1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Sojourning Six - OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Felinoid, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Fight update: Melee creature down to 4 HP, Missile creature down to 5 (giant-kin mace does 1d8 * 2 :eek: ), Avril down to 4 from the arrow, and Keimal down to 4 from the dagger.

EDIT:
    Final Fight update: There's a new one out in stores now, though I hear it isn't too good. At least you also get a copy of one of the original games with it, but you have to wonder if it's worth the price tag.

Wait, that wasn't what I meant to talk about. :roll: Okay, missile creature dead, melee creature down to 3, Avril fully healed, Keimal up to 11, and Burkey down to 6.

[ April 27, 2006, 21:10: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Nice post kuemper :thumb: Necromancer: death by swan, I liked it :)

3. Felinoid

Indeed. :thumb: And nice way to work in how Avril became a swanmay. Gives her some good emotional baggage too. :grin:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:o I found my inspiration this morning. I used 3 Kleenex, btw. *sniff*

5. Felinoid

Treasure report: 27gp, 11ep (5.5gp), 43sp (4.3gp), 47cp (.47gp), a pair of gaudy earrings, and a dagger +1.

Whoever claims the earrings gets them, except probably not the pixie. I'm using them to tie together a couple things, and they need to be visible. Why? I'm not telling. :p

6. DarkStrider

Zed will probably like them if they're shiny :bigeyes:

7. Felinoid

And there we go. The grippli are after the earrings because they're shiny. We can fight them, provided Foxlen can free Zed and the two can keep them busy long enough for the paralyzing poison to wear off (in a couple rounds), or we could just let them take all the shiny stuff we have (gold, earrings, dagger). For difficulty, think hobgoblins.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So the next move is up to Foxlen. How long does this paralyzation last?

Burkey can't head butt them. To low I think. Curses, he needs a weapon of some kind. Don't grippli exude poison from their bodies?

9. Felinoid

Nope, they're camo frogs, not poison frogs.

10. Felinoid

This would be a good time for EI's intro.

Also, the treasure pouch could have been pinched by any one of you if you don't want it to have gone away. A little snickering thought in a post would establish it. ;)

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Burkey couldn't be bothered but we do have a mischievous pixie in our midst. :evil: ;)

12. DarkStrider

It wa dropped in the grass, a repentant Zed found it... :(

13. Felinoid

Okay, now that we've gotten everyone together, everyone gets 2000XP, which includes story award and creatures killed on the road. (For Tyrune, we'll assume he got that XP with his prior adventures within the city as a sellsword.) I'm also awarding 100 RPing XP to everyone except myself and Tyrune. The reasons are as follows:

-Keimal: The beginning of the RPing XP comes from his little kobold-dryad encounter, where he kills 7 kobolds single-handedly. That's 49 XP for the kobolds, and another 50 quest XP, bounced up to 51 to round it out to 100 total for simplicity's sake. So he gets 100XP, but how to make it fair for the others? Simple: RPing XP, which it wouldn't be fair to award myself. ;)
    -Burkey: Nakia has played the satyr to the hilt from the very beginning, with small bits of separation from the norm that make the character unique. Kudos. :thumb:
    -Foxlen: Mauro really impressed me (and continues to) with the whole 'giggling pixie' thing. I didn't know he had it in him to RP such a different character from his typical ones. :thumb:
    -Avril: kuemper's flight back to her fellows, and that dream about the past and how she got to be a swanmay...very deep character. :thumb:
    -Zed: As a personal preference, I didn't like all that scaredy-cat stuff. But DS has been gradually building his character from that, and has done a superb job of building the person behind the coward, making him a full part of the team even with his racial fears. :thumb:
    -Tyrune: Two posts. I know that's my fault and that of the story in how late he joined, but it's still not enough to judge by. The opportunities abound for later awarding, though. :)

Now, there are two things to keep in mind with XP awards:
    1. Due to racial disadvantages, the ogre mage (Tyrune, EI's character) and the pixie (Foxlen, Mauro's character) must earn twice the experience a normal character would need.
    2. Due to exceptional prime requisites, the sellsword (Tyrune, EI's character), the scholar (Zed, DS's character), and the scavenger (Foxlen, Mauro's character) get a 10% bonus to their XP. Meaning that when they earn 1000XP, they get 1100.

So, with all this, here are the awards! :banana: (in alphabetical order)

-Avril: 2100 XP ... LEVEL UP! Presumably this can be taken care of in her next dream/vision, as a strengthening of her powers as she gains her new direction. Additional 1st level spell and 1d8 HP.
    -Burkey: 2100 XP ... LEVEL UP! He probably won't notice much until he gets his hands on a scroll he can learn (a single 1st level spell per day), but the extra 1d6 HP will help his fighting for now and the extra 15 points to distribute to his skills will help his thieving.
    -Foxlen: 2310 XP ... Needs 2500 for level 2.
    -Keimal: 2100 XP ... Needs 2250 for level 2.
    -Tyrune: 2200 XP ... Needs 4000 for level 2.
    -Zed: 2310 XP ... Needs 2500 for level 2.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I even heard the sound effect. :hahaerr:

I'll work on getting a clearer vision of what we're supposed to do as a group and where to go.

15. Nakia

Media:
    Burkey: "Level Up!, hooray! A bottle of fine wine and a dryad for me. Oh, skills. Where's my friend Mauro? Now what do I do with these silly points? The extra damage for head-butting sounds good. Wish the enemies would stand on their feet long enough to get head-butted. Now that is fun. Although I can think of more better fun."

Me:
    Thanks Fel.

By the way at the moment Burkey is just following along eyeing Avril, dodging rotten fruit and hoping for a wine shop and the money to buy a decent wine.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The FedEx mission - essentially, go to a warehouse to get a statue and return it to the man that hired us.

The warehouse had a large cart crash into it, pretty much destroying a couple walls. No one's using the place anymore and anyone who had something stored there already took it. (hint: it's okay to be light-fingered ;) )

17. DarkStrider

Quick question have we rested at all since the frog encounter? If not Zed has no spells left and Avril probably wants to rest to get her new spells.

I hate milk runs they often have a habit of biting you in the backside, so I'd like me spells back, pretty please....

18. Nakia

Media:
    So what where you doing, Zed while Burkey was playing for his wine? :) If Burkey were the betting type he'd bet on that one.

Is this warehouse where Burkey can find a scroll for the spell he gets?

19. DarkStrider

Zed blushed and stammers "No comment", in that case if we've rested it's cool, question what colour does grey skin become when it blushes?

20. Felinoid

Blushing is a function of the blood more than the skin, but grey skin could cover a lot. I'd say it probably just gets more ashen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.