1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The new adventure

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar gets up out of his seat and walks over to dales table 'are we going to leave or am i going to have to drink myself into a stupor before anything happens around here?'

2. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Feirhanith notices Khazar at a table talking to mature aged man. He goes and joins them at Khazar's side, speaking to Khazar but letting the other men at the table hear he says 'We must go if we are to travel before nightfall. i feel an evil sturring and it is very powerful. i fear to say that the evil that i sought with my previous companions still lives and he is planning to stir, he is a master of the dark arts and this would bring havoc to the world.'
    Waiting for a response he looks over the whole table as to see who would join him.

ooc: come on let's get going on an adventure, i've even set up the start of the story for you.

3. Khazar Gems: 6/31

'destroy the world huh that sounds powerfull, yes i agree we must depart hastilly' khazar looks towards the door then to his companiond for a response

4. *Haen-Dal walks into the tavern and takes a look around*

"Huh? What the...? Ooops, wrong tavern, sorry" says the gold elf as he exits.

OoC: Sorry guys... with two taverns, I just couldn't resist the urge :)

5. Leianna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just as the door closes, a woman of very tall stature walks in. She has long blond Hair to her waist, and an almost perfect face. She glided around with such grace as to only of been an elf.

Several of the Men at the bar called at her, but she ignored them. As she moved to the back of the tables and takes a seat one of the drunkards took aim and threw an empty glass at her. She spun with almost superhuman speed and murmmered an incomprehensible word.

A ray of brilliant white light shot from her fingertips, and vapourised the glass in mid air.
    'MAGI' one of the men screamed and dived under the table, as all know how unstable Elves with magic are. But with a sigh she turned and sat at the table quietly.

She took a glass from her cloak, and poured a half measure of thin elven wine, which she then proceded to sip at quietly.

Then without warning she turned to Khazar who was quite surprised at this whole display, and said quietly, 'what is your quest Half-Elf?'

6. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Feirhanith stepped forward in front of khazar and began 'My fair lady we are to seek out and destroy the dark powers that are becoming a threat to this world, we who seek to destroy them would ask anyone who is interested to accompany us. But be warned that their is mass danger involved and the only reward would be to stop this menis.'
    He then strides towards the elven lady and with an outsretched hand says 'will you join us?'

ooc: we need a DM if anyone knows of someone willing to be our DM and also be a fair one, we will appreciate it.

7. Leianna Gems: 1/31

Fine and gallant Sir she said quietly, I reconginise a Paladin, do i not?

She took Feirhanith's hand and drew him close, 'i know danger', she murmured, 'i was part of an elite Black powers evil magic group', but i have realised the errors of my ways, and have joined the 'rising Sun Alliance'. 'This is a magic guild, banding together to stop the dark powers spreading throughout this land, however we cannot do this alone, so i have been sent on a quest to destroy the heart of this power, a black wizard too powerful to imagine, but i cannot do it alone'. Therefore i will ask you and your compainians to accompany me. It is unlikely, but the wizard may have a hoard of treasure for you to loot, if you so wish, apart from this i can offer you no payment'.

She let her lips touch Feirhanith's cheek, and he felt a cold chill run through him, then she turned and sat down again.
    She spoke softly over her shoulder, 'I will give you time to think', and then went back to her wine.

OOC: i couldnt see this story going anywhere without a decent quest!!

8. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

After a while in thought he replied 'I am a paladin and once it was my duty to seek out evil, my employer was a king of a distant land that was troubled by many attcks of an undead force.' He looked round as to try and find someone that was there a moment ago. ' my lady i belivieve that we are dealing with the very same evil. When shall we leave?'

ooc: i was trying to get this going anyway, no point in waiting for ppl to join that can't be bothered.

9. Khazar Gems: 6/31

khazar has the same sense of someone watching them and looks to the same place as feirhanith but to no avail and returns his eyes to the fair lady 'as i was about to say before feirhanith rudely intruded, i believe i have seen you before in the land of the elves on my travels' he pauses ' or maybe not all of you TRUE elves are just as beutiful as each other' he sees she is impressed 'i overheard you talking and i would be more than honoured to join you' she seem reasured in her perceptions of his character 'im infact waiting to join dale but they seem extremely preoccupied and so i will join you in this quest'. 'being of elven kind and a magi at that you may also be able to enchant my bow as i have heard that the enchantment of the elves is the greatest reward a living being can have' he sits down to the previous table 'call me when you want to leave'

ooc:WE NEED A DM!!
    nice to meet you. we need to get this on the road.

10. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Ashila, bored of sitting on an empty table with only Volon for company, stands up and walks towards the group. 'Nice to meet you'she says to the newcomers 'My name is Ashila, and this'pointing towards her raven 'is Volon'
    Then she just starts talking, not bottering nobody asked her anything.
    'I have been called extraordinary from my birth till now. When I couldn’t even talk jet, they called me weird ‘cause of my appearance, and when I started to make things happen everyone’s suspicions were confirmed: I had the same blood as one of my far uncles, dragon-blood. I didn’t only have the purple eyes of my uncle, but I too was a sorcerer. He is far-off family, but dragon-blood is strong, and I’m the prove it isn’t lost in our family. You know: magic is big fun’ she giggles. When Khazar looks to his ale he sees a rose popping out of it. When he tries to catch it, it disappears leaving a lot of coloured stars that fall down and fade, till they too are gone. ‘Sorry, couldn’t help it, just had to do that. Your ale is still completely drinkable, didn’t change it. Just some illusions.’ ‘You were talking about your uncle’ Mentions Volon. ‘O yes, you are right. Like I just said, my uncle also was a sorcerer, and not just a normal one, no he was a damned good one too. It’s right, I speak in the past, but that’s because he.., he is no more. I’d never seen him in real life, only on pictures, one of my aunts had a book full of pictures, almost all relatives were in it, but one time he came to our house. He wanted to talk to me, he was ill, and knew he was going to die soon, but he wanted to give me some help before he would die. He had heard of my plan to leave, and agreed with it, although I hadn’t reached adulthood jet. He said it was a good thing to experience independence, and he believed I would become an even greater sorcerer than he was.’ Ashila smiles, blushes, and continues talking. You can read from her eyes she is very proud of her uncle and what he said ‘He helped me with the summoning of Volon, it is said that that’s the reason Volon and I sometimes have a slightly different opinion about something, but I think he is perfect.’ Volon looks even more satisfied and starts cleaning himself, Ashila laughs and says ‘he’s a little proud though, nothing to worry about really’ Volon stops with the cleaning, mumbles something like ‘really funny’ and than speaks to the group. ‘I warn you, that girl talks to much. You were just talking about leaving, didn't you? Well, like Ashila promised already,we are going with you too. But I've got one big question for what are we looking exactly, because in her eager to adventure Ashila forgot to ask what we were heading for. By the way, please forgive her childlike behaviour, she has only just reached adulthood, and still acts a little childish.’

ooc: Yes, let's something happen!

11. The door opens slowly and a reasonably tall dwarf walks in :about 4'9": ice blue eyes gaze slowly around the fairly full tavern room. He chuckles to himself softly and walks towards the back wall to look at the posters, right about the time Volon says that the two of them are acomanying someone else on a quest. His ears perk forward and he walks over. His footsteps are fairly loud 'thuds' but he appears to only be wearing chain-mail armor, and has a wicked looking two-handed battle-ax across his back. "Did ah 'ear sum-une say sum-thin' abut a quest?" his voice is somewhat gruff and has an odd accent to it. "Ahd lik' to know if t'were possibl' fer une such as ah to join ye."

ooc: this is my first online rp..or atempted rp...if a quest gets going i mean. and pardon, if you cant understand what my char says..ill try to make it more legible..hope we can all have some fun.
    -Straven DarkAxe

12. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] 'ah, a dwarf fighter. you will do well in our quest. We are going to face creatures of the undead, and maybe even some goblins. Surely you will join us?'in reply the dwarf said "Ye, ahd lik' to get me 'ands on sum gobo's!"
    he turned towards the door, took a few steps forward then stopped 'we must leave. Leianna and i will explain further the quest while we are traveling.'

The six trvellers set out that very night. food supplies were arranged by the barkeep, enough each for a month but it seemed lighter on their backs then it normally would. the prospect of such a quest had been sought by so many and yet so many had failed. People turned to watch as the party walked through the streets, normally a band of adventurers would go almost unnoticed but this was no normal band, such a varied group had not been seen together for decades. It was something new and exciting to most of the townspeople as the group left the outskirts of the settlement.

ooc: here we go! we will just have to do without a DM until we find one, lets inpravise.

13. Leianna Gems: 1/31

The small band reached the outskirts of the village quickly, and with not a word between them slipped out into the night.

But all was not well and both Leianna and Feirhanith had realised it. 'We are being watched' muttered Feirhanith to no-one impaticular. 'Yes, you're right, but i had the same feeling in the inn', Leianna replied quietly. 'I have the feeling we have someone trying to hinder our quest already'.

Khazar who had been listening intently decided that now was the time to act, and struck up a light.

They were walking towards a small copse of trees. Suddenly and without warning there was a cry from the rear of the group.

Everybody spun round or froze on the spot. Ashila was lying across the path, and a large creature was disapearing into the undergrowth. Khazar fitted an arrow to his bow, but too late, the creature had gone.

OOC:Well we can try without a DM, but i dont think weel last very long on our own

14. Khazar Gems: 6/31

the party move quietly over to Ashila, from some unseen bond both khazar and leianna both notice a stab wound in the middle of her back. 'is she dyin, wa shu we do?' replies the dwarf. 'yes quite' replies feirhanith' 'i know, quickly feirhanith lay on hands'

ooc:welldone guys 4 gettin this on the road

15. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

Feirhanith straightened his back as he got up from trying to heal her 'she will be fine but she needs rest, we must follow that creature. Someone must stay with her'
    Khazar obviously in thought said 'it is not a good idea to split our company but i believe we must at this time. Straven, leianna and i will go after it, you must stay and attend to ashila.' then to the bird who was standing next to his master Feirhanith said 'while they are gone tell me how this happened'.

with that three of the company dashed through the undergrowth and were gone into the night while Feirhanith was left to make camp and tend to ashila.

ooc:you guys better hurry up and kill whatever that monster is!

16. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Ashila mutters 'What..what was that, my back it feels like it's burning' 'You'll be fine, just relax' Feirhanith answers Then Volon starts to speak 'What if it comes back, I mean, we don't know where it is, and since we are the weakest group there is a big change it will prefer to attack us instead of the others.'

17. Pulls his axe off his back trys to keep up with the faster two muttering darkly as his infravision cuts in and out from the moonlight overriding it. "'Tis not a go'd way ta start of' a q'est. Attekd rigt frum the beginin'." Kazar agrees with him somewhat and leianna doesnt respond. "Ah dun thin' ah'm helpin' the sneakin' afta this thi'ng," reffering to his footfalls that seem to be excesivly loud..as if he were wearing something extremely heavy. But he seems to be keeping up well..as long as they keep going at the same pace.

ooc: kudos to you for near imatating his speach, he clips his words abit more..but very good. and his armor is dwarven palate mail of blending..i wasnt using him on another adventure so i decided to use him here. so far its off to an interesting start..better then his last adventure.

18. Khazar Gems: 6/31

The three friends seem at some what a quicker pace to be going in the same direction of the creature. 'wo tha bloomin...' spurts straven as he gets a terrible moonlight reflection in his infravision, off a dull but in some way shiny object that is quickly moving through the undergrowth. Leianna spots it second followed by Khazar as he slots an arrow into his bow. 'ya see tha too' 'yes we did Straven replies Khazar', Leianna focusing straight at the subject in question and moving her hands into a strange formation 'Khazar if I attempt to use magic missile do you believe your aim is true enough to hit the beast'. 'I shall try my best'.

ooc:this is very cool. someone will have to roll for the situation as we don't have a DM.Be truthfull my friends.Have you any ideas what the creature can be?

19. like a typical(classic, anyway) dwarf, starven charges foreward chanting a prayer to his god, Moradin. His armor changes as he charges, turning to its true form of dwarven plate mail, and his axe seems to glow with a soft luminance. His short stature enables him to charge in without worrrying much about getting shot or inadvertently hit with magic.

ooc: sorry..didnt have much time to post much, embelish somewhat if needed.

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited November 19, 2001).]

20. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ok if I'm going to dm this we're going to have to drop down some levels ( we'll decide on what level between 1 and 3)and drop the amount of gold and equipment down to the comparable amount. I'd like to do a 30pt buy also. I'll try to design something around what you have but it may take a lil to make it fit right. until then play on through this lil part, and I'll figure something out from there.

ps. send me your char sheets, once a lvl is decided on (I prefer lvl 1 to start, but I'll leave the choice up to you.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.