1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sexy Beast Ben Kingsley is truly something fierce in this, a must see for all those who like crime movies.

The Fountain Touching and beautiful images. A little over the top with the mystic hoo-ha, but definitely worth watch for sappy romantic souls (like me right now).

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sexy Beast is awesome "Oh.. I'm sweating." ;)

Watched Batman Forever yesterday. Really, really poor, it was just like the seventies TV show - at one point Robin even says "Holy rusty metal, Batman!".

Luckily, Big Trouble In Little China was on later. I don't really like a lot of John Carpenter's stuff, but I like this one :D . It was the first time I'd watched it unedited so I was surprised at how much swearing there was.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think they added the "holy rusty metal" as a throwback to the '70s Batman. Kinda..... honouring where it started.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Zohan. Wasn't terrible, but not memorable either.

5. Takara

Media:
    The Mexican. I thoroughly enjoy this movie. It's great acting, story, heh and funny at times.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Fight Club. Man what a strange movie...

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Heaven with gorgeous Cate Blanchett directed by Tom Tykwer and the screenplay by Krystof Kieslowski.

Mystic River by Clint Eastwood

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The wife and I watched See No Evil, Hear No Evil while at a party the other day. Pretty funny, if I do say so myself. :shake: :rolling:

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The Interpreter by Sydney Pollack
    Le Locataire by Roman Polanksi but the crummy version was dubbed either in english, spanish, italian or german(IIRC). No original french version available on that disc as far as I could tell. Some of the voiceovers were pretty stupid not the mention of french people talking perfect english in the middle of Paris.

10. Takara

Media:
    No Escape. Ray Liotta in a prison break from a high security.... unconventional... prison. Is quite enjoyable, low budget, I think. I do like it.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    Hellboy 2. It was funny, had action, interesting characters, locations, themes, everything.
    Everyone in the audience applauded.

And Seth MacFarlane as a German ectoplasmic guy? Perfect!

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Gorky Park since the screenplay was written by the late Dennis Potter, then I noticed whilst watching that it was filmed in Helsinki. Funny.

Blades Of Glory Now this was not nearly as funny as Napoleon Dynamite, but Jon Heder was still amusing enough. Good comedy though, although the whole thing around a little too few funny ideas...

13. Takara

Media:
    Both of the Bridget Jones movies. I really liked them. Hugh Grant's chr is brilliant. ;)

14. Gnarfflinger

4 movies today:

Epic Movie: Stupid but funny.
    Under Siege: Die Hard on a Boat, what's not to love?
    Meet the Parents: And I thought impressing the girl was the hard part...
    Larry the Cable Guy, Health Inspector: "I could do this all day..."

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Dark Knight. In some way I didn't want to watch it knowing that Heath Ledger won't be doing anymore movies. It was a good movie though and Heath really made the role of the Joker into something more dark and real than any of the previous Joker characters.

16. Gnarfflinger

Ocean's Twelve. I liked it. Must see Ocean's Thirteen...

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hellboy II: The Golden Army ...I think it was all just...*meh*

18. Takara

Media:
    I saw Love Actually, with a lot of stars, like Bill Nighy, but sadly it was kinda boring. Not really romantic either, just dull.
    At least I also watched Serendipity with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale which was enjoyable.

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    Memento. Maybe overrated.
    Oldboy. Very disturbing, but unique film. Some must see scenes.
    Trust me. Don't continue unless you've seen Oldboy
    Particularly the octopus eating (which was real BTW), teeth removal and the final scene where Oh Dae-su cuts off his tongue were kinda eww.
    And the whole incest/vengeance thing was just terrible! What kind of monster wrote this?

EDIT: -some of hours later-
    Tropic Thunder. Could have been a bit more polished. Didn't like Stiller.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hehhehehheh, told you Oldboy was one of the most disturbing movies made in a long time. And if I didn't, I did now :p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.