1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The atrocities of the gaming universe

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Enthasius, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Albion :mad: :mad:
    I dont know if anyone ever heard of this game before but i bought it in a package with settlers 2 IIRC (great game that was). I just bought it out of curiocity and i never liked it at all.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

8people:

You realize Scott Adams is a member of the Communist party, right?

Those bugs? There's a good chance they were intentional... :)

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Time Commando, oh my God.

Bugs, crap gameplay and horrible graphics, don´t ever buy this game since it will ruin your PC

4. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My greatest disappointment was Microsoft Train Simulator. I like trains and driving them in the real life (not my job, but have tried with "help" of some of my friends). But the game was very faaar from the real life experience and the game didn't implement the most important thing in maneuvering trains: the help of "assistant" (man with flag, that instructs driver).

I could also vote for Might & Magic IX, liked 7th and 8th part, but 9th was very bad.

SW Rebellion and SW Force Commander: bad and worse

[ September 14, 2002, 17:58: Message edited by: total ]

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] SW Rebel Assualt 2
    If i want to pretend im in the film i will watch it and make pow-pow zam! noises at the relevant points. I do not want to play monotonous hide behind cover, press button 1 and dart out to shoot a stormtrooper, release button 1, repeat. And the cutscenes!!! i've could do better head replacements in paint than these ones, hmm "real film footage" it says, what you get is the film with very very bad voiceovers and dodgy head replacements. Don't even think about looking for any lip synch there is none. Grr well at least i sold it for a tenner :heh:

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Most of the games based on movies are pretty bad, like the phantom menace, which had rly bad graphics, & half of it was slightly related to the movie. although die hard, was one of the best games id ever played.

7. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Sorry for the one who likes it but the worst game for me was Dungeon Siege... :D

8. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Christian, Funny you mentioned DS. I just posted about it. It sucked on my computer. Even though my computer is above the min req.

Worst games I've ever played? Well for starters the ones that are suppose to work on my computer but don't.
    I had an old 486 laptop and couldn't do much, but I had a game called Vikings or something like that, had the voice of Worf from Star Trek.
    I also dislike the games that are based on a movie. I am talking about the ones that basically follow the storyline of the movie. Like SW: Phantom Menace. Just making mazes to follow doesn't make an exciting game. But games based on a movie, but with their own new storyline are pretty cool.
    How about a game called Cyberia 1 & 2? Pretty stupid.
    I have a very bad habit of buying cheap games at Walmart that are on clearance. I usually get crap ones there and end up giving them to the kids down the street.

9. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Star Wars: Phantom's Menace.

How in Yoda's name could I be fighting those stromtroopers while looking down on my character's head? Yes, very nice, I carry a lightsaber, but I'm able to see only 20 feet around me... :bang:

PS: If I named the wrong game, please let me know. I tried to erase everything related to it from memory. :sick:

10. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

(snip)

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE MIGHT AND MAGIC?!?!

I have 6 to 9 (nine sucks) and I love them! THe story is so cool too. Especially 8. The game is just very fun if you ask me. Not as convulated as BG.

@prophet

hey, i was just about to give my vote to mm6. maybe you should give a try on parts 2-5, they don´t give you free 3d exploration, just this 90° block-walking, but this and the nice riddles (hello, where were the riddles in part 6, apart from take item a to char b in spot c?!), the detailed monsters (not those bitmap buddies they featured later on) and the nice storyline (ah, those time travelling stuff in part 2 really kicked, or the good-neutral-evil-battles in part 3) made them my personal favourites next to arkania and wiz 6 and 7 during the early 90ies. descent started with part 6, i never laid my hand on a mm since then.

other hyped bubbles:

creature shock -> nice render-movies, but that horrible space-invaders-like shoot-and-fly-sequence in the beginning with those ham-and-bacon-like enemies just made me laugh.

probably every us gold and ocean-release in the early 90ies. they were only doing stupid jump and run adaptions of every movie license they would get their hands on and they obviously sold like cutted bread...

the starter level of eye of the beholder 3, where did i sign that lumber jack contract?

space quest 6 -> roger wilco never survived the svga promotion

krondor 1 and 2 -> uhm...

11. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Worst game ever is simply is Britney's Dance Beat combine a horrible game with a ugly girl, the game causes kids to kill them selves. Stay away unless you want to die!

12. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Worst game I have ever played? That's an easy one!

E.T. for the Atari 2600!

I don't think I need to provide much reasoning behind this one, but in case you have never played it:
    There were only about 4 screens in the whole game. The object of the game was to find telephone pieces that were scattered through the 4 screens. Some screens had these pits in them, and if you fell down one, you had to levitate the E.T. blob up out of the hole. There was a bad guy blob (stick figures would have been an improvement!) who popped up at random and chased you around. When you beat the game, you were treated to a still pic of the ugly alien himself. Boring, shallow, simplistic, and only vaguely related to the movie.
    I received it for Christmas one year, played it for about 15 minutes (beat it twice), and never touched it again!

Just complete and utter garbage! No wonder Atari buried millions of these cartridges in a landfill!

Swordquest (also for the Atari 2600) was also pretty bad. Strange Zodiac puzzles and bizarre and incredibly hard mini games that provided the only action in the game. I had NO idea what I was supposed to do (and neither, I suspect, did the game developers).
    It had the feel of an unfinished beta game.

13. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Battlecruiser 3000 AD.

'Nuff said.

14. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31

Journeyman Project 3(?) aside from one funny character, the game was crap. It was clue, backtrack, clue, backtrack, clue,backtrack to the point of "please somebody blow up my head so i don't have to keep going back to the place i went a hundred times already."

Just like the later Final Fantasies, it was too cinematic as well.

(Warcraft 3 was also a huge disappointment, they pushed back the release date and it still seemed like they had rushed the whole dag-blasted thing!)

[ October 21, 2002, 07:35: Message edited by: The Irreligious Paladin ]

15. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

you could be right on warcraft 3, not an atrocity maybe, but i own it since yesterday and i must say that somebody should´ve checked satturation and temperature of the colours before releasing. i get an eye ache out of it and i don´t like those candy colours in the rather dark setting that wc3 would like to be...

16. Atreides Gems: 7/31

I'd have to say that Final Fantasy VIII is a pretty bad game. The story sucked, the weapons system sucked, and the whole junctioning thing was crap. Worse, when you wanted to summon something really nasty to hurt your enemies it took forever and a day for the freaking summon animation to finish, really annoying!
    Diablo 2 is pretty nasty too, though the expansion makes it playable (only slightly.) A good hack and slash would have to be Dungeon Siege, that is how to make a gmae like that!
    I too am rather disappointed with Warcraft 3. I hate multyplayer and the fact that the game has some severe lagging on my system which is rediculous (considering I can run Morrowind with all the graphics settings at max.) Also, the world editor for the game just plain sucks, Star Edit was better because it didn't take forever to load up a map (I have 512 MB of DDR RAM and a GeForce 4 4400 graphics card.)

17. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Kingdom Hearts for Playstation 2. Any PS2s that this... this... abomination has touched surely want to kill themselves. A serious Rpg. With FF characters and Disney characters. I swear I have had nightmares to that effect. (Of course, I'm seriously twisted, so those are just weird dreams for me.) I hate the very Idea of this "game". I would rather walk across the ocean without air tanks than "play" Kingdom Hearts. The first time I heard about it, I instantly dismissed it as a bad joke and moved on. Then I saw the tv commercials. The world has become a worse place because of this "game." Hell, it's like the anti-game. I will absolutely NEVER play Kingdom hearts, unless the alternative involves sharp, metal objects and my dull, fleshy body.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Settlers 3

Seven Kingdoms 1 + 2

Die hard

These are sucky games

BTW Might and Magic rules, except IX ofcourse

19. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Turok:Evolution for the PS2.Now that's an abomination.The sounds it is as if they got it from some 70's action movie.The graphics.....you know what I mean.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.