1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you're going to be using my name at least spell it right. It's Taluntain, not Taluntian. :rolleyes:

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

TA stands for The Abominable IIRC.
    Nice, but why is Baldak dead. Shouldn't the mod that dissapeared (Darian) be the dead one?

["The Abominable" is right - BTA]

[ June 30, 2003, 22:08: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

But as he died he got godhood so that doesn't really matter. Tal was nice to him when he died. :thumb:

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Why not say the disappeared mod was the first one given god status but died somehow during the great war?

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Apologies good people of SP, and evil too, but it may take longer than I thought to get the maps up. I was unable to do it at school today and my friends scanner doesn't work and neither does Frostys' (I may want to rephrase that, it might sound like Frosty isn't my friend, lol)

And I can't find a scanner for the life of me!

6. Register Gems: 29/31

Darn. That stinks. Oh well, hope it gets up soon. And why couldn't you use the scanner in school? Did the teachers see you? :p

[ July 01, 2003, 00:30: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Thats fine,
    But you couldn't just tell us the names of some of the major places could you? Like the capital city and the islands names?
    Or haven't they been named yet?

8. Register Gems: 29/31

And the ice-island. I need it for my biography.

Also, about the dietys. It's not only Baldak Oakfist who is dead. Extremist did this as well. You don't have to dissapear from here to be dead there. That is at least IMHO.

But if you REALLY want I can change them.

[ July 01, 2003, 10:48: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

9. Rotku

Na, don't changed them, apart from that idea i suggested before. :thumb:
    None of them died before the great war did they?

10. Register Gems: 29/31

@RotKU - No, Extremist and Baldak was both killed at the same battlefield in the main city in the great war. Read it again to understand more.

Darien Norella - Darien was a long time ago the only god, god of all the people in the world. He was the one that guided the prophet Taluntain to the islands of Sorcerer's Place and helped him building up a country there. He knew that his time was almost over, as he new that when he saw Taluntain grow stronger and stronger. But unlike many would have thought, he helped Taluntain until his last days, then he arose Taluntain as a diety, the overgod, and later dropped dead. Many people still celebrates his death but in a ritual way. He was a popular god and people loved him but a renewal was destined to happen. Still, people think that he will arise to god, again.
    Aligment: (True) Neutral
    Domains: All
    Symbol: A golden circlet

11. Rotku

Ooo, have to make a few changes then to the histroy wont we now. (Note the use of we is the royal we ;) )

12. Register Gems: 29/31

Ok. Hope that I don't do too much changes by posting a god( :D ) so late.

I have also edited BTA's history.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Gah! I'm been attacked by millions of private messages! ;)
    I don't think that Darian should have such a role. Personaly I'm thinking of a someone that rose to godhood for a short time by doing some great thing before getting utterly obliterated somehow.
    And I can't see why Baldak would be dead, I saw him yesterday! I can see your reasoning with Ex, as he hasn't been around for ages, and I can see your reasoning with Darien. We only really need two gods to die/disappear/whatever.

14. Rotku

Na, not to much I needed to change, just another line or so here and there. Good work with the gods though :thumb:

15. Register Gems: 29/31

@Aik - But they only died on the earth, not as gods. Now they are gods. Have RotKU pm-ed you the new history? If so, you can see how it makes sence.

16. Rotku

Yeah, I think I have. I'm also been bombarded with PMs, actully thats the exact wording I said to a friend of mine just a few minutes ago; at the same time tring to get homework done, posting on other things, and working on the history. I've lost track of people I've PMed

17. Register Gems: 29/31

@RotKU - You have PM-ed me, that's for sure. :)

18. Rotku

You could probably pick any random person on this board and the chances are that I have PMed them. Na, jokes. Yeah I have PMed Aik the history.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, I've gotten the updated history. Some more details are going to have to be worked out for it, such as The Great Crash, maybe some villians (IaaA?, Istari of Thay), the disappearence of Extremist, and whatever else you can think of.

20. Rotku

I wonder what the Moderators think of been made into gods? I bet they're sitting there talking about which one of them is a better god ;) No offence of course :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.