1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The new adventure

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] ooc:
    (DM)
    I have sent you the new version of my character.

Can we please get organised cos this is really dragging on.

I believe that a level 1 start for all of us would be correct as some of us are 2nd ed players and are not familiar with the 3rd ed rules but would like to learn them from the start.

On a final note I still need to know when we will be playing and as we are going to use the gaming chatrooms could we get e-mailed a party specific password for it?

2. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

well its been a while now, boards down and all. I will need the char sheets and lvl 1 seems the right way to start off. we will use the same room that virtually everyone else does to roleplay #sorcerers_nwn. Prestige classes will be allowed to an extent. once I recieve all the chars (1st lvl, 200gp of gear, 30pt buy) .cg3 files we will begin on the forums. As for the online sessions we will decide on them by finding out what times people will be available, the times will be flexible.

3. ok...well its nice to know that you all are still alive and kickin.. i guess ill just make new char then...i dont want to go through the things ill have to change.. starting at level one is fine with me...but yu still never answered my question...can i start it out multi-classed...or do i have to make him over to a priest later..? thanks..

4. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Woohoo, were back!!

i need to get the character generator again because mine is on the other computer, where the internet does not work and the network wont work until we wipe the system!! bare with me

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

you can multi but neither of your classes will be a lvl 1 they'll be whats known as an apprentice class or lvl 1/2, upon your lvl up they will both be lvl 1. or you could start as 1 class and add the other later. I recommend the latter because the char gen won't do the first, and its harder to dm apprentice lvl's

6. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] DM

I take it that was aimed at me.
    The only problem is that I only play a Fighter/Mage/Thief in D&D so i'm affraid you will need to work it out for me 'cos I am unfamiliar at the moment with the Char gen so I am not sure how to implement my character.
    Could you please let us know as soon as you are ready we said earlier on in this post when we will be able to play but i'm sure we can work something out if it isn't to your satisfaction.

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

I cannot DM if I don't recive everyones .cg3 char sheet file

8. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Ok own up who hasn't handed theirs in?

DM it would help if you could post a list of the name/s.

9. I havent sent mine in.

but I think Im just not going to go with this story..I havent had as much free time to do something like this as I would like.

for those that are still going to play it..have fun

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

I've only recieved 2 that are usable Dramli Stoutaxe and Cromwell.

11. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

Hey, ive sent mine in to you ages ago! are you saying that you didnt get it. if not ill send it again.

12. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Have you figured out how to make my F/M/T useable i really want to play him if not ill make a ranger character.

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

well whats the characters name, not the file name, I'll check to see if I have it.

14. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Khazar is the name.
    You said I couldn't use it because I was a Fighter Mage Thief and that would mean that I would have to be level one in all of them but it would be unfair for the rest, or something like that.

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

ok this is what you can do. You can start as a lvl 1 fighter or whatever you want to start as the multiclass into the others upon leveling up, so at 2nd lvl you would be a Fighter mage, and at 3rd you'd be a Fighter mage thief, all lvl 1. Thats the only way to get all 3

16. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

my character is called 'Feirhanith Dengeird' just the same as my name, i thought that you may make a connection there!

17. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Thats fine DM im getting the PHB on FEB 4th so i will understand 3rd ed a lot easier.

Could we start anytime soon cos im dying to see what you have in store for us.

Ps Feirhanith less of the lip boyo

Surely we can start now you have Dramli, Khazar, Cromwell and Feirhanith.

Ashilla 30 pt buy is on the character generator under the roll option, you then need to choose 30pt buy. It sets all of the points to 8 and then you just choose what ones you want to buy. The higher you go the more of the 30 points you will spend to get an attribute point.

[This message has been edited by Khazar (edited January 21, 2002).]

18. Leianna Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry guys (and possibly gals), i've not been in in awhile coz i cant get the char generator to download.

If i cant get my own (or someone else do it for me), then im pretty out of luck here.

Leianna

OOC Nice seeing everyone's still posting!

19. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Well I need a show of hands of EVERYBODY wishing to play and whether or not you've submitted your char sheet(.cg3). We start tuesday if I don't have your char sheet you won't be starting in the group. you will be able to be picked up somewhere along the way in a place of my choosing. If you don't have it in on tuesday when I check you'll know it because I won't send you an e-mail. The list starts today and is the order in which the party will be formed. I will have a character in the group, but he will be mainly for guidance purposes and played as an npc. He will not be the one to interact with other npc's except at points that are intricate to the plot for the direction you choose. Asking questions of him will not give you any insite into the way I am DMing the game. He shall be as clueless as you are, maybe even more so except in those certain areas.

starting off the first person to post what I asked will be hired by Alton to help him with something. Alton will be extremely frail and in need of your protection on his quest. Alton will not level up the same as you do, nor will you know when he does. His class is not disclosed to you and asking him questions about himself won't get you anywhere. He does. however, have better gear and more money than you do, but he be spending it on you. Everything you need to know will be told to you at the start when he hires you.

20. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Ok i'm in and I was wondering whether the F/M/T is ok or should I use my Ranger tha I have created?
    Actually I'll send you that one too and you can decide which you would prefer me to use.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.