1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The new adventure

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Leianna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

OOC: I've never played before. I've played one proper game of D&D only.

You will need to work out stats etc for me, so i know what to do next time!

Thanks. :)

2. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] ooc: **walks into the room with his head hung in shame**
    "My most sincere apologies for starting this and not being able to take part in it. My PC totaly and utterly crashed" He mutters something about hardrives and tokyo, " so i had to reboot my PC along with the net, and then i had lots of coursework set me, and well, my free time just went down the drain. So i thought about posting some things into here, but thought against it coz there would hardly of been any replies to it, lets face it, i'm not very well known on the boards. Imagine my surprise to find out that over 40 posts had been and gone since i last came on here! I will now start posting more often now and sorry if it went a bit stale.
    20-11-01
    TM

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

go here Wizards of the coast and dl the character generator, we'll decide on the level and assets later. it will be 30point buy(click the roll button and select point buy)

4. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ooc:I am afraid that I do not agree with the 30 points thing as my characters stats when I first started were:
    Khazar

Fighter/Mage/Theif

Str (18 76/90)
    Dex (18)
    Con (15)
    Int (18)
    Wis (10)
    Chr (12)

To get the points I rolled on the Baldur's Gate Character Generator and Feirhanith was my witness, and I to his.
    Having 30 points will mean that my character won't be allowed doesn't it.
    Is there a way that I can incorporate my old character.Oh and what d&d version will we use 2nd or 3rd?
    Could somebody send the wizards character generator cos my connection cuts out after an hour so i won't be able to download it.

5. Im afraid i have to agree with Khazar on this one.. as my Char is a 7th lever dwarven fighter with stats as follows:

Str- 20 (god blessed/cursed..goblin god cursed him)
    Dex- 16
    Con- 18
    Int- 15
    Wis- 14
    Cha- 13

and for me to go to a 30pt system wouldnt work..and i dont want to develop a new char. i have 5 or 6 already and i dont need anymore..and if im correct in thinking..the 30pt system is a 3e stat configuration..and this is a 2e char..and ive only played 2e, and also have no idea how(nor really want to know how) to play 3e. i also have items that i dont know how would transfer to 3e..so knowing what edition were playing would be nice.

6. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Ooc: don't know what 30 pt system means, but will this also do?
    Ashila Daergel 1st level chaotic good gnomen sorceress
    str 10 HP 6
    dex 16 AC 14
    con 14 base attack +0
    int 17 speed 20
    wis 11 initiative modif. 3
    cha 18
    fortitude 1 melee attack 1
    reflex 3 ranged attack 4
    will 2 +4 saving against illusions +4 dodge against giants +1 attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
    spell save +4
    5 o-level spells/day
    4 1-level spells/day
    0-level: light,daze,detect magic,read magic
    1-level: summon monster1,identify
    1x a day ('cause of race) speak with animals,prestidigitation,dancing lights, ghost sound
    low-light vision
    extend spell
    languages: common,gnome,elven,draconic,goblin,celestial
    4 ranks in: concentration, alchemy, arcana knowledge, spellcraft.
    1 rank in: preform, handle animal
    racial bonus: 4 hide, 2 move silently, 2 alchemy
    gear: light crosbow, 30 bolds, sling, 30 bullets, dagger punching, scolar's outfit, spellcomponent pouch, 2 candles, bedroll, backpack, flask, waterskin, signal whistle, parchment sheet, ink, inkpen, mirror, pouch, 2 bread, 10 rations, 26 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp

Volon is a raven fammiliar (is it possible for him to be neutral good?) he speaks common

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Got to the link and dl the character genterator, yes you will have to reroll your character, doing 30pt buy makes it more fair, everyone will be even this way. I'm using 3e rules, their not hard, its actually a lot better than 2e as you can be things you couldn't in 2e like a dwark paladin, or a halfling paladin and so on. It's also what nwn will be using so you need to get familiar with it if you plan on playing.
    your familiar must match your alignment.

8. Ok..Ill go along with that. But Im not going to use Straven then..I dont want to drop him levels..so we'll pretend that the second char im bringing in was the original...yet to make him..have been tinkering with the char. generator. If you find anything wrong with that..tell me and Ill think up somehting else..

9. Leianna Gems: 1/31

Im having real problems with the character generator.

My friends got it on CD, so i'll try and get it off him, but it might take a couple of days.

10. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] im having troubles downloading it aswell, but i'll keep trying!
    Here we go again.... 1%...2%..oh crap 3KB/sec this will take some time!

11. ok..here goes my new char..if any problems with it..let me know..and ill see about fixin them...

Name: Rask
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Multi-class Fighter/Cleric
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Weight: 166
    Height: 4’5”
    Size: Medium
    Lvl: 1/1
    Str: 16 Mod: +3
    Dex: 14 Mod: +2
    Con: 14 Mod: +2
    Int: 10 Mod: +0
    Wis: 18 Mod: +4
    Cha: 6 Mod: -2
    AC: 16= Base: 10 + Armor: 4 + Shield: 0 + Ability Mod: 2
    HP: 19
    Ref: 2= Base: 0 + Ability Mod: 2
    Fort: 6= Base: 4 + Ability Mod: 2
    Will: 6= Base: 2 + Ability Mod: 4
    Init: 2= Base: 0 + Ability Mod: 2
    Feats: Exotic: WarAxe, Dwarven; Focus: Long Sword; Marital: Long Sword
    Skills: Heal- Total: 5= Rank: 1 + Ability Mod: 4; Knowledge, Religion: Total: 1= Rank: 1
    Weapons: 2-hand WarAxe/ 2-hand Long Sword
    Armor: Scale Mail MW; Armor Bonus +4, Max Dex Bonus +3, Check Penalty –3, Spell Failure 25%, Speed 15 ft
    Deity: No Devotion
    Domain 1: War- Free Marital proficiency & focus; Magic Weapon: 1 action, touch, I minute/lvl, will negates
    Domain 2: Healing- Cast Healing Spells at +1 caster lvl; Cure Light Wounds: 1 action, touch, instantaneous, will half
    Spells/day: 3+1 0-lvl DC 14; 2+1 1-lvl DC 15
    Spells:
    0 lvl- create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, guidance, light, mending, purify food & drink, read magic, resistance, virtue, inflict minor wounds
    1 lvl- bane, bless, bless water, cause fear, command, comprehend languages, cure light wounds, curse water, deathwatch, detect chaos, detect evil, detect good, detect law, detect undead, divine favor, doom, endure elements, entropic shield, inflict light wounds, invisibility to undead, magic stone, magic weapon, obscuring mist, protection from chaos, protection from evil, protection from good, protection from law, random action, remove fear, sanctuary, shield of faith, summon monster I
    Equipment: backpack, bedroll, winter blanket, canvas (sq. yd.) X2, map case/scroll case, flint and steel, healers kit MW, silver holy symbol, iron pot, belt pouch, trail rations X7, hemp rope X2, sunrod X2, torch X4, whetstone
    Languages: common, dwarf
    Racial Traits: +2 con, -2 Cha, darkvision, stonecutting, +2 save vs. poison, +2 save vs. spells, +1 attack vs. orcs & goblins, +4 dodge bonus vs. giants, +2 appraise stone and metal, +2 craft stone and metal, favored multi class: fighter
    Class Features: Simple weapon proficiency, Marital weapon proficiency: all, light armor proficiency, heavy armor proficiency, shield proficiency, turn or rebuke dead, spontaneous casting
    Funds: 215gp, 1sp, 4cp

12. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Is it worth having the skills (armorsmithing, weaponsmithing, diplomacy, handle animal, ride and heal)in this game. will i be able to use them. are we doing time and movement? and am i eventually allowed a horse?

one final thing, is there anyway easy, quick way of transfering my stats from the CG onto this page?

13. i printed my CG sheet out and typed it all on word and copy and pasted to the web page...didnt take me long.

14. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Changed my name a little too (don't want Ashlia Daergel to change) Just finished downloading the caracter generator (finaly!) still got to type my new stats out: they will be coming soon!

15. hey all...im going out of town for the weekend, so i wont be back or able to post till sunday.

have fun.

16. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

ooc: Welldone guys for sorting this all out i'm sure it will help our DM a lot.

(DM)
    Is it OK if I create my main character;Khazar and maybe further into the adventure introduce his old friend Dramli Stoutaxe meaning i'll be playing 2 characters.

Oh and can we have a reply on what feirhanith was saying about the riding etc proficiences.

I'm currently downloading MT and will have my character ready within the next few days.
    Is there a certain time that you want to start up...
    Do you want us to e-mail you our characters?

Thanks

17. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

you are supposed to send me (e-mail)the .cg3 file it creates, you don't post your char sheet. The other pcs don't need to know what you have. Yes the crafts come in handy. Sorry, I was out of town for thanksgiving. We'll see about the other char, but it will be much later, and no riding animals. Takes away from the experience.

18. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

well i hope you know that i get a horse automatically at level 5. I'll swap the ride and handle animal skill for diplomacy and religion skills then!

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

We'll start when everybody is ready. I'm still redesigning the world. We could just play in the other game I'm dming if you want to start sooner. The thread is "Rebirth". However I'm dming that one with a slight twist. It may not be for pc's unfamiliar with 3e.

khazar its 30pt buy you still have 5 pts left, where do you want them? you also have 4 skill pts left, and you only get 200gp worth of equipment if we start out as 1st level.

ok vote time what level do you want to start playing at?

level 1
    level 2
    or
    level 3

this will seriously affect gameplay so choose carefully.

20. ok..im back from my little goaway...ill send you the .cg3 soon...my char started with 900gp when i made him, even though he was only 1/1..and i started him there b/c i didnt know what level we were starting at...but on the deal about what level to start at id say level two..and a question...would i start at the same level in both classes..or would i start lower as in 2e?...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.