1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Okay, following the merfolk incidence, I am going to put the RP into "hyperspeed". There will be one event on the third day and then we will go straight to the next day after that day plays out and then straight to the event on the fourth day.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Sounds good :)

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I like it. We need the speed. :)

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I try to say out of my NPCs heads and not their mental processes to explain their actions, seeing as they're not PCs, but Norin's actions might be confusing to some.

Necklaces typically are used for carrying small portraits which free peasants often give to their sweethearts or religious symbols (anything involving heraldry or the like are going to be carried on tabards or signet rings). Most people know the symbols of the deities that play a part in their life and are bound to become suspicious that the symbol is of an illegal deity.

Those raised in urban centers like Norin tend to have a "lawful" bend and are predominately concerned with the maintenance of order and safety and are apt to act on their suspicions, bringing what they fear might be dangerous to the attention of those they feel they can trust. Norin, being suspicious of the strange symbol is not going ask the owner because if the man does follow an illegal deity, the man isn't like to admit it. Also most of those who live under the rule of the nobility typically don't have the concept of personal rights, but of group good instead (reflecting mainstream society's emphasis on stability and order in Waern).

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Just to make things more confusing, the views posited by my NPCs about Waern aren't always true. For example the idea put forth by Alandra that death caused without direct interaction from sentient beings can only happen with divine intervention is a very common theological belief in Waern (i.e. that a human cannot contract a disease, without an obvious cause like a ghoul or mummy, without Cerborar causing a mortal to become stricken with illness), but not necessarily the correct view. This view point is consistent with the common belief in Waern that events in Waern are results of divine action, but isn't anything a mortal can know for certainty.

In other words, feel free to confront my NPCs on their beliefs, as for the most part they probably don't have anymore knowledge of the workings of Waern then your character does (even dragons and the immortal outsiders aren't entirely sure about how the deities interact with their portfolios). The characters in this RP have know way of really knowing whether they're right or wrong about what they posit about Waern so as long as your character says something that is reasonable for him or her to believe I'm perfectly okay with it. Essentially this is to expand the idea that your character has been living in Waern for some time and has his or her own ideas about the world around them. Now if you have any really abnormal ideas, you might want to run it by me first, but ideas about whether the gods really care about humans, the nature of the universe (i.e. chaotic/heavy deific interaction vs. scientific/limited deific interaction), free will vs. predestination and similar type beliefs are perfectly valid for interpretation. Really, there isn't anymore certainty for mortals about Waern then people living in 16th century Europe had about the nature of Earth.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

What's happening right now may not make a lot of sense, but I assure you, by day five, what has come to pass on the ship this day will make a good deal of more sense and seem a lot less random/uncohesive.

7. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have decided to go back with my old SN for those of you wondering why I posted under this SN instead of under that of X_Spearmint

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Okay, now the RP begins in earnest. I'll put up everything necessary for the RP to continue shortly.

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Just so you know, Max's soul is a hot topic with the infernals. He had an incounter with a Balor at the age of 14, after which he practised... questionable magics. He turned away from that life many years ago, but is always comes back to haunt him an the most inconvenient times. Just wanted to clear up any queries you might have.

10. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oooh...Magister. Sounds like Corth and Max could be best friends...Or worst enemies...We'll see. I don't want to ruin things.

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

for those of you wondering as to what my character's class is he's a Paragon. Also, why have we not been trying to move the story along?

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

From what I gather right now there are four different groups on the island right now?

1st group: Alandra and Corth
    2nd group: Max and Trailen
    3rd group: Aewilar and Silandris
    4th group: Haukor, Norrin, Slade and sailor NPCs

Any other characters I am presently unaware of their location.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    That sound about right. I sort of lost track myself. :heh:

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hey Arrow. What's with the last post?

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Norin is embarrassed because he admitted to being familiar with the chapbook Sir Ketham Longbrook and the Vampire while a noble was present. Norin is aware that the "Peers" consider chapbooks to lowbrow reading material. It's modern equivalent is a drugstore novel in the eyes of an English professor.

Also, Prince Olhard Gretzen is referenced in the PC Thread if you're for some reason wondering who he is.

[ April 08, 2007, 08:34: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

The RP's clearly getting "epic" in nature; this isn't a result of the RP just running away from me (more from too much reading of the Epic Level Handbook's hooks while thinking of what the storyline for the RP would be). It may seem a little strange that the PCs and friendly NPCs are of such low level, but it's to keep the RP away from being a hack and slash and try to force PCs away from straight forward methods of achieving their goals (attacking Chrysanthia Vothyretz for instance will undoubtedly lead to that PC's death), while still having an epic hook. In the posts to come, the PCs would be best served in looking for that which can be advantageous for the time to come.

Also while aspects of Malloren's request and how to go about the request are up for debate, any character grounded in the nature of reality in Waern, regardless of how evil they are, is not going to refuse to do anything. A war of the gods produces two possible horrors the inhabitants of Waern, the first is the possible death of their patron deity which would most likely destroy any mental stability of the follower and secondly and by far worse, a war between the gods could spill into the material plane and lead to an apocalypse of the material plane.

Inhabitants of Waern would see not taking action as assuring their own death as well as the death or destruction of anything that matters to them.

Only servants of Kelgoryd, Dokhvours, Agnama and Cerborar would actively try to facilitate the creation of this artifact (Neithutet probably won't care either as she doesn't usually give a damn about her followers as it is).

[ April 10, 2007, 18:34: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    A note on what just hapend to Max:

It is a demonic curse, designed to turn the afflicted into a... Demi-demon for lack of a better term. It was cast on him without his knowing while he was still dealing with the balor and lay dormant untill Elle activated it. It will have a minor impact on his personality (and other people's opinion of him), but I will make sure it doesn't interfear with the main plot. His alignment is still Neutral.

Also I'm sorry if all of my post's seem to center around Max with little relation to the plot. I just wanted to establish a bit of background.

18. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Not a problem Magister (for me at least), background/personality is what RP-ing is supposed to be about. I'm all for it.

[ April 13, 2007, 13:52: Message edited by: Cheesegear ]

19. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Also, as far as metagaming goes, Corth is a rogue/cleric (Yes, he is a cleric). Although his clerical powers are a bit haphazard at the moment because he's a cleric gone rogue :p

I envision Corth to be a <Paladin-type> of Vailorath (not a Blackguard), this (hopefully) will be filled out more as the story progresses.

20. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

So...What's happening?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.