1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 11

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You know, I'm going to pedantic. :D

Which Star Wars?

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Return of the Jedi?

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

A New Hope

5. The Magpie

Y'know, so am I. ;)

Upon release in 1977, Star Wars was known as simply that - the secondary heading "Episode IV - A New Hope" was only added later upon re-release to match The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The original title of the film has always been Star Wars. So my answer stands alone, and correct. :p

And since there may well be a danger of things veering dangerously off-topic, I'll just post a gimme so we can all get back to the game:

"Borg? Sounds Swedish."

Fastest finger first!

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

star trek: first contact

7. The Magpie

[​IMG] Yup. You go, Enagonios.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

thanks for making me watch all that boring star trek stuff mom :p

"When are you going to start living in the present instead of the 24th century?"

"I would never live in the 24th century! I f*cking HATE "The Next Generation". Only classic!"

right back at'cha ;)

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

That would be Free Enterprise.
    @Mags - Were you even alive in 1977? IIRC, you should've been around 3 or 4 at the time, so unless your memory of seeing it in the theater is *that* good, you're basing your reply on secondhand info. But thank you for riding roughshod over my answer. :p

EDIT: Been gone getting an eyepatch on YPP. I'm reasonably sure I'm right, so here's the next quote:

"Hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you."

[ July 31, 2006, 02:06: Message edited by: kuemper ]

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yup, you got it kuemps.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow, quoting the classics.

Marlon Brando.

On the Waterfront.

What a great movie.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There isn't much to watch on the weekends anymore. Your turn, T2.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    First man tells about the best day of his life.
    Second Man, stunned: What was your worst day?
    First Man: Same day.

14. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Good ol' City Slickers. :)

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Of course, go ahead Takara.

16. Takara

Media:
    Hehe, what can I say? I adore that film.

It's chilly outside and it's chili inside. It's a regular fu**ing chili fest.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Get Shorty?

18. Takara

Media:
    Yup you got it.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Get Shorty was the best book-turned-movie that i've seen. I saw the movie first and when I read the book after, I could see the scenes in the movie happening again. good stuff. The movie of Be Cool sucked major ass though.

20. Takara

Media:
    Only seen Get Shorty, not seen Be Cool, and if you say it sucked... I doubt I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.