1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hey can someone send me the map?

@RotKu- Check the thread on CS and see if your ok with what i said.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The map still has to be finalized, but once it's finished it'll be published on the web site Aik is working on. Which you are working on arn't you Aik?

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorta, my skills in such things are about equal to a drunk radioactive lycanthropic delusional schitzophrenic lobster with bad breath and a migraine.

4. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If you want just the map up I might can convince my brother to give me a page off his website just to display it, temporarily of course, I could snaz things up a bit tooo if you wanted.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We might be able to use part of our site - the forums for The Kingdom of SP.

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hehe. Give me a day or too to reconfigure them to suit your needs. I have them linked up through our site.

I'll rename a few topics. I can password protect them to stop other people from reading them.

I'll provide a link if anyone wants to use my cheapo forums.

@8people: Heh. I decided that I hate the layout of the current forums. so I'm scouting for a new look. Probably won't be for some time. But if the forums ever go down, then you know thats why.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Sorry about my earlier stupidity, and the trouble people got in because of it: that plaque was well deserved methinks :doh
    I thought that the actaul rp place had been created, but it obviously hasn't.
    Does anyone think I could have a look at this map, I am intrigued by this idea.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] as the previous page said - the map still needs to be finished, when it is complete I'll put it up somewhere and put the link here.

9. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm all for the idea of lycnathropy wiping out tons of people but that also led me to another idea. See because tons of people were being infected and subsequently killed, a band of elves (starting with Silverwolf) learned how to protect themselves by learning to change into wolves themselves -- and so they lythari are born. I think that they might need a forest/grove to themselves though because people might still be a little afraid of them thinking that they are actually werewolves. How about a cherry tree grove? So thoughts anyone? Good idea, lousy one, anyone want to join?

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm. Just a thought (reminded from the thread in CS)

Do we bring items with us? If we do should there be a max as to how many items we can take? And should we take into account their size if we are allowed to take things?

It's easy saying - max 12 items, but someone may struggle along with 12 sets of full plate mail while one my carry 4 lockpicks, 6 rings, and two bottles of water.

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

How about just saying max 12 items (or how ever many) with a sensible weight. So some gaint maybe able to carry 12 sets of plate mail where a halfling wouldn't.
    Should we even have a max amount of items?

Silverwolf, your idea, IMO, is fine as long as you know that the only way to get other members of your pack is to actually get other SPers to join. And we might not lycnathropy idea at all. I think that has still to be decided.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Following a conversation with Lokken in the chatroom I'm starting to think that a very loose DM system may be a good idea. Just someone who is there to sort out the roleplaying messes that usually come up when dealing with free form. What do we all think?

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Maybe there should be a counsil or something that decides. That would probably work as long as nobody is biased :p

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

A council wouldn't work to sort out problems, too slow. If roleplay takes a long time then people lose interest.

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Well - what if the first person on the council there deals with it or something?

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Maybe a few people who have some amount of experience in freeform RP or DMing (though the freeform RP one would be the most important) could go around setting up plots and whatnot for the other players to stumble upon, as well as sort out the messes. On important things that could change the Kingdom drastically they have to have a vote, as well as consult the mods/amins/important people.
    Of course, almost anyone can do the setting up of plots, but not all players seem to be good at this and tend to get a bit carried away with their own character, making it über.
    Maybe the players could have to request the DM's help in a thread for them to have any power there.
    Hmm, I think I'm ranting.

17. Rotku

Yeah, I agree, we need some sort of DMs to keep every thing working right. And I would say you, Aik, should be the DM. But I guess that was kinda obvious. How many DMs will we have? And how much control will they have?

Nearly finished the history. Should be able to email it to Aik 8people and Velve to check by the end of this week. Sorry it's taken so long, I got a flu for a week or so and then I went on holiday so I've not really had much time.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I suggest Lokken as a DM as well, as he has experience in both D&D style DMing and freeform.

And does anyone have any idea about how to set up a website? :D

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I could be the DM and just control my character very little or none and with no advantages. I don't have very much experience but I know a lot in the theory. But if not, I'll keep killing enemies with my Snow-Elf PC instead.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] www.dot.tk - you can get free domains there. but you'll have to make the site on something like geocities.

I can help with websites, I am quite good with HTML.

I don't know if there'll be any free forums or anything that are any good - ProBoards.com? I don't know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.