1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Calm yourselves. I have no wish to cause trouble, I was merely curious of why three drow would be away from the Underdark and whether they worshipped the Queen of Stupidity, otherwise known as Lloth. But in you insist on fighting, well, I'd be happy to oblige you."
    She stood up and gripped the hilt of her sword, quite sure now that there was going to be a brawl.

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The door opens and a bearded short guy in a spiked fullplate armor and wielding a warhammer and a shield steps forward into the tavern. He goes to the bartender:
    "Can I have a drink, Mr.? I'd like some Dwarven Ale."

The barkeep gives him a bottle of Dwarven Ale and a glass and Alexander the Great goes and sits on a chair in the corner drinking his beer.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Morningstar draws the great-sword from his back, the runes glowing brighter than the sun at dawn. "Up until now I have with held my anger towards you dark elves. But if someone is going to kill you, I would rather enjoy taking your last cursed breath." he glances at the now taller halfling. "Will you stop me now, Ninaerth?"

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Glint rolls his eyes and stands up raising his staff into a combat position.

"Indeed, you're kind have plagued my previous party though i must say, your kind were easy to dispatch ... just a mere nuscience (sp) and i guess the same shall be repeated."

Glint stands fully upright and mutters arcane words in succesion. As he speaks one word, different coloured globes encircle him. On the last word, Glint disapears from sight.

A laugh can be heard between Morningstar and Ninaerth

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-"Excuse me, surface scum. But I am NOT a drow, I am a half-drow, while proud of my underdark heritage I have never worshipped Lolth and I will never do it. I am a proud follower of Shar and I will remain so."

Velve drawed his Bastard sword and pointed the tip at the elf.

-"How are you going to do, rivvin? I do not wish you death but if I have to I will defend my new comrades."

6. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The door opens once more and yields to a young elven woman, appearing both pretty and more than a little naive. She carries nothing but a traveler's pack and a hand-carved staff, one of beauty and apparent power, bearing the head of a unicorn. She closes the door quietly behind her and clutches the staff close, noticing the ones perhaps starting a spar. She slides by, hopefully unnoticeably, and sits at a nearby empty table, leaning the staff against the wall and slipping off her pack, looking around quietly as the light bounces off her grey, almond-shaped eyes.

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shura leans forward, resting his hands on the table.

" Bah. A veritable flood of pointy eared filth." He muttered. " I should have killed more of them when I had the chance."

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"Nor do we wish you death, drow. But you do wish death to a great mage, and this I can not allow.
    As you drows would say EL OLATH OGGLIN!" And with that Nirneath threw himself, sword first, towards the nearest drow. Half way towards the drow Nirneath slides himself under the nearest table. After a lot of banging he stands up again on the other side of the table with a black eye and rips in his cloak. As the he stands his hight seems to shrink back to his normal size. He throws off his shredded clock revealing a bright golden armor.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Damn, I'm supposed to be good at diplomacy, but this," she muttered irritably. She drew her sword in a fluid motion and held it at the ready.
    "We need not fight!" she yelled over the noise. "It is not your religion or your race I oppose. I myself was once as you are. We can solve this without bloodshed!"

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Nirneath looks over towards Lithien and stairs at her for what seemed like hours. The halfling lowers his own swoard. "Yes, can we sort this out in a civilized fasion? Or is this past the knowledge of you drows?"

11. Volsung Gems: 14/31

OoC: DO I have to give my char a name or my nick is fine?

IC: The dwarf raised his grey head from his cup and looks at the drows. Then he looks at the halfling and shouts at him, due to the distance: "Give the drows a chance. Don't be so quick to pick a fight, boy."

12. Register Gems: 29/31

Velve runs at the elf that shouts peace-trying ramblings and swings his bastard at him. Come, my friends, lets make short work of these infidels.

13. The Kilted Crusader

Morningstar parries the sword heading toward Lithien and pushes the half drow away. "Listen to me you worm. I am the third Swordmaster of Hraeth, and am one of the finest warriors in all the planes. I say this without arrogance, for I have cut down half a hundred of your brethren and many of them are... were more skilled than you could ever dream to be. You can either sit down and listen to Lithien or we will kill you and your lackies."

14. Register Gems: 29/31

The half-drow halts for a moment and says:

-"First of, these are my comrades, not my lackeys. They are no simple hirelings but trained mages in the school of arcana and is trained in by the best wizard race in the Realms.

Also, I am the son of, what do you call it? Queen? High priestess of Lolth? However, you get the point, I have gotten the best training in all over Undraeth, best of all the warrior cities in the underdark. I think you underrestimate me a bit, and I can vouge for my comrades battle skill as well. And don't forget that I am one of the chosen of Shar and have her blessing in the revival of the masses.

Now, back away or you will eat my blade."

15. The Kilted Crusader

"Your birth has no significance. As to these 'skilled mages', the blade I hold contains a soul fragment of a daemon which consumes all magic cast upon me. You may believe you have an edge, being a chosen of Shar, but know this, I am a direct descendant of Asiant (OoC: dammit, I'm spoiling Dawn In Shadow), the High God of the Wood Elves of Lathel."

[ June 17, 2003, 21:55: Message edited by: Morningstar ]

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Velve lowers his blade a bit but is still having it ready.

-"I have killed many surface elves during my raids as a wanderer and thug. I was also trained to kill the elves during my trainings in Undraeth. I am a warrior, and will defend my cause to the last breath."

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Violence must be met with swift violence, so that no more innocents shall be hurt," Lithien quoted the Eilistraeeian saying.
    "Defend thy cause to that last breath, unwittingly you still serve the cause of Lloth."
    She took a quick step forward and stabbed with her sword, then quickly jumped back again.

18. Volsung Gems: 14/31

"Bah! Let the bozos fight. Why do I care about 'em?" said the Duergar seeing the fight and sank into his cup.

19. Rotku

Nirneath stands behind the table while the fight unfolds infront of him. As the halfdrow attacks Lithien, Nirneath quickly slips into the shadows, almost disapearing. He slowly and quietly sneaks behind the Drow magic casters. Pulling out yet another rod from his cloak he waves it in the air and a bright white light admits from the halfling.

20. The Kilted Crusader

Morningstar suddenly smiles, but his blade does not lower. "You have heart half-drow, and for that I respect you. I suspect you may also have honour. If you have even a spark of it; swear to me that you will not attack the wizard's wife, and face this mage man to man only. If you do this, one of us will not have to die."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.