1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] we could evolve animals to survive there :evil:

Perhaps Islands could be named after things on SP. lol, I can se it now - The great Isle of Whatnots :lol:

I dunno, perhaps Cities could be named after Moderators and members of the weeks while places to avoid are named after the great Sorcerean idiots. Or not - to avoid giving them any mention and let their posts rot in the nine hells (or the volcano)

Perhaps favourite topics could be the names of the caverns and landmarks.

Perhaps the islands could be named after explorers and what they say, colanizing the Island Taluntia and the icey island of Godit'scoldhere. The collapsed caverns of itlooksunstable and dareyoutokickit, and the ever expanding forests of damnimlost and wewalkincircles. But then again. Perhaps we are actually sane ;)

Velve - I'm not sure, but I suppose it's sorta my signature smile :) and rogue stones are only good for HLEs and selling for money ;)

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Sounds great :thumb:
    When would u have it finished by 8people?
    The Great Isle of Whatnot! :lol:

Could I just ask one question, how are we going to decide our positions in the Kingdom. I mean like who would be some head preist of a church, or the great druid of a druid grove?

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Whoever wants the position first gets it, if no one wants it it doesn't exist. If someone else wants it when someone else has it then it will have to be sorted out between the two characters.
    The name Sorcerer's Place will have to make an appearence, maybe in an ancient tower where the great Taluntain once lived, but decided that ruling over a bunch of morons like us was no longer fun so left :roll:

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

So I could say that I wont to be the leader of, umm, just say an order of Palidins (not really but just using as an example) and I would be, unless someone else wants to be?

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

If you start up the order, and someone else wants the job of leader, then he shall have to challenge your character in some way.
    Lets say for example that I challenged you for the leadership of the paladin guild. I might challenge you to a duel, or the rest of the guild could vote, or whatever is decided upon.

6. Rotku

Oh I see now. Anyway about the government and laws and everything. I had a good idea. Why couldn't each island have their own set of laws? each with a different form of government?

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Are people going to choose which Island they live on? The map is almost finished now :)

8. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I can see maybe a statue of the member of the week, but not a city. I see a big building - The Hall of Heroes. (or something like that.) It has statues of all the MotW inside.

It goes without saying that there would be an unnecessarily large golden effigy of Tal in the centre of the island.

Heh, heh. I also see the Idiot of the Week in the stocks. Free tomatoes for all!

9. Rotku

Yeah, I don't see why they can't chose, as long as everyone doesn't live on one island. It should be spread out to a reasonable extent.

Looking foward to seeing the maps :thumb:

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Spreading out too much would kill the RP. You'd have no one to interact with.
    Anyone have any ideas for a good free forum/website host?

11. Rotku

Ah but then having it to crowded would also kill the RP of it, IMO. I guess it would make the city more like a city.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

One thing, you mentioned duels and so forth to settle power disputes - how are these things to be handled - "DM" fiat?

Another thing, if we can't create NPCs it seems like half of us are going to have to be serfs and post things like "Got up at dawn, worked the fields, went to bed at sunset"

13. Rotku

Yeah in a sence, but as someone mentioned above is that we could just use all the SPers who havn't posted for a year or so for those jobs. Can't we?

[ June 21, 2003, 00:38: Message edited by: RotKU ]

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Seeming as the land is still fairly new, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Perhaps something like, for everyone who joins the island 3 extra NPCs (or whatever you'd cal lthem) would be added to sort of balance it out.

Perhaps some could give quests of whatever.

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hey, is there room for Lord d'Malkin here, I just got evicted from my land by a kobold with a sharp spoon.

How about instead of working as serfs, wait for it........MONKEY BUTLERS!!!!

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Why limit your character to been only a serf. If thats the job you choose for your character then I'm sure he gets to do some really cool stuff. Serfs can be just as interesting as the great warlord guy. For example: Your average serf is off to work the fields. While plowing up the field to plant some crops his hoe hits a chest full of gold. From here there are a thouasand possibilities. The king might find out and demand the treasure, someone might rob him, the gold may belong to an evil lunatic. You are limited only by your imagination.
    And as for combat, hopefuly that can be handled by decent and realistic RP. Failing that I guess someone will have to sort it out.
    And I'm against NPC's of any sort, as it takes away from the original point of the project. Though maybe a certain amount of alters will be allowed after it has been running for a little while.

17. Rotku

I would say we need NPCs just to make it more relestic. Maybe just as servents or what ever. But I would say they are needed.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If every serf started finding treasure, running off on adventures, etc. instead of growing food, then it wouldn't be very realistic, and the economy would collapse and everyone would starve.

How about this - As it's a fantasy kingdom, wizards can use magic to do the work of thousands of men and provide for everyone's basic needs. However, magically produced food, clothes, whatever have a vaugely unpleasant aura of unnaturalness around them, so people tend to buy the real thing when they get the chance. This means loads of people don't have to be farmers and woodcutters if they don't want to, but you can still make a living as one if you choose.

19. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Commander Battle Mage.
    Veteran at slaying forces of darkness.
    Cool, charisma, cheerful.
    Sings the Woodpecker song.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Alright, Ironbeards idea rules. We just need to grab a wizard and volia, problem instantly solved.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.