1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The perfect paladin....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LOL! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen! How quickly he backs down from his views... I suppose his convictions weren't as strong as he led us to believe; which I would say is a good thing! :)

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Whose the wiccan bloke? Herf? :D j/k

Ah heck! Why do i keep saying heck? heck! ;p

3. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You mr. "wise" is an idiot. Of course you have the right to say what you wan't but we christians have the right to believe what WE wan't. (And NO I DON'T agree with that
    "paladin"). By writing such things in this forum you are acting exactly like the "paladin". Don't judge everyone because a few are fanatics. Just think of how some people look at us satan-worshipping role-players...

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Whose mr."wise"? I hope its not me.

5. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My my my, in the midst of poor grammar, I'm refered to as an idiot by an individual that believes in men in the sky. My wisdom is questioned by someone that probably thinks Jesus and Moses were caucasians. I suppose I can't blame you, it is pretty easy to just believe rather than question the validity of something that has been slammed down your throat, under the guise of truth, since birth. I'll be sure to bring this up the next time the Tooth Fairy, Boogey Man, Santa Claus, Abominal Snowman and I get together for , heh, wine and wafers. Heh heh heh heh heh...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ok. Hold it. Hooooold it right there.

I'm all for the freedom of speech, and since I hate closing so many topics of late I'll try to sort this one out with a warning that you can apply to all similar ones that comes after this.

1. Don't insult anyone here.
    2. More specificly, don't insult anyone here because of their beliefs, religion, race (thank God we're not that far yet), heritage, power-gaming/role playing, hair color... Uhm, can't think of anything else right now.
    3. Read counts 1 and 2 again

Seriously, I don't want fights over such things surfacing up here becuse sooner or later they simply turn into bashings, no matter how argumented they were in the beginning.

Some people get seriously offended when reading posts like this. Shura's comment on slicing genitals is especially disgusting. I mean, how would you feel Shura, if you happened to be a choir boy in your youth and someone made such jokes about them here?
    Pretty bad I suppose. So everyone please think about what you're about to post before you actually do it. A joke's a joke, but sometimes it just gets carried too far.

7. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

These debates have become a litlle too hotly contested i think.

[This message has been edited by Roghnaithe (edited January 22, 2001).]

8. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31

You go Sorcerer! :D (for Sir Bel)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He wrote "us satan-worshipping role-players", and he didn't mean what you imply Roghnaithe.

It's just that playing dungeons & dragons has been labeled devil-worshipping by some in USA when the whole thing started. Some still regard it as such. I hope that clarifies things for you.

10. Roghnaithe Gems: 2/31

OOOOOh. Oops sorry. Thanks for clearing that up though. I know all about the generation gap difference and how many used to label it like that. But, thankfully, it is not as bad as it used to be. Time to go erase my foolish misunderstanding.

11. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I apoligize then...just don't insult me and
    I'll not insult YOU.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ow! I was enjoying that! kidding! Now i see why holy wars start (though god knows why they are holy) and let me get one thing straight. I'm an athiest/muslim so dont put me in god believer or free thinker. i'm both of these in different respects. but i edge more to the athiest side. Guess thats how i was brought up. So i dont want anyone having a go at me for deciding to be a religious free thinker. Put it this way, i believe in a god but i'm not going to get up at 5am and pray and then 4 more times for the rest of the day! ;)

13. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey Sorcerer, it's just a joke. Sorry if I offended anyone. :D
    Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever.
    I really can't be bothered to bash anyone's belief.
    :D :D

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Um... Refresh my memory... Who started this topic? ;)

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Me! Me!
    :D

16. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Blackthorne TA is the king of rhetoric! :)

17. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm sure I don't know what you mean... ;)

18. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

I'm an egnostic. I apologize for referring to christianity as a mental disease, and that alone. I believe this 'debate' is now at a close.

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm glad you said that...I was ready to call for a Jihad, Crusade, or something equally nasty... :D

JUST KIDDING

20. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Said what, exactly? That I'm an egnostic, rather than an atheist? My apology? Or that it's over?

My apologies as well to Taluntain, I like this site/these boards, and I'm sure you would rather not have it turned into a battle field.

(for the record, that was in no way a reference to the crusade bit)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.