1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Could there be quests in the Kingdom, or people that employ you for services, bodygaurds, maids :p , entertainment, whatever.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I guess the DMs would give out quests to people. But then ordainary people can of course employ others to do quests for them.

We arn't having any NPCs are we?

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I'd prefer to an assistant DM if possible. My dedication(or lack thereof) to this project, I must honestly say, would not make me a worthy DM.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *pictures Lokkens assistant shuffling along "You rang m'lord?"*

hehe :lol:

IMO I think there should be something like NPCs, we need a population. Shopkeepers and such. A barkeeper who tells rumours when he's drunk, whatever!

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

We must have NPC's. It just would make it so much better. And now we have three great DMs to control them :p

I've finished the history and sent it to Aik, Velve and 8people. Once they have checked and approved it I will post it here.

Well done 8people on your new gem. 3000 posts :eek:

[ July 26, 2003, 10:25: Message edited by: RotKU ]

6. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] lol, yeah, I noticed new gem, not number, hmm.

Anyway - I think the history is brilliant. there are a couple of typos I noticed, but nothing major. Sprit instead of spirit. and I think one word was meant to be another. Minor little things probably only I would notice :roll: but it's a good history :thumb: and I don't see why the others wouldn't like it.

7. Rotku

Now we just need to wait 'till Aik gets the web site thing up. We have the maps, we have the history, we have a detailed thing about the gods. It might be a good idea to expand on that list you wrote in the CS topic about the races. Just so people can have more details about the Kingdom I guess.

And is there anything else I need to add or take away from the history. O, and what do you think of the beggining bit and then end? Should I keep it like that or just write it as a normal history text.

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm, dunno, :hmm: , I like it as it is :)

perhaps add something about things discovered there. would there be ruins? Strange creatures? (apart from members of SP of course :p )

"Today we found a strange creature... it wore a brown robe and walked along on two legs and a stick, it had a mane of white hair which avoided the top of it's head and sat with a strange green creature which it drank with... we call this creature... Nobleman"

well... let's not include SP members in strange findings :shake: :lol:

9. Rotku

LOL
    That wouldn't be history though would it?
    By the way, where has Nobleman gone? He seems to have disappeared.

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] when things are found it's usually in history books, I don't know.

Hmm, true Noble hasn't been around for a while :hmm: I was of course referring to the avatar, btw.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't tyhink that sort of thing is history book material. At least, not for that history book. There will probably be other history items that will end up getting written about at some point in time. If you ever feel particuly bored then feel free to add to the history or write up the profile for one of the Ops or whatever.

BTW, 8people, come to the chatroom.

12. Rotku

Like I said before, we need a list of different creatures/races in the kingdom, which I am not going to write.

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] *raises hand* I'll do it.
    How many races (roughly) to include and how many creatures. I'd hate to go overboard, because knowing me I most definitly might.

14. Rotku

Go ahead and go over board then. Have the major races such as elves, dwalves, halflings, gnomes etc. Maybe include some others if you want. Don't worry about falling over board, we'll save you if you start to drown. You should be wearing a life jacket any way :nono:

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't realise there were life jackets required in the Kingdom :eek:

Anyway - I'll get to work, probably on notepad or soemthing like that. then mail it to RotKU, Aiky and Velve.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Go overboard, then we can just chop up everything that is ridiculous, useless or unwanted later.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Who you calling rediculous :p

If I could see the map I'd be able to tell what sort of things live there.

And how many races? Shall I just include ones that people have used? I'll include the basic D&D races, and Tiefling/Aasimar/Drow and stuff, but any unusual ones apart from those already used?

18. Rotku

What ever you want 8people. You're writing it, it's your choice.

I should be able to get my copy of the map finishd today or tomorrow. I'm going to include a brief description about the major places as well as the map. How big should the islands be? I mean, do we want them huge (as in the size of GB) or small (as in the size of Niue)?

[ July 28, 2003, 03:25: Message edited by: RotKU ]

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

hey 8people, please put the avariel in, most people forget about them.

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Also, don't forget the Snow Elf. Gotta love the Snowies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.