ;)

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

:lol: Freudian slip there, Kuemp?

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Layover - a stop at an intermediate point in one's journey. Nope, no slip. What were *you* thinking, Daie? :skeptic:

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

*Whistles nonchalantly*

Anyway, who's in the south of England?

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Me! :wave:

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    North here but able to travel

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Up Norf 'ere.

I always assumed you were from Newcastle, Magpie!!

15. The Magpie

A Yeovil Town supporter from Geordie-land - how's that work? :lol: But I can see how the nick could cause confusion. FYI, I was born in Yeovil, South Somerset, and the name has everything to do with a love of virtual shiny ones and nowt to do with footie. I currently live in London, so I'm as far from being a Geordie as you can get, really! I can't understand a bloody word any of them say, for starters... :shake:

16. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There any SPer's living in Bristol? Or am I all alone in this overcast, Chav-infested city?

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    From Somerset? Do you sound like a farmer then?
    Come and have a roide on my traaactoooor! :lol: :lol:

As for Yeovil, they look as though they might survive! I thought they'd be dead certs for the drop as well, they've done pretty well. Beat us as well. Bastards :lol:

18. The Magpie

:lol: Nah, my accent is an odd hodge-podge of Wurzel, posh (I went to private school), some Londoner (Gawd bless you, Mary Paw-puns!) and generic Northern (well, I say things like "nowt" and "Brass monkeys" a lot). One bloke at Uni was convinced I came from Yorkshire. :nuts: My ex used to laugh at me because she swore that when I was with my dad (who does sound more farmer-ish) I'd sound more Westcountry and when I was in school I'd be a lot more "proper". I never knew I was doing it, but she's probably right.

As for Yeovil, it's getting tighter than a gnat's backside down there. A 3 point cushion isn't much when the only consistency you've had all season is crap defending. :bad:

19. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    BArmy, which bit?

And Mags, I'm a Yorkshireite :)

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I am as well Daie :wave:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.