1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 13

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yeah, head to be, given all the hints. hmmph, i just saw this movie again last week and didn't really recognize the line but now it's sounding a bit familiar. does he say it before knifing some people?

here's mine:

"I lost my virginity when I was fourteen, okay? How many women have you even slept with?"

"Like two and a half."

"Two and a half? What is a half, your hand? That doesn't count!"

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I guess I killed it again. Some serious hintage then.

The movie is recent, came out in the latter half of this year, and is a comedy. The exchange is between the main character and his girlfriend. The guy is one of the new bug things in this type of "toilet humor" and "stoner" comedy.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I feel like a cheater since I haven't seen it, but...Zak and Miri?

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

right actor, wrong movie.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Pineapple Express.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

it's like killing a unicorn... with a bomb. lol

your turn

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Sometimes, I guess, there's just not enough rocks.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What a depressing scene -- Forrest Gump.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yep. It amazes me how a scene like that can have such an odd line... and have it fit perfectly.

Figured it would be a quick one too ;)

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A man is talking to his ex:

I thought all writers drank to excess and beat their wifes. You know one time I secretly wanted to be a writer.

This may be difficult. It's a 40's comedy starring James Stewart (who won an Oscar for his performance), Katherine Hepburn, and Cary Grant.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The only movie I know with that cast is The Philadelphia Story, plus, the line is from it it too (did I mention I own that movie?) ;)

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    I never know when someone will know one these old movies.

Your turn dmc.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You picked a movie with my wife's all time favorite actor (Grant) and actress (Hepburn) and that happens to be really clever and well done. Pick a musical next time, I hate those.

Char 1: So what country do you want to go to?
    Char 2: Wyoming.
    Char 1: [Char 2], Wyoming's not a country.

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    The Hunt for Red October

Edit: Oops, that was Montana in Red October... don't know this one.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

lol those were exact same 2 successive thoughts that popped into my head as well T2.

18. dmc

Media:
    Hintage - movie from the '70's.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Dog Day Afternoon is my guess. I've only seen bits and pieces but I think this one was one of the bits I saw.

20. dmc

Media:
    Yes indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.