1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *raises hand* ooo! Can I be one! Even if it's an iddy biddy one!

2. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Well, I want to be the dark wizard/assassin who is the best assassin in the realm. I can live in a condo since wizard/assassins never have towers, sadly enough. And I get a +9 Vorpal Thirsting (5d6 life steal) Dagger of soul stealing, a sentient artifact that drinks your blood. YAY!

3. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would love to be a part of this. Maybe I could be some fairy that just gives out quests to people who find my secret faerie grove. Or maybe I could set up a thieves guild, Robin Hood-style. Oh, the possibilities are endless. But if you need any ideas, don't hesitate to PM me. I'd love to help.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And one thing, can we not start off with über characters? They can get really annoying in free form.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sure. I think that would be the best bet.

Are there going to be set class or will it be Study As Dare?

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Maybe one of the most stupid questions ever asked but what are über characters?

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

über translates from German as 'over'. Anything that is refered to as über is overly power.
    No set class, make it up as you go along. There shall be soon a place in CS where you can post your characters.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ah, I see, so we shouldn't start off with to powerful characters?
    That makes sence.
    Having a place to post your characters would mean I have to make up a character. Well how long untill this place in CS goes up?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

10. Rotku

YAY! Hehehe, I'm the first semi-developed character in the Kingdom which will be the Kingdon of SP once 8people gets the maps done.

How are they coming along?

Oh I was wondering if I should put together a basic history of the Kingdom of SP?
    It will help people develop their characters and may help 9people with the maps.
    It will go basicly like this.

Year 1-11 : The great Tal, the founder of the Kingdom of SP sailled across the seas with many followers. Tal and his people quickly established a basic fortification to protect them from the native monsters. After a few years the City of (what ever the capital will be called) was well established with a booming poplutation.

12 : The founding of the first of many different religons of SP started. The others followed shortly untill there was many different religons all with their own seperate belives and traditons.

12 - 17 : War of The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place. This consisted of the many different churches all fighting for control over the Kindom. This ended with a group of people seazing control over the main palace and in short ending the war and so formed the current demorcatic law system.

21 : The first explorers set forth to explore (name of the capital island) neighbouring islands.

By 33: Small settlements have been formed on some of the friendlyer nieghbouring islands.

38: Frist of a few explorers set out to descover what remained of the place where Tal and his followers originated from. None of them ever returned, although there is a few rumors that some of them found a great land of peace across the seas.

39 - 45: The Kingdom enters an age of peace and descovery (in other words nothing much worth me talking about happens here). In this time the underground tunnels between the islands where desovered (assuming we are going to have these).

45: Time of nothing-happening ends with when (some army from one of the churches) decides the people of the Kingdom have had enough from the monsters (monsters still inhabbit some of the more remote islands) and set out to destroy them.

End of 46: The armies return with little success.

The year 49 The current year.

What does everyone think of this. If you want me to continue with this I will ofcourse go into a lot more detail. Any complaints/suggestions/compliments? (would like a lot of suggestions please).

[ June 26, 2003, 11:03: Message edited by: RotKU ]

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

If modified it could be used, but it should be more based on the real history of SP.
    I propose maybe a trade war with another accross the seas nation in the early years as the SP vs Ironworks thing that ended up with both vowing eternal hatred against each other and all.
    And also for The Great Crash, maybe some idiotic adventurer found a magical item of mass destruction and Tal was forced to turn back time to save Sorcerer's Place from destruction.
    Also maybe the age of spam and flame could be put in as an apocalyptic war in which Tal had to finaly intervene to save Sorcerer's Place from itself.
    And I can't think of much more at the moment, maybe some more here later.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Maps just about done. Still not as good as could be. Who's 9people? Scan map at school or friends, will e-mail it to someone. Need volunteer. Excuse shortness.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

14. Rotku

Would you mind emailing it to me as well at ruler_of_the_universe@hotmail.com
    :thumb:

I've edited the history slightly as Aikanaro suggested.

Year 1-11 : The great Tal, the founder of the Kingdom of SP sailled across the seas with many followers. Tal and his people quickly established a basic fortification to protect them from the native monsters. After a few years the City of (what ever the capital will be called) was well established with a booming poplutation. Rumors say that Tal and his followers were the only suvivers of the massive war against Ironworks (sorry, but what is this?). Although Tal ever amitited (sp?) this the wars is rummored to have ended in Tal and his 50 or so followers sailing away with the armies of Ironwork at their heels swearing eternal hatred to one another.

12 : The founding of the first of many different religons of SP started. The others followed shortly untill there was many different religons all with their own seperate belives and traditons.

12 - 17 : War of The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place also known as the War of Spam and Flame. This consisted of the many different churches all fighting for control over the Kindom. This ended with the allmighty Tal intervening and apointing a group of people to control main island and in short ending the war and so formed the current demorcatic law system.

21 : The first explorers set forth to explore (name of the capital island) neighbouring islands.

By 33: Small settlements have been formed on some of the friendlyer nieghbouring islands.

38: Frist of a few explorers set out to descover what remained of the place where Tal and his followers originated from. None of them ever returned, although there is a few rumors that some of them found a great land of peace across the seas.

39 - 45: The Kingdom enters an age of peace and descovery (in other words nothing much worth me talking about happens here). In this time the underground tunnels between the islands where desovered (assuming we are going to have these).

45: Time of nothing-happening ends with when (some army from one of the churches) decides the people of the Kingdom have had enough from the monsters (monsters still inhabbit some of the more remote islands) and set out to destroy them.

End of 46: The armies return with little success.

The year 49: The current year

I have set it as it has just been descovered like i think we agreed on before. Once I get a copy of the maps I should be able to add a lot more in much more detail.
    And is there anyone who would want to do something about the deities? Are we going to use the administartors as the gods?

[ June 27, 2003, 11:08: Message edited by: RotKU ]

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Why can't you upload it to the web? Then, the ones who want can get it...

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm. I could put it up on the Sorcerers Place Piccys, I'f I'm allowed :hmm:

There is only an overall map, I'll do individual Island maps if need be.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sure, put it up in the photo album. Isn't that what you meant?

19. Rotku

How can we accsses this photo album?
    Although it might be a good idea to email it to a few people first, just to check it over and made suggest a few adjustments.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] You'll have to wait until Monday though, because I can then scan it in at school, or at my friends' house afterwards.

I'll probably mail it to Aiky and RotKU first, because Aiky started this and RotKU is doing the history. Then onto a photo album - check the topic in SS "Sorcerers Place Photos"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.