1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:rolleyes: (Big waste of an item thread; should've made a new topic in the D&D forum)

@Saber:
    Everything you need is here. Just download the AD&D Rules FAQ at the bottom of the page.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :doh: Now I actually managed to ruin my own post :bang: :bang: :bang:

To bring it back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing your addition, Saber :) .

3. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Maybe I'm just being a dumbass, but I couldn't find Bion in the Adventurer's Mart! He's supposed to be near the back of the store, right?

That doesn't mean I didn't try it out, though. I summoned Bion with the CLUAConsole and went to Taluntain's store. Looks like everything is where it's supposed to be, other than me not finding Bion. By the way, the thing that happens after you insult Taluntain (not that I would ever do so normally, I just wanted to see what happened) is the funniest thing ever.

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think that Magpie ment the rear end as in "the point farthest (or at the farther end) from the Adventures Mart"; or something along those lines. He is at (x3000, y2000) Just above the snakes cage, below the circus tent, I'm sure you'll find him there ;)

[ October 12, 2005, 09:46: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

5. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I am SO stupid. :idiot: Can I have that Idiot of the Week avatar / title thing?

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Or that Magma-man didn't tell me he relocated Bion :shame: :p

Updating the ReadME.txt now...

@Western Paladin:

Be careful what you wish for... ;)

7. olimikrig

Media:
    Well the rear end could mean that too, no :rolleyes:

@ Western Paladin

Nah, Magpie and I just don't communicate that well above the "silly-level" :p
    Someone please edumacate me in teh arts of communication!

Remember to add the x 'n' y points, Mag's, This'll simplify finding hime quite some.

8. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

But surely the 'on hit' modifier could only be added to something you hit with. unless you've figured out a way to kick/headbutt/bodyslam then you cant strike the opponent with your armour.

I was thinking more like the armour having a permenant/constantly refreshing contingency spell. Like casting doom on opponent when hit or invisible on self when down to 50% health.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Let me add a few sorcerous items:
    --------------------------------------------------

Staff of Misleading Illusions+2
    This staff is highly enfused with the misleading power of the Illusion School. It is rumored that it was created by highly skilled illusionists, and they each put some of their spell casting ability in it. The power is so potent, it can cast a variety of illusion spells in combat that can help the wielder. This highly specialized item can only be used by those with arcane training, and those who are banned in training of the art of the illusion can not use this weapon. This staff is nearly-transparent, and sometimes glimmering slightly, a good weapon to suprise any opponent in battle.

STATISTICS:

Special:
    %20 chance of casting invisibility on the wielder per each hit.
    %15 chance of casting miror image on the wielder per each hit.
    Can cast spook 3/per day.
    Can cast Mislead 1/day.
    Non-detection.

THAC0:+2
    Damage:1d6+2
    Damage Type:Bludgeoning
    Weight:5
    Type:Two-handed
    Requires: 5 str
    Usable by:Mage Sorcerer
    Not usable by:Others and specially Necromancers.

Staff of Fiery Evocations+2
    This staff is highly enfused with the fiery and destructive power of the Evocation School. It is rumored that it was created by highly skilled evokers, and they each put some of their spell casting ability in it. The power is so potent, it can cast a variety of evocation spells in combat that can help the wielder. This highly specialized item can only be used by those with arcane training, and those who are banned in training of the art of the shaping and controlling pure energies can not
    use this item. The staff radiates a strong elemental aura, and you can sense the fiery energy ready to explode when you touch it.

STATISTICS:

Special:
    %20 chance of casting Aganazar's Scorcher on the target per hit.
    %10 chance of casting a Lightning Bolt on the target per hit.(10d6, save vs spell for half)
    Can cast Magic Misile 3/day
    Can cast Chain Lightning 1/day
    Grants +%20 fire, cold, and electricity resistance.

Not usable by:Others and specially Enchanters.

Staff of Hideous Necromancy+2
    This staff is highly enfused with the hideous and repelling power of the Necromancy School. It is rumored that it was created by highly skilled and wretched necroamcers, and they each put some of their spell casting ability in it. The power is so potent, it can cast a variety of nasty necroamancy spells in combat that can help the wielder. This highly specialized item can only be used by those with arcane training, and those who are banned in training of the art of the controlling the power over life and death can not use this item. The staff is eternal black, chilling to the touch, and radiates an aura of decay and evil.

STATISTICS:

Special:
    %20 chance of casting Horror on the target per hit.
    %10 chance of casting a vampiric touch on the target per hit.
    Can cast Larloch's Minor Drain 3/day
    Can cast Death Spell 1/day
    Grants +2 bonus to save vs death.

Not usable by:Others and specially Illusionists.

Staff of ever Changing Alteration+2
    This staff is highly enfused with the ever changing chaotic power of the Alteration School. It is rumored that it was created by highly skilled Transmuters, and they each put some of their spell casting ability in it. The power is so potent, it can cast a variety of alteration spells in combat that can help the wielder. This highly specialized item can only be used by those with arcane training, and those who are banned in training of the art of changing subjects to their will can not use this weapon. This staff hums with magical energy, much like an ever changing living being, which somehow does not discomfort you at all.

STATISTICS:
    Special:
    %15 chance of casting slow on the target per hit.
    % 10 chance of hasting the wielder per hit.
    Can cast Burning Hands 3/day
    Can cast Disintegrate 1/day
    Grants immunity to petrification.

Not usable by:Others and specially Abjurers.

--------------------------------------------------
    Maybe I should make staves for some other schools too? If you can make these I am sure they will be an useful addition to a mage till he gets SotM.

10. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

maybe, maybe not. i rarely send my mage to the front to try and beat my enemies relying on boomerang dagger, firetooth, sling, darts and short bows. ah, yeah, and spellcasting :)

11. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My name's in credits!
    Finally i got my name somewhere, thanks! :D

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^But I am sure Fighter/Mages or Cleric/Mages will enjoy these. Even mages may consider using them as long as they are protected. They have nifty special abilities, mind you.

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is quite a few quarterstaves in the game already but There is a formula here. Maybe making a staff for every spell school and usable only by that school. Additionally granting immunity to their chiosen school could be possible. If that is something accepted then I'll make them as well (i'm getting quite the work load :D )

So far i've got:

2 Neckalces made
    1 Belt

and am going to make potentially:

7 staffs
    1 more amulet

14. olimikrig

Media:
    @ Pseudospawn

NO... The on hit modifier is when you're hit! I have tested this with casting remove magic, and I hit once - nothing happenend. I had one hit me - Remove fear was thrown each time.

Just for the record. I know a lot of people has a broken version of doom, and do not intend to let people exploit that ( :p Sil) it (it is cumulative), so I won't allow a doom hit, unless it's a percentage of throwing doom when you're hit.

"conditions" for throwing spell on condition: :heh:

0 On hit
    1 Enemy within sight
    2 HP < 50%
    3 HP < 25%
    4 HP < 10%
    5 [helpless]
    6 [poisoned]
    7 Each round attacked
    8 Each round hit
    9 Every round"

These are all applied to yourself, meaning that all are when you're either hit, down to 50% hp, poisoned, etc...

@ Malovae

IF you make them school restricted, then go ahead and make them. I will have to requirre one for each school, though ;) .

15. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31

Veteran

thats cleared things up a bit, but would the on hit modifier on the armour only apply to the person wearing it? would it be able to cast offensivly?

I was thinking along the lines of a barbed armour that catches the enemy's weapon, potentially damaging it and reducing their Thac0. ALso a skeletal shield that has a chance to inflict horror on the attacker when the wearer is struck.

16. olimikrig

Media:
    Again, no. It will be able to cast offensively. Basically, it will cast as an instant spell, without casting animations or speed.

Targets can be:
    0 The caster
    1 Last attacker
    2 [Nearest enemy]
    3 [Nearest creature]

As for damaging wepons, it isn't do-able, as weapons don't have any "durability" in bg2, but you can, however, set it to lower their Thac0, by simply making a spell that will do that...

The horror shield is piece of cake.

Also, if you would want a spell like horror, that normally hits multiple cratures, then you will have to state that, as it will requirre of me to make a new version of the horror spell ;)

17. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31

Veteran

The Final Word
    This bizarre steel helmet fashioned by intense magicks conforms to the shape and texture of an ordinary harlequin mask. However the ever swirling and merging of colours hints at a much deeper power lurking underneath. It achieved infamy in the hands of its original owner, the Nightblade known only as "The Pseudospawn"
    Working as a Jester by day and Assassin at night he constantly found himself in the company of loud individuals. During performances he competed with the boysterous audience for attention & respect, then again at night struggling to be heard over their warcries and fireball incantations.
    Soon after a particularly nasty encounter at the High Hedge in Baldur's Gate he was found to sporting this helm at all times. However it is unsure whether it was crafted by himself out of necessity or by the misanthropic mage, Tyrael that managed his troupe. But it earnt him a reputation for being able to keep his audience captive.
    STATISTICS:
    Vocalize
    Silence 15" Radius
    Cloak of Fear
    Weight: 2
    Usable by:
    Mage (Dual & Multi Class)
    Bard

Porcupine Coat (Robe)
    What on the surface appears to be a rather shabby wizards robe is infact a centuries old mithril full-plate suit worn and disassembled over time. Each seemingly broken knot and loose thread is in reality a mithril shard tougher than steel and lighter than leather. Each weapon stroke upon the wearer becomes caught in the coat scratching and disfiguring the weapon, making each subsequent strike more difficult to land.
    STATISTICS :
    Protected from Normal Weapons
    33% chance to reduce attackers Thac0 by 1 when struck.
    AC: 2
    Weight: 5
    Usable By:
    Mage

Death's Gaze (Small Shield)
    (description to come)

STATISTICS:
    Immune to Fear & Panic
    25% chance to Spook attacker when struck.
    AC Bonus: 2
    Weight: 5
    Usable By:
    Everyone

The silence spell as used in game is one cast, area affect, would it be possible to have it look and act like the dragon aura of fear??
    Spook would operate just as the spell with -6 save.
    Would silence/cloak of fear be useful for anything else but crowd control & keeping away the lesser mobs?

[ October 13, 2005, 17:42: Message edited by: Pseudospawn ]

18. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just noticed, dunno if it's just me or everyone, the Pilums+1 and +2 have mixed prices. +1 costs about 5500 and +2 costs about 2600 :confused:

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

You aren't planning on releasing the real version (or full, i mean) for a while, correct?

I'm swamped in school work, and I don't have time to make the weapons until the weekend...

20. olimikrig

Media:
    No, there needs lots of testing still, and yet another testing stage when the other items are added before I will dare call it a final version

@ Goli

Good that you mention this. However, I would prefer that any bug/flaw/error is e-mailed to the appropriate person (in this case either Malovae, or me) as stated in the readme. It is easier for us that way, as we don't have to distinguish such things from the suggestions and the likes when going through this thread.

Moreover that couldn't "just be you", as item prices are the same (more or less, as Charisma dumps/raises the prize's) for all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.