1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, it's not from a Jackie Chan movie (that I know of, anyway). Good guess though.

And Istolil, check the first page of this thread for the rules of the Quote Game.

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

hmm it sounds kind of like something the guy who plays Bruce lee in "Dragon: the Bruce lee story" says, but I think he said it differently. but then again, I saw the movie way to late one night.

3. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well Vukodlak got it right, and my bad for quoting out of turn. Sorry :o . Please be gentle I have soft newbie like qualities lol. Won't happen again, honest!

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No problem. You'll only get 4 lashings instead of the obligatory 5 for noobs who distrupt the quote game.

Equester is right - it is from "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story."

5. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

yeah watching all does movies doing my weeks vacation finaly paid off. now it¨s my turn muahahrmm..sorry, here comes the quote.

"I guess you would call it an implosive-explosive sub-molecular device.
    Or an Atomic Bomb.
    Hey, that's catchy."

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey, is this at last one that I know?

That line is in 'The Shadow'.

That is at least the second time this year that someone has quoted from that film. Yippee.

7. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

just to confirm it, it is from the shadow, so harbourboy your up.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK, here goes:

"Well, a war is when people hurt other people, and people like Daddy try to stop them."

9. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

We were soldiers?

10. Harbourboy

Yes. Saw that on TV again the other day. Possibly my favourite Mel Gibson movie.

11. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Heh I watched it last week, and its definitely one of his best movies, though I still likes Braveheart more :)

here is the quote: "Maybe I'm drunk today, tomorrow I'll be sober, BUT YOU! WILL ALWAYS BE A FAGGOT!"

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Double Impact! That 'movie' was actually on here a couple of nights ago. The only reason I watched it was to see Bolo Yeung in action. I'll watch just about anything to see him beat someone up.

EDIT - my time's up for today so I'm just gonna jump the gun and hope I was right with that guess. Next quote:

"Who drank my goddamn apple juice?"

[ August 06, 2004, 05:01: Message edited by: Aldazar ]

13. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

You were right(it was on here in dk last week) and I have no Idea where yours is from. damn that means I have to watch more movies

14. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Could it be a movie with I-cube and Eve? Barbershop maybe?

15. Harbourboy

Where'd Aldazar? It won't be long before Impatient Jackass rears his or her head.....

16. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It is barbershop. Think the characters name may of been Terry

17. Zurga Gems: 9/31

I'm on then? Ok.

"So you cooked up a story and put us all in the meatgrinder".

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yeah, sorry, definitely Eve as Terri in Barbershop.

The only movie I recall heraing the word meatgrinder in is The Whole Nine Yards when Oz's wife says Jimmy The Tulip made a pass at her. Other than that I have no idea.

19. Zurga Gems: 9/31

Sorry, my fault, I thought I knew the exact quote, but after checking it:
    "So you cooked up a story and dropped the six of us in a meat grinder."

Dooh!!

20. Death Rabbit

Media:
    That's from Predator.

ps - @ Zurga - if you have to correct a post, all you need to do is hit the "edit" button along the top row of your post (just to the right of "pm"). You don't have to make a whole new post.

Next up:

"Better wear your sunblock, Buttercup."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.