1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Sojourning Six - OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Felinoid, Mar 18, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

It's ok Fel keimal will seem quite jolly when Zed starts whining :grin:

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Sorry to post late, had some other things going on...

@Fel or DS

Can any of you give me a description of how does a Fremlin looks like.

Thank You :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  3. DarkStrider

18" tall winged nekkid grey gremlin

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] Like this. ;)

Some other pictures from the Complete Book of Humanoids and the Monstrous Manual, to help you picture our other companions:
    Ogre Mage - Black & White / Color
    Pixie - Black & White / Color
    Satyr - Black & White / Color
    Swanmay - Black & White / Color
    Voadkyn - Black & White / Color

Apologies on not being able to find a color pic of the fremlin, but the MM only has a pic of the generic evil gremlin since they share a section. TBH, I'm surprised I was even able to find an Ogre Mage pic for the same reason (they're lumped together with ogres and merrow, which are aquatic ogres). Which reminds me, Ogre Magi can have different colored skin than the blue that is seen in that pic. The MM and CBoH both describe "light blue, light green, or pale brown skin".

5. Maurolava

Thank you, this make things so much easier.

:thumb:

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thanks for the pictures, Fel. The Swanmay is very good looking, especially the black and white one.

And my character looks just like the Satyr in color. :) Not bad looking at all.

7. DarkStrider

Yay for the pictures Fel, I'm so cute curled up to the swanmay :)

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh yes, thanks for the pics. I'm so hot. :rolleyes: :p

9. Felinoid

Well, that 15 CHA has to go somewhere. And unlike Elan, swanmays can't hide it "under the hood". :shake: (Not that he's been hiding it very well lately. :hahaerr: )

[ April 09, 2006, 07:29: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:) Hehe, I look cool. Blue skin, eh? :p I have that manual, the one in color. I should read up.

11. Maurolava

:o Ahh, kuemper is there something wrong?

Is the RP dying :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm just waiting for my character to come in. :nolike:

13. Felinoid

I know, EI, and I'm sorry. But having a sellsword from an oriental race wandering around in a forest doesn't make much sense. I'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit longer. :bad:

I'm not sure what kuemper's thought is with her last post, but Avril showing her frustration has actually been a good thing (at least for Keimal). I sense some good RPing coming up if kuemper isn't totally frustrated with us, though it may mean EI has to wait even longer. (Better late than never, though.)

Anyway, I've also got the encounters for on the way to the city planned out, but kuemper can take the main plot from there once we get EI in the group.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's hard to be nice with people being belligerent, scared and questioning. You are RPing very well, though my Avril is extremely frustrated. I can't think of any reason for anyone to be on this quest other than the gods fortell it to be so. That's isn't enough of a reason for you and 'because I asked' doesn't cut the mustard (or condiment of your choice :) ).

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Good kuemper! Oh would that have been fun to play. Wonder if the mods read all these RP's?

16. Felinoid

Apologies for not posting sooner. I was going to after kuemper's last post, but I got busy and forgot. :o Writing one up now.

P.S. Good use of Tyrunè's predicament. :)

17. Nakia

Media:
    Avril doesn't have to worry about Burkey tagging along. His motivation is pretty obvious. :)

18. DarkStrider

As for Zed he'll travel along with the nice lady :) he's not sure about the satyr who's been rude and not answering him :p

19. Nakia

Media:
    I need to do some 'out-loud' thinking about my character.

He's male, motivated by wine and lust. He can not be insulted. Quite simply the world centers around him. He is neither a good person or a bad person. Amoral? He is usual nice to other people but probably because it is less trouble than being nasty. Never, ever will he do something altruistic. He is energetic; chasing dryads takes a lot of energy. :)

Any thoughts or suggestions please let me know.

20. Felinoid

First off, I will admit that this encounter is stolen quite blantantly from Dungeon Magazine #57; a little SideTrek Adventure aptly named "Carcass Fracas". It's one of my favorites. These are really abnormal monsters, as you might imagine by their being able to set up an ambush like this and being able to have two arrows in the one's back with no ill effects. It's not that they are invulnerable, but simply that the arrow wounds are old and the creatures can regenerate 1 HP per round, so the 'possum' creature had simply regenerated around the wounds.

The other little quirk I alluded to in my post was that their claws cause paralyzation. The only exception to this is elves, and that brought a little dilemma, because wood giants are supposed to be like elves but there's no mention in the CBoH whether they have the paralyzation immunities or not (while the immunities to sleep and charm are spelled out). The compromise I made is that the wound that Keimal has taken will only paralyze his arm. He'll still end up with the standard dual-wield penalty for the useless arm, though, and will not be much good in this fight except for drawing the attention of the melee creature.

Now, these are 3 HD monsters, to give you an idea of how much punishment they'll take before they go down, and Zed will be absolutely safe. The current speeding arrow can be dealt with however (though I'll admit an image of Burkey throwing himself in front of Avril or throwing her to the ground had crossed my mind ;) ). Keimal's down to 7 HP, mostly as a result of unhealed wounds from the kobold fight; the claws do 1-3, and the arrows are normal. Well, let's fight! :roll:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.