1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

That's from Bedazzled, starring Elizabeth Hurley and Brendan Fraser (I probably spelled hist last name wrong, oh well.)

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Or is it from the original Bedazzled? the one with Dudley Moore and Peter Cook?

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Jhonka is correct; it's from the 2000 version of Bedazzled with Hurley and Fraser.

4. Jhonka

"You'll get yours, Frank! WHEELS ARE TURNING!!!"

Have a go at that one, hopefully it's not too easy.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not easy enough for me, unfortunately. Someone post something that I know!

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Can we have a hint, Jhonka?

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Darn, I feel like I should know this one...
    Scratches at the back of my skull, it does
    :borg:

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, the quote didn't sound even vaguely familiar to me so I did a google search and found it - the only hit was from the original screenplay which lists another couple sentence between the ones quoted. I have never seen the film but I think I probably would have guessed it if the additional sentences were there - the first one is a dead giveaway. I wonder if they were actually included in the film?

9. Jhonka

JSBB, the movie you turned up is the wrong one, or the site had faulty info. My quote is how it appeared in the film, I've seen it enough times to know :)

As for a hint... hmm...
    Danny DeVito is in the film, as is Edward Norton.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Death to Smoochy?

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That is what I came up with. I am not really surprised that the lines didn't make it into the film. I did say that I looked at the original screenplay and as anyone who has ever looked at one knows there is never any shortage of differences between the original screenplay and what actually makes it into the film.

Oh, and just for interest's sake the give away second line according to the screenplay read "The Rhino too!"

12. Jhonka

Aye, it was Death to Smoochy. Your go, Death Rabbit.

PS: JSBB, now that I think of it, "the rhino too!" very may well have been in the movie. If it was, I apologize. :p

13. Death Rabbit

Media:
    "My God! Let me get a look at you. You know, you look like sh*t. What's your secret?"

14. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Might of been the late Marlon Brando. Either him or Robert DeNiro. Movie about a safecracker and his girlfriend.

15. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Marlon Brando in The Score?

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    You're both right, but since Loerand is the one whoa actually named it, it's his go.

17. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Softball:

"This is more enjoyable than my average day... reading philosophy, avoiding gang rape in the washrooms... though, it's less of a problem these days... maybe I'm losing my sex appeal. "

By my favorite actor ;)

18. Death Rabbit

Media:
    That's Sean Connery in The Rock, right?

edit - yeah that was a bit of a softball. Good one, though.

"So what can you do with a degree in philosophy, anyway?
    Sit around and think deep, deep thoughts about being unemployed."

19. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

" I am here to kick ass and chew bubble gum; and I'm all out of bubble gum"

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Well, I know Istolil's quote is from They Live (but made more popular by Duke Nukem). I also know it wasn't his turn though :p

As for death rabbit's quote - erm, was it a Jackie Chan movie possibly? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.