1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Eh? How far back does she originally mention her dad?

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Way back. It's why she fiendishly grabs all of the gold she can find, she needs to bail him out.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'm going to have to go hunting tonight, I guess. You've got a better memory than me.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    First saw him in a flashback in #93. But go to #131 for the explanation.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The kingdom that had him in bondage was also mentioned in this strip -- Tyrinaria. I guess Haley did come clean to Elan about her dad (I thought she might have, been so long since I read some of the old stuff) because of the surprised look on Elan's face when his old man mentioned that former country.

7. dmc

Media:
    I love completing the circle of in-your-face foreshadowing. Awesome!

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Elan is rather brash, isn't he? I mean, his Dad is likely quite a bit higher in level than he is -- I get the feeling that Elan is about to have his ass handed to him.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... or not. :p

"Wait, who you consider a "somebody"?" :lol:

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Based on today's comic, his old man appears to plan to hand Elan his ass in 10 years or so.

Tarquin is rapidly becoming my new favorite villain, superseding even Tsukiko.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Uncle Geoff"?!? :eek:

I didn''t see that coming at all...

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Burlew has still got the goods, and can still surprise us from time to time. I'm still awaiting a dramatic reintroduction of Helga when was all LEAST expect it!

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Did that guy appear before?

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Strip 777: "You go ahead and keep that. In fact, you should probably shove it somewhere safe. And dark."

BWAA HA HA HA! That is just fricking awesome! Maybe I'm a sicko, but that is some funny <stuff> right there.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    And that is why cats are superior to dogs.

16. dmc

Media:
    For some strange reason I find #781 hysterical. I'm sure it's out of proportion to its actual humor content, but still . . .

17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It is. The way Belkar is silent before he performs surgery.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought #783 was well done.

19. dmc

Media:
    #787 The return of
    Thog. Yay!!! I wish he was still in the leprechaun costume.

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oh yeah. On the other hand, I liked how Roy went into badass mode. Someone is going to get the stuffing beaten out of them on that one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.