1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The mysterious Group

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Register, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-"Meaby so, but I actually want's to be more careful when I kill someone. But if we fails with killing him before Waterdeep, we can meet him there as well."

As he finished the last sentence he noticed that one of the guards still moved. He quickly drawed his broad sword and chopped of the head of the moving guard. As the head rolled away, and blood squirted out from the body, he smiled. He had that smile on his face for several seconds but then abruptly stopped to whipe of the blood from his blade on the dead mans sleafe.

-"Shall we go?"

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"I will come on two conditions. First of all, you will not order me at all. Second, I get to keep all of Blackstaff's posesions (sp?). And then you must not kill anyone unless there is no other choice," Nirneath said in a very commanding voice.

[ July 05, 2003, 04:06: Message edited by: RotKU ]

3. Register Gems: 29/31

-"You can keep Blackstaff's possessions if you wish, and we will try not to kill anyone innocent, but Blackstaff is going down! Do we have a deal? And remember, from now on the two of us is partners."

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lithien strides out of the room and gives the two a mockingly low bow.
    "I suppose we may see each other again, but I do hope not to. Unfortunatly I find that your plotting makes me rather ill, I shall leave you to it oh-so-noble gentlemen," she spat out in a scathing tone.
    Spinning around she conjured a slight wind with her metapsychic powers, making her cloak fly out dramatically behind her as she stalked out of the tavern. 'All in all,' she thought to herself, 'that went quite well.'

5. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Hmph. We didn't need that stuck-up-goodie-two-shoe anyway so lets go."

The two travellers left the city and moved out from the city of Neverwinter, heading to the mage Blackstaff to slay him once and for all.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The drow and the halfling traveled for many days, trying to follow the road as much as possible with out been seen. After a week or so their supplies started to get low. Deciding to pay a visit to the nearest inn they found they continues along. After a few hours of travelling they came across a small little village. They entred the village and quickly found the inn. Pushing the door open Nirneath lead the way. Marching over to where the barman tended the bar Nirneath says in a loud, commanding voice, "We need two rooms for the night and enough food to last for two weeks on the road. Now!"
    As the barman rushed off to prepare the rooms Nirneath sat down at a table occupied by three people who appeared to be very drunk. After a while of talking the halfling stood up and went over to a table of his own, and waved Velve over.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

Velve sat down and putted up a map.
    -"Lets see. Here is Neverwinter, here is Waterdeep, so we must be here, in Tiobar, due to our long way round the Kryptgarden forest and the Swrod mountains so that we can ambush him. I know that he travels slowly so we can still catch up with him before he arrives in Waterdeep."

The barman came in and said.
    -"Yo...you...your room is ready, sir."

8. Rotku

Nirneath looked up at the bar keeper and said "Yeah, thanks," before quickly turning back to where Velve was sitting looking at the map.
    "Some reliable sorces have informed me that our friend Blackstaff has speed up his trip and is now only half a weeks ride from Waterdeep, at his current speed." Nirneath stood up before Velve could reply and the barman lead him up stairs to his room. The halfling quickly feel asleep fully dressed with his swoard in his hand.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

While Nirneath went up thrue the stairs Velve looked around for a specific type of man, a assassin. He looked around and decided that he would not find any here so instead he went and talked to a group of would-be adventurers at a table in a corner of the tavern consisting of a Human, a Half-Ogre, and an Elf.

-"Hya, my friends. I have a opp..."
    He started but was interrupted.

-"Aye, ye be a Drow, are ye?"
    The very drunk Human asked. He was rather short but you could see that he was a man that would stand up to his words.

-"No I am not, only Half-Drow, but that's not th..."

-"Aye, ye be evil enough, I will kill ye."
    The man stood up and lifted his bottle just to be knocked down by a hit from the Half-Ogre.

-"Master don't want us to fight yet, stay out of trouble Lardef."
    Abviously, the Half-Ogre was very big and you could see his muscles thru his chainmail.

-"Well, well. No need to fight. Alas, we must be careful until Drepont is finished with his "buisness" in the brothel."
    The Elf was a typical Elf, a little rougish but still very elegant.

The back-door of the tavern flew up and a short, cloaked dark fellow came in.
    -"What?! You are talking with one of the foul kind? You will suffer, you will all suffer."

The man walked up to Velve and threw of his cloak, showing his twisted, snorling face. He was a Svirfneblin, that was for sure.
    -"What are one of yer kind doing up here, where ye don't even belong? I will kill you, for all your evil deeds against my people! Slavery, treachery, murder and ravagin, that is what ye be accused for!"

-"Hey, take it cool. I ain't looking for a fight, Yingil, I just want to make a deal with you. I am but a Half-Drow and an outcast and therefore not accused with all these kind of blames."

The Gnome brightened up a lot.
    -"Well, why didn't ye say it before, my friend? I am sorry for my rudeness before, it's just that I hate the Drow and all of their kind, but ye shows to be different. What do ye need."

As the Human woke up from the punch they all gathered in a small group. Velve began.
    -"As the three of you(Looking on everyone but the Gnome.) could see I came here with a Halfling. His name is Nirneath and I think he is going to betray me.
    You see, we are out on a mission to kill a wizard named Blackstaff(When the name was called all of the looked up a bit to see if the Half-Drow was serious, and he was.) and he likes this wizard so I think that he will try to kill me as soon as he have the chance. We also had a Elven wizard with us but she left without any good reason so I suspect that she is with him as well. Now she is gone and he have went upstairs and I need your help to kill these jiv'undusen. So what do you say?I can pay you really much."

The group looked at eachothers for a second and all had the same look in the eyes. The Gnome answered.
    -"Yeah, we'll do it. Aye, we didn't have any quest for money now. When do ye want us to kill him?"

-"I don't know for sure. Just hire a ranger and follow us with a couple of hundred metres distance and help me if I gets in real trouble from him. Here, you will have half you pay in advance."
    Velve handed out a pouch of money to the leader and went upstairs.

-"I sure hope that you will fulfill your mission now, abbilen."

10. Rotku

Nirneath had a restless sleep that night in the inn. Haunted by nightmares of murder, death and betrayal. He woke early morning and went down stairs to get two the horses ready. By the time Velve got up all of their food rations had been packed and they were soon off.
    The halfling and the half-drow travelled for many days with out any thing out of the ordinary happening.

11. Register Gems: 29/31

After a couple of days they saw the walls of Waterdeep. They went to the River Dessarin and spoke to a person there behind a couple of trees to see if Blackstaff had been there recently. He told them that Blackstaff arrived in Waterdeep only two hours ago.

-"That means that we can take care of him before he comes to his house."

They quickly rode into Waterdeep and looked around.

-"You know that this is the biggest city all over Fareûn? It contains more civilians than both Luskan, Neverwinter and Athkatla together. Now, lets go to the mage's house."

12. Rotku

"Impressive, but not nearly as big as some other... Never mind, lets go and find us a wizard to kill."
    They headed towards Blackstaff's tower, every now and then asking passers by if they knew if the wizard had passed. And every time getting the same answer, "Yeah, he just passed." Not matter how fast they went they could not catch up to Blackstaff. Eventually they came to Blackstaff's tower, talking to some commener standing by Nirneath and Velve learnt that Blackstaff had just entered half a minute ago.
    "Ummm, I suggest we go visit the local thieving guild. If I heard right, they have just reestablished themselves in this city of splendor."

13. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Good idea. There we can find some help to slay that blasted wizard."

The two of them went to the thieves guild in Waterdeep. When they arrived most of the thieves hooded themself so they wouldn't give out their real identity. But one of them who seemed to be a leader of sorts approached the two travellers and asked.

-"What can I do for you? If you're with the guards I'll have your head, just so you know."

14. Rotku

"Aye? Me, Eregdur, a common guard? You must be getting old now," Nirneath said with a grin fighting its way on to his face.

"Ah Eregdur! It must have been over 30 years. I'm surprised they let you in at the gates. You made quiet a name for your self last time you where here."

"Yes Meagwath, it must have been. How have you managed to stay alive so long, let alone in power, with all these backstabin thieves around you the whole time?"

"Ha, it must be my good looks now. Anyway, what you here for? It must be a good reason for you to rist your neck to get into Waterdeep."

"Me, risking my neck? Isn't that what I'm best at," Nirneath said, now clearly with a smile apon his face. "Anyway, those guards couldn't catch me if their life depended on it. Right Vel..." Glancing over his shoulder he sees Velve looking very impatent at the halfling and human. "Oh sorry. Now to business. Velve, if you wouldn't mind explaining?"

15. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Well you see, dear thief, that I, Velve Zauviir, son of Streea Zauviir lil Yathtallar and Alton Èrtân, first leutnant of the second legion of the Cormyrian army and a proud follower of Shar was a member of the adventuring group lil Elghinn bel'la.
    We travelled up and down the Sword Coast, making money on people's bad defences and warriors. It all went well until we met Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun of Waterdeep. You might know him, alas, it was he that drove away the former thieves guild from Waterdeep. We are now out to kill this wizard, and we would appreciate your help."

Velve turned to Nirneath and sked:
    -"And what is the point of Eredgur."

16. Rotku

"Aye, Eredgur? Nothing much" Nirneath said with a wave of his hand, dismissing the question. "Just be another name that people around here know me by. So Meagwath, think you can help."

"I... think this might be a bit out of my league Eredgur. I mean killing a Chosen of Mystra. And not to mention a lord of Waterdeep. I think you might be on your own here Eredgur."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.