1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Kelvin Dalf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The sun shone brightly on the chartreuse canopy above Kelvin. He sensed magic, although not uncommon in these parts, that seemed too powerful for any forest creature. Could it be a predator?

Kelvin decided to ignore his senses and to concentrate on the task at hand. Patient as he was, a sickening pressure of time weighed down on the young man. He had to find it before whatever was in the woods with him did...

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Derek heard the cracking of twigs underfeet from the south. Someone had entered the wood. 'Not too dangerous' he said to himself.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Derek saw the two , the boy, and Rainette, when he stepped into the clearing. "Greetings, young man. What is your name?"

4. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

"My name is Nicolas", Nicolas said politely.

He noticed that he had something with him. He also noticed his shining armour and beautiful swords.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I hope your intentions are not hostile, little boy. This wood has many powerful and sometimes very grumpy creatures." Derek said with a laugh. The way the sun was shining on Derek made him look like a small tree. His leather armor would be the bark, and all the leaves and twigs and leaves sticking out of him being his limbs.

6. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Nicolas didn't say anything, he just watched the man in awe.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Young man, is there something wrong?" Derek thought that maybe the boy sensed the other person who had entered the Forest. Derek could sense the boy's power, even at this young of an age, but didn't want to tell the boy, just in case he didn't know he had this power. "Nicolas, please tell me why you are here. It is important that you do so soon."

8. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Nicolas felt compelled to humour the man. "I am searching for answers to questions of great importance to me."

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Well I may be of some help then. What are these questions?"

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"I have a question of great importance, Derek-friend. What new tasty tastes do you have for me and new Nicolas-friend to eat?" Rainette opened his wide mouth and licked his eyeballs with his tongue, something that had never failed to produce a laugh, and a treat, from Derek-friend.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Well Rainette," Derek said smiling," we've got wild mushrooms, coated in a nice dew, and the bark of maple trees boiled with the petals of roses. Pick one of the two for now, and I'll give you the rest later. As for the boy, I'll give him something you won't like, uh.. how about some salad, Nicolas? I didn't know you would be here, so I wasn't prepared, but I brought this for me to est, but I can just as easily whip something else up for me." Derek handed the treats to Rainette, and then offered the salad to Nicolas.

12. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Mmmn, maple bark boiled with rose petals." Rainette took them and popped them in his mouth, savoring the exotic flavor. "Thank you, Derek-friend, you always know how to make things taste so much better than they taste all by themselves. Maybe someday I will learn this too." He put a dab of his finger tip mucus on his back, then stuck the wild mushrooms on his back to save for later, since he wasn't wearing his harness with the pouch, but going all natural.

13. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"Thank you, sir, but I cannot accept your kind offer. I have had my fill of wild parsnips early today. If this forest is as vast as I fear, we will need to ration our food."

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Suit yourself, young boy. Now do tell me your questions and your quest. Oh yes, and you can call me Derek."

15. Scot

"Oooh! A quest! Yes, Nicolas-friend, do tell. Uncle Krapo always had good stories of his quests. I would like to go on one too someday. They sound like lots of fun." Rainette sat down on all fours to listen.

16. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Nicolas thought it best to divulge some of his past to the pair. They were peculiar, but nevertheless seemed trustworthy. He figured that having them as traveling companions would most likely prove quite useful.

“Very well. I know little of my past, only that I was separated from my parents at a very young age. I remember violence... and blood. I wandered for weeks in search of them, any clue to their whereabouts. Everyday was a struggle to survive. When winter came, my journey grew more difficult, still. I remember collapsing into a large spruce tree and blacking out. I woke up in a strange house. It was warm. Little did I know I had been in a coma for months. Eventually, I was told I had been found, comatose, by a logger in the woods and brought back to his village. A family took pity on me and grew to care for me as their own despite my being in a coma. They had lost their only son only two winters prior to my being found. After waking from my coma, I led a happy life in the village—that is, until one dark night I awoke to fire and smoke. Everything was gone; everyone was dead. Then I ran. I ran and ran until I forgot almost everything: the name of the village, the names of my family members and friends, my own name. I wanted to forget. One day, I came across and old man by the name of Nicolas Hydre. He was a wonderful man. We grew close. I told him everything I could remember of my past and he taught me everything I know: how to hunt, how to defend myself, how to find light in a world of darkness. He told me to search for answers, to find out about my parents, what happened to the village, and who I am. I was reluctant to do so. Nicolas and I just scraped by day to day, but I was more content than I had been for a long time. I was scared to face my past and look for answers, but Nicolas kept trying to help me. One cold night, Nicolas died. He was a strong man, but it was bitter cold that night and he was very old. I mourned and, in my mourning, I realized Nicolas had given me the strength and wisdom to seek out the answers to the questions that plagued me each night and that I must heed his will and do so. No longer could I live in darkness, live with my back turned to the past, I had to search for the light of truth. Taking Nicolas' name, I journeyed to the West where I believed my parents were from. I have journeyed far and have found precious little, but I will not give up hope. I cannot tell you why I have come to this forest, but if my informant is correct, I will find something that will help me in my quest for truth, here.”

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

" I heard a story like this on the wind; there was something about the Chosen One, and how his village was destroyed by a demon. I studied this and found out who the demon was. His name is Jiuty'fasfutionweszc Yuer." he said, then after examining the look of confusion on the two's faces, he said," But most people refer to him as Yuer."

18. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Nicolas laughed at the name Derek had said. "Are you sure that's my village, mister?"

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Well, that's the only thing I've heard. Rainette, have you heard anything?"

20. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"Yes, I am also interested in what you've heard Rainette."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.