1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP IWD2 Adventure

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Harbourboy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I take it I'm the dark-skinned fella, Harbs?

Bwhahahahahah! ROTFLMFAO!!! Seems I totally pwned Nakia.

Indeed.

Err, half-dragons don't exactly fall into my tastes...

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Must be her soft and tender voice? :love:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Back off, Xvart, she's mine! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:lol: :shake:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 40:

"So, SIR Chevalier, you're a knight, right?" asked Disciple, "so how come you're so rubbish in combat?"

"Well" replied Chevalier, "usually, I am very skilled in the martial arts, but the thing is, I haven't had a drink for weeks!"

"Oooh! " piped up Nakia, passing Chevalier a small bottle, "Why don't you try this then? I found it in that box over there."

"Hmm, 'Hero Beer', looks dodgy, but I might as well give it a go" said Chevalier examining the bottle and then gulping the contents.

He paused for a moment and then leapt up.

"Wow! I feel great! That's good stuff!"

Chevalier then grabbed his Hammer of Dispelling and charged off down the corridor, slammed open the nearest door and proceeded to beat a surprised Orc Shaman into a pulp, before heading to the next room. Within minutes, the last occupant of the Horde Fortress was no more.

"Hmmm, OK," pondered Rallymama, "from now on, Nakia, you hold on to that potion case, and whenever Chevalier looks a bit lacklustre, chuck a new bottle of something at him. Probably doesn't matter which ones, just don't let him have them all at once."

The party found Branston, and reunited him with Elliana then returned triumphantly to Targos. There was no time for much rest, though, because Lord Ulbrec insisted that they go with Oswald in his dubious look airship to see if they could track down what happened to the Neverwinter forces who were supposed to be coming to help Targos.

The next chapter of their adventure was about to begin.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 9 (Scimitar +1)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 5 / Fighter 2 (Lareal's Tear Dagger / Left Hand of Darkness Sling)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 7 (Mountains of Selune Mace / Longbow +1)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 4 / Wizard 2 (Sophia's Flight Short Bow / Hammer of Dispelling)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 4 / Bard 1 (Heavy Crossbow / Clenched Fist Mace)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Have I told you lately that I love this thread?

Well :love:

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Harbs, I think you're going to make me go buy this game! :thumb:

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Good stuff, Harbs! :thumb:

Still can't believe you're going in sans tank and arcane! What tactics are you using: the ol' bait 'n' switch, or are people taking turns to take the beats? Which could work quite well, considering the number of Cure spells you can call on!

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 47:

Well, a lot has happened since the last post, including:
    - an ill-fated balloon flight;
    - a clash with a cult of lycanthropes (which proved to be very distressing for Rallymama due to Selune being rather fond of were-creatures);
    - a meeting with a stubborn village of rangers and druids who refused to let the party pass through and paid the ultimate price; and
    - some very tough battles with mighty Remhorazzes who can kill a party member in two hits.

The party is now exploring the outside of what looks to be a temple made entirely of ice. They are encountering tougher and tougher enemies, but luckily they are also growing in power themselves.

Harbourboy has a new weapon in the form of his favourite spell 'Smashing Wave' (or 'Surf's Up!' as he like to call it). Disciple of the Watch can now also Animate Dead and competes with Rallymama to see whose mouldy skeletons and zombies can last the longest. Nakia and Chevalier have both becomes a bit tougher and can last longer in melee than they used to, especially if one of them gets both Stoneskin and Barkskin from Harbourboy (or if someone gives Chevalier a drink). Nakia has also a wider range of different sling bullets at her disposal so she can swap around as the situation demands. Nakia still has the best 'to hit' rolls in the party thanks to her superior Dexterity and natural halfling proficiencies with missile weapons.

As they creep slowly around the outside of the Ice Temple, they get the feeling something particularly nasty might be just around the next corner.....

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 9 (Mace of Thorns +1)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 6 / Fighter 2 (Lareal's Tear Dagger / Left Hand of Darkness Sling)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 8 (Mountains of Selune Mace / Longbow +1)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 5 / Wizard 2 (Sophia's Flight Short Bow / Hammer of Dispelling)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 5 / Bard 1 (Heavy Crossbow / Clenched Fist Mace)

9. Disciple of The Watch

I take it that the undead Rally animates are stronger than those I animate? Let me guess, measely skeletons. Well, it's a start.

10. Harbourboy

Day 53:

“He he… check this out.” said Chevalier smugly.

The others looked on mystified and then shocked as suddenly there appeared to be another half a dozen Chevaliers standing in front of them.

“Aaargh!” screamed Disciple of the Watch, “the Chevaliers are taking over the world! This is the end of sin!”

Chevalier was proudly demonstrating the new spell he had been working on for so long – Mirror Image. He planned that this one little spell was going to have a huge impact on the party’s fortunes because now he felt confident of being able to stride into battle with his favourite weapon – the two handed great sword, safe in the knowledge that, even without a shield, he was protected (for a little while anyway) by the multiple versions of himself that whirled around him.

The party was now inside the Ice Temple, recovering from what had been their toughest battle to date, against Sherincal, the fearsome half dragon.

“Ha! I told you I would get my revenge on her! She could have had me, but she chose to insult me instead. All who insult Disciple of the Watch pay the price!”

“Ahem!” coughed Rallymama “YOU got your revenge? You make it sound like you took her on single-handedly. I don’t remember you being at the battle at all.”

“Of course. I’m not stupid” retorted Disciple “Did you think I was just going to charge at her and slap her a few times with my gloves? She was a HALF DRAGON! But I was the one who ran back to see that nutjob midget Zack Gooseberry, or whatever his name was, and pay him to cast Fire Shield Red on Harbourboy. Once I’d done that, every time she whacked him one (good for you, buddy for taking the beating for us), she got burnt even worse. I’m a genius!!”

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 10 (Flaming Star Mace +1)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 6 / Fighter 3 (Lareal's Tear Dagger / Left Hand of Darkness Sling)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 9 (Mountains of Selune Mace / Longbow +1)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 5 / Wizard 3 (Sophia's Flight Short Bow / Winged Blight Greatsword)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 6 / Bard 1 (Hagen’s Folly Crossbow / Clenched Fist Mace)

11. Disciple of The Watch

Hehe.

Hehe. :evil:

12. Harbourboy

Day 57:

“What is it with all these grumpy females?” complained Disciple of the Watch, “First it was Rallymama, then that half –cow Sherincal, now all these looney Aurilite ice maidens.”

“I’m sure it’s NOTHING to do with you, Disciple” replied Nakia.

Progress through the Ice Temple has been much more steady since Chevalier started wielding Sherincal’s old weapon, the Winged Blight Great Sword. Now the party at least has one person who can carve his way past the damage reduction that all the Aurilites seem to have. And Chevalier becomes even more deadly when he is fully buffed with the likes of Barkskin, Stoneskin, Champion’s Strength, Cat’s Grace, Eagle’s Splendour, Bless, Recitation, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mirror Image, and Disciple’s Heavy Metal Battle Song.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 10
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 7 / Fighter 3
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 9
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 5 / Wizard 3
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 7 / Bard 1

[ August 09, 2006, 00:12: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

13. Disciple of The Watch

*sniff* *sniff* Is that sarcasm I smell?

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What Nakia be sarcastic? Perish the thought, she would no more be sarcastic than I would.

/smiles evilly

15. Brettoni Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

great idea Harborboy.
    next time I start a IWD2 game, I'll do the same on my own, it will surely make the game more interesting.
    In these days of high tech computer RPG, we tend to forget about the RP in RPG!!
    Nothing like your good old imagination to add a new dimension to a game.
    BTW, I hate powergaming. Role-playing parties adds new depth and challenge to a game.

16. Harbourboy

Cheers, Brettoni. This is easily the most fun game I have played.

Day 60:

“Now THIS is cool.” explained Disciple of the Watch to anyone who would listen. “What I am holding here is the Horn of Valhalla. Now, it’s really hard to get hold of quality Valhalla brand products, but I’ve been field testing this baby since we picked it up from the crazy werewolf. How it works is that if you blow it, like this, out pop three crazy frothing at the mouth barbarians, who answer your every beck and call! Brilliant! One of it’s best features is its response time. It’s almost instantaneous. Better than getting beaten up while you cast some summoning spell. Of course, it does require a certain amount of skill to operate, so unfortunately, none of you morons can use it. I’m the only one with enough talent. But, it’s good to see that we’re finally getting some good gear around here to play with!”

“Phewwww, your barbarian friends sure could do with a bath. What a pong!” complained Nakia, holding her nose.

“Rarrrrrrrr” roared one of Disciple’s barbarians.

“Here come some more of those boring Aurilites,” pointed out Harbourboy, “Can you send those barbar boys over to deal with them? I could do with a rest. I’m sick of this damned ice temple. The sooner we find a way out of here, the better.”

“Allow me to sort this rabble out.” said Chevalier, hoisting his sword. “I’ve had my coffee and I’m ready to rock again.”

The party is now on the second level of the Ice Temple, on a search for Nathaniel’s missing gear, and looking for the mysterious Caged Fury deity. They are also aware that there were three Aurilite sisters and they have only managed to defeat two of them so far. So another one is out there waiting for them…..

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 10
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 5 / Wizard 4

17. Disciple of The Watch

Does it feel good to mock me, Harby?

Bwhahahahaha! Dry, rude, and brutally honest. That's exactly me.

18. Harbourboy

Mocking? Your character is the only one in the party who can identify any magic items.

19. Harbourboy

Day 64:

"What's this room all about then?" asked Nakia

"It says 'Oria's Game Room' on the door. No idea how it works though." replied Rallymama.

"Idiots." stated Disciple of the Watch. "I'll figure this out."

He started to fiddle with some of the levers, when all of a sudden, he was all alone in the strange room.

"NOW YOU MUST COMPLETE BATTLESQUARES!" declared the Ice Golem.

Disciple of the Watch was forced to fight for his life all by himself against a Cold Bones skeleton, a giant Cave Bear, and a Red Abishai. Well, the Chosen Zombie he summoned actually did most of the fighting, but Disciple was close to death by the time the Ice Golem finally declared the Battlesquares level to be complete and the other party members reappeared. Disciple also noted that he seemed to have received some minor magic items for his trouble.

"OK, that was fun." said Disciple, "Must be someone else's turn this time."

Disciple explained the 'game' to the others and Chevalier and Harbourboy each had a turn. But because each successive level of the game required the participant to complete more fights, they only just scraped through.

"Do we really need to complete this game?" asked Nakia.

"Yes!" argued Disciple. "Look at the cool stuff we get for winning. I bet the prizes are awesome at the higher levels. But it's going to take over 200 fights to get there and you saps are hopeless. We're going to get completely thrashed. Isn't there some way we can CHEAT?"

"No!" declared Chevalier. "That wouldn't be right. And besides, this is a highly advanced mechanism. There's no way you could find a way to cheat it."

"Bah!" scoffed Disciple, "I'm going to have a word to that Golem."

Disciple of the Watch strode confidently over to the Ice Golem. The others couldn't hear what he said, but when the conversation was over, the whole room started shaking and magic items came falling out of the sky.

"BATTLESQUARES COMPLETE!" it boomed.

"Hahahahahahahaha heeheeheeheehee hoohoohoohoo" laughed Disciple maniacally,

"I can't believe it." said Harbourboy, stunned. "He actually did it."

"Woah.... just look at all this stuff! ", babbled Disciple, "hahah.... look at it all....it's going to take ages to field test all of this . . .... hahahah...hoohoohoo....heeeeeee!"

And that was how the party completed Battlesquares, without actually having to do all the battles.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 11
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 5 / Wizard 4

[ August 11, 2006, 23:14: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

20. Disciple of The Watch

HAHA! Harby, that was PRICELESS! ROTFLMFAO

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.