1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Please. We Baatezu arre not fools. But when we make pact, we keep pact. If you interested, I tell you what I herre for. If you verry interested, the lords of Baator themselves will trreat you warrmly.

"I swear it. On Kanorr's beard. Neeah, in the name of Dispater hisself, I do."

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Please, I am eager to hear you out.
    But,I will not agree to anything until i give it some thought.

Now,... Whats the story?

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The black robed hooded figure's head bends lower, almost concealing the entire face. His body starts to shake as if trying to control himself. There is a slight groan when;

"Please ... help me"

these words are hardly audible but can just be heard by the Halfling...

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Kanorr leers, and turns to Gothmog's bird for a moment, then shifts his hungry eyes back.

"Warr. A warr of blood. I c'monn behalf of de Baatezu to make warr."

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"Pathetic Gnome!" the halfling screams at the gnomes back.
    The halfling relising he rudeness at deserting the hooded figure, turns just in time to see saying "Please .... Help me"
    Forgetting all about his encounter (spelling?) with the crazy gnome he darts over to where he was siting before.
    "What is it friend, what can i do?" the halfling asked the hooded stranger.
    The halfling pulls out a strange looking rode out of his navey blue cloak and waves it above his head. A strange silver tail follows behind the rodes head, as the halfling slowly nods.
    "Yes ... As i sepected (spelling?)"

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Bloody mystery, damned heroes. Every hero that you will ever come across, wears black, and is hidden in his hood, and is writhing on the floor in agony.... hmm, looks like he needs some help. Probably needs some tea or some such. I knew a man like that once, always on the floor and in the hood, always asking for his tea. Rasin or some such. Heard he took over the world. As a matter of fact, Emporer Dagroth took over the world once, back in the eigth century...." The man continued to ramble about the interesting adventures of Emporer Dagroth as he approached the bar. "... and he took a chop.. Ah, some boiling water thanks. No not for me... at the dragons head and he reliquished his...thanks....gold which Emporer Dagroth..." Then, with boiling water in hand, he approached the writhing figure of the mysterious magi. "...and then he bought the majority of Broome, and....here, add you own bloody herbs... and then he built this GIGANTIC castle..." And he then approached the centre of the room, yet again, to continue his story, which by now had the gnome deeply interested.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien practicaly leaped from her chair when she sees what is happening with the halfling and the man. She runs over to where he and the halfling is.
    She makes careful note of that fact that he is holding a staff with a skull that has glowing red eyes on it.
    With fluid grace she draws a silver glowing sword from beneath her cloak and uses it to hack at the staff, attempting to separate the skull from the rest of it.

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Gothmog stares for a moment or two at the devil... and then sights. I could've expected as much from you.
    Your kind really never gives their plans to rule all, does it? So damn persistent you truly are quite a nuisance for all other you know.
    I'm gonna tell you this now so dont bothers asking it later, ok?... *do it yourselves*. I have no intention of fighting for world dominance beside devils.

Well, let me know when you storm this place, yeah?

Oh, dont get mad at me here, 'couse my bird doesnt like being frightened. He's such a coward, and it would take me a while to calm him down again. Lots of work, anyway.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

ooc: sorry i'm a bit lost, who had a staff with a skull, was that me (the halfling)? Well i'm just going to asume it was, sorry if i'm wrong but i have to make these guesses u see and no one else has a staff or anything of any sort (i think?)
    The blue cloaked halfling jumped back in surprise.
    "What in Ao's name are you doing elf?!" the halfling screamed. "Do you even know what you have just broken".
    "No no of corse you don't, no elf mind could ever compensate (spelling) something as marvilous as that" He said almost to him self.
    After a while of thought the halfling looked up from the shattered skull on the floor.
    "I'm sorry for such an out burst, its just that the thing you broke was a priceless artifect (spelling?). Well, my names Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Help me with with blacked cloak person now if you please, instead of just standing there like most elves would". And with a sigh Nirnaeth bent down again to help the hooded figure.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

ooc: No, Snipers character had the staff with the skull. I'm cutting off its head coz I think that its killing him.

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shura shakes his head in declination. " I would prefer to stay away from strong drink." He leaned forward with both hands resting on the table, the shadows wreathing his face ominous.

" I must focus constantly to keep my bloodlust in check, you see." The swordsman's eyes narrowed. " The name Mengrovian is not unknown amongst those who have walked the planes, frenchman. I would like to hear your tale, or legend, if you prefer at length."

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

As the skull shatters, a black energy force leaves the staff, filling the tavern with a scream of impaling death! The black energy force encircles the Halflinf, elf and hooded figure and vapourizes but not before screaming

"I SHALL HAVE YOU ALL! ALL OF YOUR SOULS! YOU SHALL ALL DIE!!!!"

Then comes silence. The black hooded figure groans and mutters a 'thanks' before slumping to the ground unconcious...

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Albrecht listens intently to the human bard's ramblings, making a few notes about the various different worlds he claims to have seen. Suddenly he hears the scream of "Pathetic gnome!" and turns to see a blue cloaked halfling.

"Are you talking to me?" asks Albrecht, "because I don't see any other gn-" He is cut off when the elf he had been speaking to earlier leaps at a cloaked man and starts hacking at his staff for some reason. The skull falls to pieces and the black force fills the room. Albrecht backs against the bar in fright, and clutches at an amulet he wears, consisting of three slowly rotating concentric rings. The amulet starts spinning at a rapidly increasing rate. Sparks shoot off the amulet in all directions, and an unearthly blue glow expands from the centre of the amulet. As the thing departs, he drops the amulet and waves his hands "No!" he cries, "Stop!", but the blue glow expands to envelop his whole body. And then, with a brilliant shower of sparks, he is gone.

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Kanorr wags his tail at Gothmog.

"The Bloodd Warr has no beginning. Has no end. Barbazus, Gelugons, all otherr Baatezus makesth warr 'gainst the Demons. We do it 'cause we can. And whyy rrule anyt'ing? Wes got Baator to usselves - big place it 'tis. Why we want to conquer? You morrtals make farr too many assummt'ons.

"Why we attack this place? Just full of scum and drink. Maybe unnaturral, but still worrthless. Bloodd isth ourr victorry. Bloodd an' spoils.

"If you not interested, fine. But I not believe morrtals have no price."

[ May 13, 2003, 03:11: Message edited by: Oaz ]

15. Rotku

ooc: opps sorry i sort of missed that, ignor what i last said then.

After the screaming begins the halfling covers his ears with his hands and crouches down on the floor screaming. His eyes roll up into his head, and hands reach into his clock pulling out a dagger with a golden shine to it. The halfling lifts the dagger and startes to push it into his chest. Just before the dagger meets his cloak the screaming stops and the dagger falls to the floor. The halfling still shuddering stands up and turns to the moon elf and in a shaken and stuttering voice he congradulates (spelling?) her, "Well done, how did you know what to do? or even a better question what was that thing?"
    Before the elf can answer the halfling stairs up at the roof pondering some unknown thing.
    "No, we don't have time now, we must help the hooded man" the halfling says to him self.
    In a deeper voice he replies, "No, that might be what we're looking for. We must follow it at once".
    "Nooo!" the halfling screams.

With that he turns back to the moon elf, "quickly help me lift this man into a seat, then you can hopefully answer some questions for me".

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Lithien grabs her holy symbol as the screaming begins and mutters a swift prayer to Eilistraee. Then she attempts to spin a psychocreative shield to prottect her ears from the deafening racket.
    As the screaming stops and the dagger clatters to the floor she allows her psychic ear plugs to disappear.
    She grabs the fallen man by the armpits and begins lifting him into the seat. "Such artifacts of evil are ridiculously undiscuised. Any staff with a skull and glowing eyes that makes people fall to the floor is something worth noting and getting rid of.
    As for what it was, I have no idea besides a staff of much negative energy.
    Now you answer my question, why are you talking to yourself?"

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    When the elf drew her sword and the commotion began, Mengrovian sighed. "That, my friend, might have to be postponed... I have a bad feeling about this."
    And right he was, for the following events of screamed death threats from dissipating shadows and the like we're unusual and foreboding to Mengrovian's finely tuned sense of danger.
    Before he knew it, he had one of his blades gripped in his hand, a dagger from a farawy plane. "Yes... I have a very bad feeling about this..."
    He glanced at Shura, "But I will tell you my story, even if it has to be done later, my friend..." his eyes glinted in the dim light.
    Yes, he had felt it right. The elven woman had used psionics. Interesting...

(*bounce*)

[ May 13, 2003, 08:41: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me wakes up and feels his head ( No, not that one ;) ) Sorvo checks for any other bumps or bruises. What the Hell happened last night, Sorvo says to himself! He hears all this jabbering, as he slowly gets to his feet :hmm: Oh yeah, another night out with the boys, on a planer drinking mission! Bastards left me at the bar again :mad: At least they left my +5 two handed silver vorpal sword under my rags, Sorvo says to himself ;) Sorvo pays no attention to the other patrons as he slithers his Githyanki ass over to the bar. "Double Tequila" he says to the bartender "and I don't need any training wheels!" The bartender looks at Sorvo with a I don't know wether to kill you or laugh at you face. Sorvo shrugs and says "Do it if you want to pal, Im just here to drink" The bartender snickers and pours the double. Sorvo tosses back the shot just like those mexicans on earth taught him, on one of the other "nights" out. Sorvo takes a look around the place and says " Where the Hell am I"

19. Rotku

As the elf starts talking the halfling pulls out a seat and sits down. When the elf finished talking the halfling mutters something in an unknown tounge, then faces the elf again. "Well, I am, the one and only, Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Yes before you ask i know its not a very halfling name but... how can i say this..."
    Just then the Nirnaeth sees a glint in the corner of his eyes. Spinning around he looks directly at Mengrovian. "Calm down my friend" The halfling said to the man in the strange clothing, "No need to panic, put you blade down."

"Now where was I" the halfling says to himself, "oh thats right".
    He turns around and faces the hooded man. "How long untill he wakes?" the halfling sub concisly (spelling?) asks. Relising what he said he turns back to the elf, "yes, how long untill he wakes?".

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

The hooded figure stirs in his seat when suddenly his eyes glaze wide open. A look of desperation impales his features and he jerks suddenly. The hood falls from his head revealing his face; His hair is short and spiked slightly with copper streaks; dark brown eyes dart about; his lips set against a light brown face tremble slightly. There are a number of stress marks on his face betraying his age.

After several moments, the young man relaxes and slumps back in his seat and sighs. Sweat beads down his face, his energy spent, allowing him to only whisper...

"Thank you ... I will tell you all ... but first ... i need several glasses of water ..."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.