1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

*Tarsom and Ceymour pack their things and head out* Thanks for the stay, and might I give a comment. You really ought to do something about the beds. Ceymour had to climb up his, I know he's a gnome and all but have a little consideration. *In agreement Ceymour says* Yeah gnomes have feelings too *then he proceeds to chuckle as they walk out*

2. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*Uthar walks back downstairs to see the newcomer*

"welcome stranger what can i do for ya?"

*Uthar waves to Tarsom and his companion as a farewell as he says that*

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

A new person walks in, this is a young man clad in a black and silver leather armor. It is styled to be as much an outfit for parties as well as armor in battle. By his side is a long slender blade, a rapier. The sword is also styled to be as much decoration as tool. strangely enough a wand is tucked down in his left boot. He has a smile on his lips and a flash in the eye. He walks up to the barkeep and introduces himself; "Hello good barkeep, what a splendid day it is. I am Alexei, recently out of Waterdeep. (ooc: this is Forgotten Realms right?) I would like a glass of wine please.

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] The stranger pulls up a bar-stool, and sits at the bar table. He looks up at the barman and smiles, "Ho there, barman, my name is Drazhar, i come from far away, you wouldn't have heard of it, so i won't bother telling you what it's called." leans back into the stool, and puts both his hands palm down on the table.
    "I'm an assasin, and i can't say i haven't dabbled a bit in the magic arts either." he looks over at the other people accumalated in the bar. He looks at the man sitting at the table drinking from a glass of whine, "hmm, nice armour, but it's a bit flash isn't it?"

5. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

"i cant talk to three people at once so please just come in and sit down and i'll be with you two in a moment"

6. Firestorm

Yes Drazhar, But its part of who i am. Allow me to inrotduce myself; I am Alexei Saqarastar; Scout, Spy, Locksmith and seducer of women. I was recently chased out of Waterdeep due to a... *ahem* unlucky event with a noblemans daughter... Sufficed to say that it was best for me to get out of there quickly. But what about you... My friend what brings you to this part of the world?

7. Snorri Guest

OOC: Dude, Crawl you'r an awesome roleplayer, so are you Xan!.

*Thud, theres a loud bang as the Tavern door swings open wildly.
    *Snorri enters the bar room and taking a look at all those sat in the seats.

"Barkeep" Barks Snorri, i need a Large Ale and make it a Strong 'un.

*Snorri is followed in to the Tavern by 5 other Dwarven built characters.

"Oh and the same for the others in my Company" Orders Snorri.
    "Barkeep i need rooms enough for 6, do you have the space?"

8. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar stands up from his stool abd walks over to Alexei's table. He pulls up a chair and sits down.
    "Well you see, the reason i'm traveling is..." before Drazhar could finish his sentence it was cut of by the loud thud of the tavern doors being slammed open by a rather agitated looking dwarf, and five others following in suit. "hmm, Dwarfs, always so rude," he takes a deep breath and turns his attention from the dwarfs, to the person he is sharing the table with, "well you see i come from a city, that had some trouble with a neighbouring city. Some insults past hand and soon the disagreement got out of hand and te two cities broke out in war. A shame really, they were very nice cities as well.
    "Anyway, in the city i lived in i had a bit of a reputation to be quite good at what i did, so the government, yes government, we have a governemnt to rule our city in stead of royalty or nobility," he takes a breath and carries on, "anyway, my government hired me out as a spy. But after 5 years of loyalty to my country i was framed for colaberating with the opposition, and in no time the whole city was after me. Now i'm just moving from place to place staying where i wish, making a living hiring out to people." He settles back into the seat opposite Alexei. "So this nobleman's daughter, what was she like...?" he smiles and carries on the conversation with Alexei.

9. Firestorm

Well, Nice and warm... Very tender, very much unlike her father i must say. Had the softest auburn hair.
    *Alexei gets a dreaming look in his eyes* Ahh, i get all sentimental just thinking about her... Well, Lets move on to the next subject. So you are an assassin you say.. Never met one of those before. You people have quite a sinister reputation, but i guess it isnt all true.
    Me, i'd rather solve my conflicts with words. it is much easier to clean up after as well. But if things get messy i like to use words then as well, except the effect might be a little more dramatical, if you catch my drift?
    That doesnt sound like a very a very nice position yo be in my friend, hopefully you will get it all cleared up eventually.
    *He signals the Barkeep and asks for another glass of wine.
    The life of a scout and spy, yes i am familiar with it, although ive never gotten me into anything as serious as that... Well perhaps the one time where this high and mighty paladin thought i was about to conquer his wife... Whew, that was a close one. Had to use all my diplomacy there. She didnt even tell me she was married, then i would have been more covert in my doings... *Alexei laughs a little to himself.

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The door to the tavern swings open. At first you think it's the wind, but the you notice the halfling that has walked through, quite short even by halfling standards, but with quite a bit more meat on him than would be expected. As he makes his way over to the bar he is heard to udder, "Damned mapmakers".
    He then raises himself up onto a stool, stands up and says to the barkeep, "Give me something with a kick, and fast."

11. Snorri Guest

OOC: Uh where is Dark Xan???, my Snorri here is kept in suspense.

IC: *Snorri and his Dwarven party go to the corner of the Tavern and take two tables and place them together, seats are then arranged.

"Thorik, go unpack the mules and secure them for the night" Says Snorri.
    "Aye Sir"
    "Snorri, what are we to do about these, Xan and Krivite?" Asks Ghim.

*Snorri pauses "We will ask all in town, these two must not escape". "The Murder of Ambassador Drake must not go unpunnished".
    "The poor manling".

"BARKEEP ALE NOW!"

12. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I leave for the weekend and NOW people show up lol anyway i got a lot of typing to catch up so exuse me if i take a while to get to your charactor

btw:looks like a good time for barmaids

*the bartender looks around and see's that he could use some help so he calls for his 3 daughters to come and help him*

*his daughters run down the stairs and simultainiously say "we're here father"*

*Uthar tells the girls to serve everyone*

*the girls go to each table getting ale for everyone*

*Uthar walks toward snorri*

"hello i couldnt help overhear you say something about Xan and Krivite they just left here"

"and about those rooms, yes we have enough but you will have to share two so three to a room is that ok?"

ooc:snorri thank you for the compliment on my roleplaying

ooc:sorry if i didnt respond to your charector with this posts if i didnt just tell me its hard to run this tavern with so many people and me being gone this weekend

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited October 22, 2001).]

13. Snorri Guest

ooc: No appologies needed Xan

ic: *Snorri notices the appearance out of the back room what appears to be the bartender, the bartender then calls for some help on the busy Taven floor.

*Barkeep warks towards the Dwarven party

"Ah about time" Grunts Snorri "See to it that my men receive the best you have, they deserve it".
    "What 3 to a room?, well i suppose we Dwarves have suffered worse, yes they will Suffice".
    "And Barkeep what do you know about these, Xan and Krivite?, i take it you heard what they are wanted for?. We the Grimm Fists have been ordered to hunt and capture these 2... Filth, for the murder of an Imperial Ambassador. House Grimmnar were the hosts of a Dwarvo-Human relations conference, so we on our honour have sworn ourselves to punish these Criminals to the full exstent of Imperial Decree."

* a pause

"Ghim, my friend pay the kind manling for his eh... generosity"

*Ghim reaches into his satchel and places a full bag of gold coins on the table in front of the Bartender.

14. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

"yes i found the two very suspicious but i never heard what they where wanted for"

"i overheard Xan say something about traveling east and to tell that to anyone that came looking for them, i assume he ment you fellows"

15. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] "Hehehe, paladins wife you say? Hahaha. That would have been difficult to get out of, let me tell you. But i wouldn't mind to of been there when you talked your way out of it though, Paladins can be quite strong minded fellows." Drazhar gazes over Alexeis shoulder to the group of bustling dwarfs. "hmm."
    Something catches his eye and he smiles. He nudges Alexei with his elbow and points to the bartable. "Time to work some of our magic on those nice specimens," Drazhar smiles as he watches Alexei following his gaze, "Why is it that Barkeep's always have pretty young things as daughters, you wonder?"
    Both the adventurers laugh together whilst watching the Barmaids come their way.

16. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:hey you can control the marmaids actions if you want. After a little while i am going to introduce a new charector so controlling the barmaids would be very helpfull to me

17. Firestorm

Well, you are right about those daughters anyway, but in the Old Pig inn in Waterdeep the innkepers daughter isnt... well how shall i put this...? Well sh is the kind of girl that would do better in Calishan if you know what i mean...? There women wear scarfs in front of the face.
    Heh, perhaps You will need magic but i dont consider it fair to use magic tricks in the art of charming, but i am not in the mood for... Company right now, so i wont demonstrate.
    *Alexei and Drazhar both laugh.

I wonder what these dwarves are here for, i never liked the bearded race very much, always so rude and curt they are, and no at all home where i fare. I mean most of them go red like a tomato if they see a revealingly dressed woman, would like to know what they did if they would see one naked...?
    *He laughs...
    I heard them talking about a... Xan? Anybody you know?

18. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] "I think they're assasins, after Xan apparently, shall we make aquaintences with them?" Drazhar picks up his tankard and stands up.

19. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The door of the tavern swings open, and yet nobody is at the door. Mere seconds later a swirl of red lightning reveals a lean githzerai. He is engulfed in an ever-shifting and swirling simple, black hooded-cloak, under which a brilliant crimson wizards' robe almost floats on a gangly tan-green body. The githzerai's black hair covers his slit eyes. He holds a staff of blue-gray wood in one hand, a simple druish staff. And in his other hand, a wand of black wood with a large red ruby floating atop it. He steps forth, dark as ever, his feet showing out of his robe, in simple soft, brown leather boots. He says in piercing, acidic tones "A firewine, if you please" and with that a pouch of gold appears floating in front of the bartender....

20. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*Uthar grabs the gold and brings him the firewine and then returns to the dwarves conversation*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.