1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Snorri Guest

*The Gith Twists in front of Snorri

"What the Thruk?" Barks Snorri"

*The Gith turns his attention to the Gnome attacker
    *Magic missiles are fired at the small assailant

*Snorri as good as Dwarves come, grabs his ornate Dwarven battle axe from next to his stool.
    *He rushes to the bar staff

"Stay behind me, i have no idea what is going on"
    "I can only protect you from the threat, but who is the threat?".

"GHIM"

*Some villagers that were finishing their drinks rush out from the tavern as the magick starts to fly.

ooc: Cool action, but what shall i do, your characters would die against my party, er so i will watch further, but hey Shadow nice move.

2. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

*Uthar grabs a crossbow from behind the bar and aims it at the fighters*

"HEY!, if your gonna fight take it to the arena."

*points to the arena in the next room*

"plenty of room and no rules besides clean up the dead and dont screw up my tavern"

3. ooc: Thanks Shadow_Assasin but I still look upon myself as a total ass. Sigh...

*You see Haen-Dal walking down the stairs*

"Can't you people keep it down, don't you know that--"

*sees the the magic missiles fired at the halfling*

"What the-" *drowned out by misslie impact*

*Seeing the extra-planar gith as a threat, Haen-Dal unsheaths his sword and points it at
    the gith. The sword is engulfed in blue flames that's about to be launched at the gith*

"HEY!, if your gonna fight take it to the arena." says Uthar.

*The flames on the elf's sword die out and he fits the sword back into it's sheath.*

"A halfling and a githzerai, this should be interesting" mumbles Haen-Dal as he starts to walk to the arena.

4. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:cool someone is using my arena for the first time

5. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In sheer frustration the githzerai screams "Fools! I am not your enemy, what am I to do when this halfling attacks me!" He calms down amid the ruckus and states cooly "Perhaps it is my fault, but one cannot be too careful..." He snickers and says "Perhaps the bartender there is correct, let us take this to the arena, where I may thoroughly defeat you with no adventurers on my back..." He smiles at his sly insult, and brings down his staff and wand... He adds wickedly "You there with the fire blade, be thankful I decided to hold back my shield this time... If I had not I would be talking to a heap of ashes right now..."

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 06, 2001).]

6. Lao Chan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

ooc: Well your just luck that i did not have to use my axe to eh... protect Uther, thats it yes, protect Uther an his daughter.

"Ah well done Uther, you are a fine manling"

*Ghim comes barreling down the stairs, almost knocking Haen-Dal over

"My Lord are you ok?"

"Yes fine, dont worry, but theres gonna be a battle in th' Arena next door".

"oh, well i'm going to sleep, battles can wait"

*Ghim plods back up the large human stairs

"Damn Stairs" Grumbles Ghim.

"Well this should be a good match, Halfling 'genst a Gith, a most unusual match up".

7. ooc: eeeh? Snorri, you changed your alias? Lao Chan? hmm... Hope the battle will be a great read. Hurry up people!

8. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*Uthar puts his crossbow down and walk's into the arena*

9. Azirath Gems: 6/31

The githzerai grumbles sourly and under his cloak waves his hands in a few silent incantations to help him in the arena. He openly weaves a spell of intricate and rapid hand movements letting the arcane words pour from his mouth. In a brief flash a sigil on a chain, a small orb of ever-shifting colors appears around his neck. He utters almost cheerily "You shall bow to me when this is over, that is... if you survive..."

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 08, 2001).]

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

*Alexei walks in to see the battle.
    He was disturbed in his sleep and came downstairs, just when people were starting to enter the Arena. Even though he just woke up everything on him is in perfect order, not even a hair is situated wrong. He smiles when he sees that one of the combatants is the halfling he spotted earlier.
    Hello there, Unthar. How did this start? Well, whatever happened, put these on the halfling.
    *He drops a bag of gems in Unthars hand.

11. Azirath Gems: 6/31

ooc: Is it just me or does everyone in the tavern hate me? ;) I hope this doesn't effect the battle somehow... frankly that would be pretty unfair, and kinda contrary to the very point of fighting in the arena.

12. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

*A giant man walks through the door. At least seven feet tall, he wears strangely black armour which seems to defy inspection
    Strapped to his back is a greatsword at least as tall as a normal human. Positioning himself so he can get a good view of the battle he stretches out and knocks over his table. Hurriedly he picks it up in great embarrasment.

"Sorry, sorry..."

*motions to the barmaid to fetch an ale and places a small wager on the gith at the same time

ooc: ok if i join?

[This message has been edited by Masher (edited November 09, 2001).]

13. ooc: well, your character is an extra-planar creature. It is no wonder that your actions are regarded as highly suspicious, Azirath :)

ic: *Haen-Dal looks as Alexei places a bet on the halfling*

"Betting? Hmm... place one for me over the halfling, Uthar!"

*He tosses a rogue stone to Uthar and walks over to the newcomer's table*

"Well, hello there, a fine time you chose to come in. I see you're putting your money on the gith. We'll see who wins..."

*The elf sits down across the burly man and beckons to the barmaid to bring drinks*

"While we wait for the fight to start, care to tell me your name?" says Haen-Dal to the newcomer.

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 09, 2001).]

14. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*Uthar catches the bag of gems*

"Yes well we have set our bids then havnt we"

*Uthar watches the battle*

OOC:yes it is ok if you join

OOC:no the fact that some charectors dont like your charector will have no effect on the outcome and i have no control over the fight just type what you do and agree on the damage delt and who wins and if you fight about it then i will deal with it

15. Masher Gems: 5/31

Looking grateful for the friendly welcome, the man says,
    "You may call me...the Destroyer. (yes, that will do as well as any other...)"
    When pressed on the odd nomenclature, he changes the subject.
    "Why do you favour the halfling?"

[This message has been edited by Masher (edited November 09, 2001).]

16. OoC: How's this for a quick reply? :)

IC: "The Destroyer? Funny name, that. The halfling... well let's just say size doesn't matter,"

"Hey Irma! Bring me a tankard of Baalor's ale, shaken not stirred, for me and a tankard of the finest wine you have for this man here."

*Irma shakes the ale along with her body with much gusto and gets the wine and brings it to Haen-Dal*

"Here you go sirs," says Irma

"Thank you,"

"So, Destroyer, what makes you think the githzzerai can win since you're new here and all?"

OoC: BTW, can I call one of the barmaids Irma? TQ

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 09, 2001).]

17. Masher Gems: 5/31

"Well, he obviously...ummm...that is, clearly he...ahhh...I mean to say he will...oh forget it, I have no idea. Thanks for the drink, friend."
    "Destroyer is really more of a description, though."
    *leans back and takes gulp from drink.

18. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

OOC:yes the barmaids you can control as can everyone else

19. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Smiling slightly the githzerai says "Well at the least i'd say it's nice that at least one person here has placed a wager on me. I hope sir that you will recieve a lucrative return, if anything I have a spell which can spawn endless chains of coins, gems, and other currency of the like..." The githzerai pulls a belt of simple silver and very slim daggers from under his cloak and unseathes them all with a simple nod of his head using his telekinetic powers. The daggers encircle him as they float smoothly in a circle around him and he puts out hie arm and lets the very tip sligtly cut it. He promptly heals the wound as the dagger seathe themselves and he puts the belt back in his cloak... To the untrained eye nothing had happened to the daggers... but if you look closely the blades are now vibrating slightly and eminating a dull dark aura...

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited November 09, 2001).]

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ooc: sorry I've been away, comp died, well the modem atleast. When I said jump I meant as in a shadow leap, across the tavern. sorry about not explaining that. my fault guess I'll have to deal with it.

ic: The Halfling laughs, pulls his buckler from his back and sets in front of him where it floats in the air. throws 2 daggers up that take on a life of their own then disapears leaving a crossbow floating where he had stood, aimed squarely at the gith.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.