1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

OoC: Sure we could kill him from the tavern :idea: Or not...new thread sounds nice.

2. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If anyone had still been paying attention to the man who had just walked in, they would have seen something... odd.

The eye sockets in the skull on top of the strange staff lit up slightly from within. Not very much strange about that, weird glows and eerie lighting sources were expected when it came to magic. Every hedgemage worth his salt could cast a simple sphere of light spell.

But the skull was also shaking slightly.

Look at all the pretty people.

The man's eyes snapped back to reality, and he leaned over the staff, and hissed 'Shhh!'

Oh, what's your problem, wanderer? Only you can hear me. I thought the incident with the farmer would have proven that.

"Don't make me sell you to a mage."

I wish. A mage would know what to do with me.

3. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The Duergar bored to death stands up and exits the Tavern saying that he might be back one day.

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Ahh, there isn't anything quite like being knocked out by a profesional. No bruise or lump. Just awake feeling nice and refreshed. Not like female teenage magi students who think its SO funny to throw a man out the window after the three hour crawl to get INTO the bloody showers.
    So, whats been happening in this pub for the last... however long? Oi, glassgirl, get me a guiness. A big one. I need me some booze to get me in the mood."

"This is going to be a long week. Especially with all these aggressive humourless losers around. Emporer Dagroth thought that I was hilarious. These people don't understand the subtle humour of watching a dwarf fly through the air."

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

As the Neverwinterian wakes up and starts to talk Nirneath relises how long he has been sitting here waiting for the elf to talk. "Well, I've got better things to do with my time than sit here waiting for you to find your voice," He says to the elf. "If you find it sometime soon don't hesitate (sp?) to come over and talk."

And with that Nirneath walked back over to where Morningstar, Glint and Lithien where sitting. Pulling out a stool he sits down muttering "People these days."

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Yeah, you'd think people would welcome the conversation."
    Lithien reaches down to her belt and pulls the mouthpiece of her flute from a pouch. Instantly the rest of the instrument materialises in her hands.
    "Anyone for some music?"

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"Yeah, don't see why not. Some lively music would be great you know Lithein, to cheer up this tavern," the halfling said, with a smile already creaping up his face.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Ahh, music. A medium everyone can enjoy. Hold it elfy, I'll accompany you." With that, the man reached into his bag and brought forth an unusual looking device. It resembled a harp and a lute, but was neither. "Time to get this party going."
    He brought his hands to the strings and started to play, quite well in tune to the elf.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien smiles her thanks to both Nirneath and the man before raising the flute to her lips and launching into a lively tune that weaved in with the music from the strange stringed instrument.

10. Rotku

"Wow!" Nirneath said in surprise. "The human has some uses after all!"
    With that he pulls out his swoard and starts looking over it for any scratches while listening to the music.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

OoC - Sorry for the non-existing posts, I have been on vacitation for a week or so and have just returned. I am in on the story idea.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A female Halfling steps into this strange establishment. She is dressed (of course) in black. Everyone is quiet listenning to the magical music so she has a good chance to look around. Her trade being that of a rogue (isn't that a suprise?) she checks who to mark and who to avoid. After a little while she hears some names. The male halfling seeing a rather attractive female halfling moves over to her table. Speaking softly so as not to disturb the music he introduces himself. "I am Nirneath Arnoediad from nowhere in particular."
    " And I am Nakia Nightshadow a lightfoot halfling from Faerum. Tell me if you are from no place in particular you must be from many places."
    "Ah yes, but I would rather hear about you."
    At this point a figure enters. Another mysterious person but dressed in a vivid red robe with golden runes along the hem and sleeves. Aha! What now?

13. Rotku

As Nirneath was sitting listening to the music which Lithein and the "human" where playing the door swings open and a halfing walks in. After a while she seemed to try and catch Nirneaths eyes so he walked over and decided to introduce him self.
    "I am Nirneath Arnoediad from nowhere in particular."
    " And I am Nakia Nightshadow a lightfoot halfling from Faerum. Tell me if you are from no place in particular you must be from many places."
    "Ah yes, but I would rather hear about you. And not exactly from many places but more like from no place. So how did you come to be here Nakia Nightshadow?"

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "it was purely accidental. After finishing up an adventure in Icewind Dale I was wandering around when I ran across a decrepit old man with lots of jewelry and gold. Naturally I tried to pick pocket him. I am a very high level rogue but he was a very high level wizard. He cast a spell and I am here. Anything going on? Seems very quiet." Nakia replies with a slight yawn.

15. Rotku

Nirneath nodded. "Yes pickpocketing a wizard is never a very good idea. Or so I've been told. Well I'm afraid I really must go now, for I have some bussines to attend to." And with out a good bye Nirneath left the halfling and walked back to his old table where Glint and the other two where and sat down again.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Velve saw and listened to the chatter between the two halflings and thought to himself:
    -"She got buuuuurneed. Hehehe."

17. Rotku

Nirneath, somehow sencing what the half drow thought, turned his head towards the drow and poked his tounge out. :p

18. Register Gems: 29/31

-"An insult?!" The half-drow screamed. "I have never, oh wait. I have both seen and heard much ruder insults. Lucky for that little prat that the barkeep don't want any brawling in here. Otherwise, he would be dead by know."

OoC - Are we going to have that story or what?

[ June 29, 2003, 12:31: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

19. Rotku

OoC: What story is this? The one about the drows that we were talking about before? If so I think we decided to delay it untill the people involved left the Tavern.

20. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - Yes, its the one you mentioned. I will just leave the tavern and be ready to write.
    ---------------------------------------
    Velve Zauviir looked around in the tavern, seeing a lot of different people sitting and having fruitfull chats about everything and nothing. Velve decided that this is way to strict and in order for him to feel good so he went to a corner, uttering a small prayer to Shar.

Suddenly, a flash of darkness shadows the room, and the avatar of the diety Shar comes to the tavern. She bolts a dark lightning at Velve and he dissapears, and so does she.

[ June 28, 2003, 23:49: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.