1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The song quote game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Ofelix, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yup!

(I still don't know how I posted the wrong lyrics the first time).

Go.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you got a lady and you want her gone
    But you ain't got the guts
    She keeps naggin' at you night and day
    Enough to drive you nuts -

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ofelix (who thankfully started this thread, but not-so-thankfully has been silent since), used AC-DC as the opener - but not with Dirty Deads (Done Dirt Cheap)

Edit:

When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you.
    When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you.

[ April 03, 2004, 04:54: Message edited by: Splunge ]

5. dmc

Media:
    Proclaimers - I think it's called I'm Gonna Be but I've also heard it referred to as 500 miles

6. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I've always known it as 500 Miles. (and now it's stuck in my head...)

7. Splunge

Media:
    On the CD back cover, it's "I'm Gonna Be", but in the lyrics booklet, it's "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)".

Anyway, dmc is up.

8. dmc

Media:
    I will remember you
    your silhouette will charge the view
    of distant atmosphere.

9. Splunge

Media:
    This would have been a lot harder if I hadn't heard it coming home from work a half hour ago - Yes, Roundabout.

An easy one, (I think) (and probably a gimme if dmc logs on while I'm posting this):

When I read the letter you wrote,
    It made me mad mad mad
    When I read the news that it brought me,
    It made me sad sad sad

10. dmc

Media:
    Zep - D'yer Maker

I met my be-bop baby at the Union hall.
    She could dance all night and shake the paint off the wall.
    But when I saw her smile across a crowded room

Well, I knew we have to leave the party soon.
    As the band began to play out of tune ...

11. Splunge

Media:
    Ha! Wrong!! I's "D'yer Mak'er" (you missed the apostrophe in Mak'er)

Well, I'll let it go this time. :p

And I haven't a clue about your lyrics.

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

and we danced, hooters

13. Splunge

Media:
    dmc has gone on vacation for a week, so he PM'd me the answer. I can confirm that Sarevok is correct.

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Don't want to spend my life without
    all those special things
    don't want to walk around being tied to
    anyone else's

15. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Blink 182 - Strings

Being drunk and weary, I went to Molly's chamber
    Takin' my Molly with me, but I never knew the danger
    For about six, maybe seven, yeah in walked Captian Farrell
    I jumped up fired off my pistols, and I shot him with both barrells

16. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Whysky in the jar.

various.

17. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yep, the Metallica version :D not that the lyrics are any different though.

Your turn.

[ April 09, 2004, 05:46: Message edited by: casey ]

18. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Whisky in the jar, I like that song the best from the amateurs in the pub after some consumption. Even if it only stops them from playing brown eyed girl one more time.

Edit: Replaced old quote

Maybe I don't really want to know
    How your garden grows cos I just want to fly
    Lately did you ever feel the pain
    In the morning rain as it soaks it to the bone

[ April 11, 2004, 23:02: Message edited by: Iago ]

19. Splunge

Media:
    Hint, please!!!

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

oasis - live forever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.