1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Carcaroth, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No and no. It's a war movie.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Thin Red Line?

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, here's another quote -- the CO is talking to his top enlisted:

CO: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?

Sergeant Major: Sir, Custer was a *****. You ain't.

The first quote was the Sergeant Major also, spoken to a bunch of junior officers.

Edit: Oops, I guess I found out one of the words not allowed on the boards. It's an offensive word which one definition is cat.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We Were Soldiers?

6. T2Bruno

Media:
    Ah, I made it too easy.... Sam Elliott was great as the Sergeant Major.

Your turn Harbourboy.

7. Harbourboy

I only got it because the quote sounded familiar and I have only seen one war movie in the last 3 years.

"I eat green berets for breakfast."

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Rambo?

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Predator

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

No way, people. This is good old Arnie in Commando

11. Harbourboy

Let off some steam, Colthrun. Your turn.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

two days and colthrun hasn't posted a new one yet, i hereby invoke the IJ rule :)

"Would a spy pee himself? Please, oh God, don't kill me! I'm not worth a bullet!" :D

13. The Magpie

True Lies

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whoa, that was quick :eek: your turn magpie

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Ach, I was away and missed my turn... life is so unfair... :(

16. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Then jump in with an IJA

17. The Magpie

Too late!

Sorry 'bout that, didn't see Enagionios' reply. Must be getting old... :geezer:

- I've never lost a fight.
    - Except to a crippled man just now.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

O.K. - we appear to have the same film here that was just posted in the new movie scene game. :shake:

Mask of Zorro.

19. The Magpie

:doh: Yup, I just found that thread... :heh:

Your go, JSBB. :)

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

O.K. - it is time to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel. I have posted quotes from some pretty lousy films but this one really takes the cake! ;)

"And now side two of the Al Unser Jr. story 'No questions, only Unsers' as read by Laurence Fishburne."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.