1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Oh, thank you." Ssmalass picked up the bird and swallowed it.

"That is very good. I am called Ssmalass. I would love to swim with you. I can go on the land too. Climb trees. I don't know anyone because the other nagas want to kill me because I am an abomination."

Ssmalass uncoiled and picked up the sword from the river bottom and swam a little out into the river.

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Your welcome, Ssmalass. I am Rainette. I've heard of nagas, but I've never seen one before. The others are a little ahead of us, let's catch up to them." He swam off towards the rest of the group.

3. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Garron didn't know what to do, swimming towards him were: a child, a half-man , a frog thing and to snake things but one had arms. They didn't look threatening but he still kept his arrow nocked. For a sudden he sensed something but it was gone in a flash. Garron turned his balding head and looked around, the only things moving were the groupe up ahead.

Timidly garron yelled out " Ahoy! Do ya need a lift? I mean for the child and the midget, you reptiles can swim better then them."

[ July 31, 2005, 21:23: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Derek was very good at swimming, after going in this river for years. He decided to talk to the man before letting Nicolas out of his direct protection. "Hello, sir. I haven't seen you in this forest before. I am a Druid of this forest and I know everyone, and everything in this forest, and I've never seen you before, as I said. Who are you, are you from the village? Maybe you can help us on our quest."

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"I've seen this two-legger before, Derek-friend." Rainette told Derek. "Sometimes he invades my hunting territory to hunt. But he usually hunts the prey that are too big for me, so I have never fought with him about it, plus, he is a lot bigger than I am."

6. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Just then Nicolas sensed another presence. He looked around... there was Derek... followed closely by Rainette and the naga... and there on the shore was the man that had just called out to them...
    This did not make sense... he sensed another, familiar presence, very close by...

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Ok then, Rainette," he said looking curiously at Nicolas who was glancing around nervously, "Nicolas, do you sense it too?" Derek had sensed the magic in the air. Invisibility, perhaps.

8. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"Yes... I do. I took no notice at first thinking it was an animal... no offecne to Rainette or Ssmalass...
    then it got stronger and stronger... I believe it's close by"

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Just be careful..."

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SSmalass flicks out his odd tongue. "I have tassted that before. It isss odd. Different from the other foressst tasstess."

He raises the top third of his body and looks around but doesn't see anything.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

" Trees of the wood, Tell me, Is there anyone we should be worrying about?" Derek said in a trance-like way.

12. Scot

Rainette swam to the riverbank and hopped up into a tree. He looked and smelled, but didn't sense anything. Except for silence. All the birds were gone and the ground creatures had hidden deep in their holes. A shiver shot down his spine. He jumped down straight into the river and came up next to the boat.

"It is the Silent Death!" He told the others. "It goes through the forest and kills. Not to hunt, not to eat, just to kill. We will all die!"

He dove down to the bottom of the river and looked for a hole or rock to hide in.

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Show yourself!" yelled Derek, lifting up his hands slowly. The earth started to shake, making the birds fly out of the trees, and the water slosh around violently.

He then cast an improved version of Entangle to where he had sensed the magic.

14. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Nicolas now knew this presense was one that he had met before. For some reason it wasn't moving. It was like it was watching Nicolas.

"Uh...um...we should continue on"

Nicolas swam with great agility through the water.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Not until we find this, Silent Death.."

16. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"I beg you do not test my instincs, we should continue on, we do not want any trouble"

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Noticing the worry and pain in the young boy's voice, he reluctantly swam along with the rest, calling Rainette and Ssmalass.

18. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Just then Nicolas felt something unseen enter the water. "Everyone get out of the water, QUICK!"

19. Nakia

Media:
    Ssmalass was uncertain what to do. He could move on land but the forest was thick and he could move more easily in the water. He moved near the shore and swung his body around flicking his tongue in and out.

20. Scot

Against his better judgement, Rainette left the nice hole he had found, spurted to the surface, and hopped into a tree. He was reminded how much better it was to be the predator as opposed to the prey. He was surely gaining some sympathy with his dinner, but he wasn't going to start eating just roots any time soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.