1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The song quote game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Ofelix, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The song was included in the LP "Chinatown" released by Phonogram in 1980 and it was recorded at Good Earth Studios, Soho, London W1, UK :D . The guitarist of the band was Snowy White and I'm not sure if Gary Moore gave a hand during the recordings. BTW, "Killer on the loose" (from the same LP} realy rocks.

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You got it 100%! Yeah the album rocks, one of my favorites. Kind of album you can listen to without flicking through the tracks.

3. BOC

Let's continue then.

Big Jim’s been drinkin’ whiskey
    And playing poker on a losin’ night
    Pretty soon, big Jim starts a thinkin’
    Somebody been cheatin’ and lyin’

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My initial reaction was "Don't Mess Around With Jim" by Jim Croce, but now that I think about it, it sounds more like Saturday Night Special by Lynyrd Skynyrd (sp?)

5. BOC

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the correct answer Splunge, your turn to post. :)

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    WooHoo! Finally knew one! :D

If manners make the man as someone said
    Then he’s the hero of the day
    It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
    Be yourself no matter what they say

7. BOC

This the only Sting's song that I like, "Englishman in New York"

8. Splunge

Media:
    Got it again?!? From now on I’m going to attach a caveat to my posted lyrics – BOC can’t give an answer. :p

You're up. :D

9. BOC

Far beyond these castle walls
    Where the distant harbour meets the sky
    There the battle raged like hell
    And every dove had lost it’s will to fly

EDIT
    Perhaps it's time for a hint. American hard rock band from Chicago, who began their career in the early 70s and they continue until today. Their hit and most famous song is "Boat on the river". As for this particular song you can find its title among the above lyrics.

[ February 12, 2004, 18:35: Message edited by: BOC ]

10. Splunge

Media:
    I wouldn't have picked Boat on the River as their most famous song, but the band is Styx, and I think they had a song called Castle Walls (or someting like that) so I'll go with that.

11. BOC

You are right Splunge.

12. Splunge

Media:
    Never opened myself this way
    Life is ours, we live it our way

13. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Metallica - Nothing else matters

14. Splunge

Media:
    Not a knock on you, Baldrak, but that was probably way too easy.

Go.

15. Baldrak Gems: 12/31

Probably too easy, but here it comes...

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
    This is the story of Johnny Rotten

16. Splunge

Media:
    Neil Young, Hey Hey My My (or someting like that)

17. Baldrak Gems: 12/31

Yep, your turn again...

18. Splunge

Media:
    I’m not sure how hard this will be, since
    1. It’s old (big surprise there), and
    2. I’m don't know how well-known the band (or this song) is outside of Canada.

Anyway, here it goes:

What will be they say will be
    But I'm for you and you're for me
    Evolution insane
    And we go on and play the game

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

april wine
    say hello

20. Splunge

Media:
    Yup. Go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.