1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The githzerai weaves an intricate pattern with his staff, and promptly strikes the rune appearing in the air with his wand. And with that a blindigly illuminated magickal web flows out all over the tavern. The gith is now linked to every corner of the tavern and he can see and hear all that's going on in it.

2. Snorri Guest

*The Bartenders and Snorri's conversation is cut short as a strange looking Githzerai walks in to the taven.

"I dont like these creatures" grunts Snorri under his breath to his party.
    "They seem to posses psychic powers"

*Snorri uses what seems to be sign language to his Dwarven friends, they all stop their casual banter and pay all attention to Snorri's every move.

"so bartender as u were saying?, they went east?. hmm very strange not like these Dark warriors to leave the City, unless they are to go to their underdark, where not even we can reach".
    "Ghim what do you think"

"Captain Snorri i very much doubt, as you said that they would leave an area of business such as a city, but the problem is, is that we do not know who or what employed them, if they were. And where they come from, none of the cities garrison seemed to know about them, but someone does as we would not know their names".

*Snorri strokes his maginificently plaited beard.
    "Just as i feared A Wild Goblin chase" "Two will be hard to find, i hope that the Dark ones are feared, i want all five of you to ask this towns inhabitants for any information if they have seen these Dark Elves, so we may still stand a chanceof tracking them down".

*Snorri Turns to the Bartender

"Thank you manling Uthar for you help, but if any information crosses your ears, don't forget we will be here for the night".
    "It seems you have customers, one last thing, may i please have some menues for your house meals?"

*With this Snorri makes awares the Gith and all occupants of the Tavern.

ooc: Where is this town or city? i need to get my bearings, thanks

[This message has been edited by Snorri (edited October 23, 2001).]

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*hands him what looks like a menu but a bit torn by amount of use*

ooc:good question.

4. Snorri Guest

ooc: we're lost in the middle of nowhere, thats bad luck ya know, i'm supprised you'r this busy lol.

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] ooc: we in a bar in the middle of nowhere....then what the hell am i doing here :lol:
    ic: Drazhar stops half way across the room as the doors burst open. He looks back at Alexei, who just shrugs and looks at the blank space between the doors.
    "hmm must have been the wind." After one more step towards the dwarfs a swirl of red lightening reveals a man standing in the doorway. Drazhar looks at the man standing in the door, and makes his way back to the table that Alexei is occupying. He nudges Alexei in the ribs with his elbow, "urm...what is that?" He asks as a magical web like form encases the room.

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited October 23, 2001).]

6. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:its in the city of Krondor then

7. Snorri Guest

ooc: Krondor eh?, hmm i now have to go dig my map up, lol!

*Snorri calls over one of the barmaids
    "Ah, what a fine selection of foods you have, uh we would like 3 Boars, nice and tender"

*Snorri finishes his mug of Ale
    "And 6 large pitchers of your Finest Dwarven Ale, please my lovely"

*The Dwarves seem to be in a celebrative mood, they continue their wild banter and inflated stories of their clans greatest battles.

8. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:if you have it on computor send it to me i dont know any more of krondor than is in the first two books

9. Snorri Guest

[​IMG] ooc: ok, well my friend has hundreds of maps, so if i find it i will scan it and put it on my website and send you a copy ok?.

ic:*A Barmaid Brings The Dwarves their Ale on a tray "no need to pay, your bag of gold was enough" said the Barmaid.

"Why thank you" says Snorri

"Your meals shouldn't be long now"

*She walks off and picks up some empty mugs from the near by tables.

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I dont know, Drazhar... But those dwarves dont seem to like it.
    Wait, now i remember, Its a Githzerai, they are psychics from some other plane. What is he doing on the Prime Material?
    But anyway, im more worried about those dwarves. There are more of them if it should come to combat. Perhaps we should go talk to the Gith?
    He might be useful in a conflict...?
    But on the other hand, if these dwarves ARE Assasins, you might be able to talk to them.
    What do you think?

OOC: Please, let it be the Forgotten Realms. Because if it isnt my previous posts will sound really stupid, and besides most people here know the FR setting from BG I&II so it will be easier... Please?

11. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:k forgotten realms it is

12. Azirath Gems: 6/31

The githzerai sits at his table, quiet, and leary, constantly moving his eyes, inspecting the tavern. Suddenly he snaps his fingers, and in them appears a worn, beige parchment, runic writing covering it entirely. In a murmer and an intricate series of hand movements that go by in a blur, the paper floats in front of the githzerai's face and burns up in flame until there is but hanging dust. In a brief flash of silvery light, the gith is surrounded in a blue aura that blinks once, and turns invisible once more, and continues to pulsate. He says in a sly, paranoid tone "If anyone here has but a glimmer of ill feelings toward me, I suggest you keep them quite secret. For if but one dagger or spell is raised with the intention to harm me, my ki aura shall smite the wielder in a most unpleasant way." And with that the githzerai sits and waits, slowly sipping his firewine, ever cautious of danger...

13. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*Uthar looks at githzerai*

"hmmm a little grumpy are we?"

14. Snorri Guest

* Snorri ceases his conversation with his Lieutenant and turns to face the Githzerai

"I don't know who you are, or what you are doing, but i suggest you stop right now!.
    This is a Tavern for resting, not casting your futile Magics" Barks Snorri

* Snorri gets up and paces towards the Gith

"So planes walker, what will it be?. Will you cease the Magics or be thrown out?, and dont scare me with you rubbish, it wont work"

"Uthar, do you want the Magics stopped?, it seems to be disturbing the peace".

*Snorri brings attention to his Massive Dwarven gold neck chain, it has the crest of the Royal house of Grimmnar and has runes inscribed upon it.

ooc: this could be fun :) no offence, but Snorri likes to eat and drink in peace, and the gith is disturbing it, he just had to go and challenge him didn't he?.
    So Drazhar, are you going to ask the dwarves what they are doing?

15. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

Uthar "can you please stop with the magick its seems to be disturbin me customers,or at least cut it down a little"

ooc:Doesnt matter to me

16. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The halfling hops off his stool, then disappears in plain sight. walks over and begins to listen to the conversations without being seen.

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

*Alexei jumps to his feet.
    "Everybody, just calm down, noone has any intention of hurting anybody in here alright? this should be a plave for relaxing not fighting. If you, dwarf, will go back to your seat, and you, gith, will calm down and try no to provoke anybody, im sure we can work all this out!. I, at least intend to have a nice evening, without worrying about fighting. There is enough space in this bar for everybody"
    *He sits down again and goes back to his conversation with Drazhar, but still looking at the people in the bar. He mumbles some words and sees the hidden halfling. He notes to himself that, this person also must be a rogue.

18. Snorri Guest

* Snorri faces Alexi
    "hmmmm as you wish, but if this Gith, waste does not stop his magics then i will have no patients".

*Snorri turns to walk back to his stool, but pauses and throws an icy stare into the Giths eyes, the Gith smirks with malice

"pathetic"

* and so he walks back, holding his chain
    "you will prove yourself one day, but perhaps not now".

*Shortly after the Dwaves settle back in, 3 Boars are brought out by the three bair maids.

"Ah atlast, we can end a day of hard travels with a hard meal"
    *Snorri and the dwarves grin

"uh an' wun last fing, says Snorri with a mouthfull, 'nuther roun' o' large Ales please"

ooc: i will send you a map of the FR and you choose where we areok?!.

19. Azirath Gems: 6/31

In surprise the githzerai blinks, and seems to drop his shield. In apologetic tones he says "I apologize for the display, I have had my share of encounters. Un-named assassins are hunting me it would seem, and I am merely overally vigilant. If you would forget this occurence I would be most grateful. For I am here merely to sit and have a drink, and soon enough, my destiny shall reveal what I must do next..." And so with that the githzerai finishes his firewine, and waves his hands, gesturing for a second.

20. Snorri Guest

"Well my friend, i am sorry for my rashness, i seem to lose my temper some times, although i never notice".

"As long as i the Grimm Fists are here, no harm, magic or blade will come to you".

"I to am seeking, although i seek assassins and not be hunted by them, but we have a cause in common, and perhaps you would travel with us?"

"wot do you say?"

"oh by the way wot is your name?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.