1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Murder Game

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, May 18, 2003.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Mr. Burlet, you say some papers have gone missing from your study?" I ask, " Can you tell me how much is missing, what the papers pertain to and where they were kept? What times were you in your study, do you keep it locked when you are not present, and do you know of anyone else who could have been in there? Finally, could the papers have gone missing before the vase? - Oh, I almost forgot - what makes you think the stable boy left the house via the kitchens as opposed to the front door?"

[ May 20, 2003, 22:33: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

2. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Obviously: Was the body cold when we came across it? How long had the victim been dead?

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] Ok... thats a lot of information.
    ummm, I would now, if possible, like to take a look out the front door; in the drawwing room; in the library and in the main hall way.

I'm guessing that we are on the bottem floor by the fact that the front door is there. Bugger, i'd always thought we were on the third, oh well.

If Rose was on the third floor that would mean the stair way goes right up to the top floor in the same place if u know what i mean. Let me rephrase it, can i stand at the bottem floor and look right the way to the top?

I would like to look up the stairs right up to the top floor, if you would be so kind.

I would also like to look around the house for the missing flours and if i could do a finger print examination thing on the books on the table in the library. If my surspisions are right then the horse book should have been last used by the stable boy, the antique directory last used by the murdured maid, as well as the book on flours.
    But the last book, Mr Bs book, I have no idea.

There fore I would like to ask Mr B if he or anyone else had taken the book anywhere or ripped out a page, that he knew of?

Was the house very secure? would it be easy to break in? and last of all what was the weather like out side at the time of the murdur?

Sorry about all the questions 8people.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] LOOK CAN YOU ALL STOP POSTING IMMEDIATLY.
    For Gods sake people. I can only answer so much at certain times. I don't need two or three people posting. ONE is quite enough. If the questions asked leads to something you can then explore it further - NONE of you are actually exploring anything carefully enough! And Ironbeard - stop confusing me! You aren't talking to Mr. B all the time, post normally!

The victim hadn't been dead long. You were called in right after it was discovered - when Mr B heard her being killed.

And that question was actually answered before. I want this to actualyl work - not become an excuse to raise post counts and confuse me.

That's all I'm answering until you straighten up. Because you are going everywhere at once and I can't keep up.

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Sorry, I like following up one line of enquiry until it gets cold...and at the moment, that involves questioning Mr. B - also the papers have piqued my interest and Mr B. is the obvious one to ask.

I ask him for more information about the missing papers (such as what they are about etc.)

I also ask him to show me the drawer, filing cabinet, whatever, where they are kept.

I ask when he was out of the study and if he knows of anyone else who could have been in there.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The missing papers are for a certain client, a particularly paranoid, Mr. Widders. A few of the letters were in a code while a couple more where his replies he was writing back to him.

The Papers were on his desk. The desk has three drawers - all of which are locked, a lamp, an inkwell, his pens, a batch of paper, and several letters, some in code, others not, most are to do with business.

Mr. B would have been in the dining room when the papers had gone missing. Along with all his guests and the butler, the cook was in the kitchen and the maids would have been eating in the kitchen as well. However Mr. B says that miss Purden left the table briefly

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I ask him what the nature of his business with Mr. Widders is and who else knows of it.

I also ask if the book which was found in the library went missing at the same time as the vase and papers.

[ May 22, 2003, 03:53: Message edited by: Ironbeard ]

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Nobody noticed the books were missing until after the murder.

Mr Widders is a client of Mr B. Mr B works for a paper company. The only people who would know of his business are The Crims and Miss Purden.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I would now like to search Miss Purden room, if that is okay with every one.

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] In Miss Purdens room is her bed, a wardrobe, a dressing table and chair, two bedside tables and a few ornaments dotted around. You can see some of Miss Purdens things on the dressing Table and a couple of things on top of the wardrobe.

11. Rotku

I would now like to search her room in greater detail for items that might have anything to do with the murder such as: missing flours from the library; the pages ripped out of the book in the library; and any trace of alcohol.

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] On the dressing table there is a sunset pink rose, But it isn't neccessarily from the library.

there is a small bottle of gin in the bedside table

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'm sorry for not sticking to the current line of questioning, but I would like to know a bit more about Mr. Widders, for I think he is an important person in this murder.

I will share my current theory with you.
    First I thought somebody murdered the maid in an angry rage, for she had broken the vase. Now, however, I think the maid saw someone stealing the papers that Mr. B was working on (the papers about Mr. Widders) and the thief hit the maid on the head with something, to leave no witnesses.

I can't remember and I can't find if this was asked before, but do we know what the murder weapon is?

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The maid was killed by being hit over the head, we do not know what with.

Mr Widders is a paranoid business man, very rich and trusts very few people, Mr B is one of the few people and so there is often letters going between the two discussing business mostly in a code Mr Widders has devised himself. It's very hard to translate unless you have the paper to translate it. Mr B keeps that hidden somewhere in his study.

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I would like to check (or ask Mr. B.) if the translation paper is still in it's hiding place and if it's been removed by a person, other than Mr. B.

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] As far as he knows it is still there, it's in his study, it's in a hidden safe only he knows about.

17. Rotku

I would like to closely examin the murder victem to see is she had any cuts of peices of boken glass or vase in her head. Or even if there are cuts in her head.

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The only marks are where the victim had been hit over the head, by the looks of it though she was bashed not cut at all.

19. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'd like to examine the exact position of the body, and try to understand from which direction the blow arrived, and if the vase could have been the object hitting her. Also, I would like to see if it could be that something fell over her head from the floors above.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The maid was hit from behind, she fell forward. The vase could very well be the murder weapon, though there is no china in the maids hair.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.