1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max woke up with a spliting pain in his head and his robes riped. he looked around for his staff, and swore.

"Burning Hells! That was my farther's staff!"

Standing up he relised he was on a beach, alone.

So the boat did break up. Thought as much. Now... Where are the others?

Max walked up the beach a little untill he found a relatively flat area of dirt, looked around to make sure he realy was alone, then began to sketch arcane symbols into the soft earth.

When he was done, he began chanting the first spell he wanted to cast. It was long and difficult and he nealy fumbled the words several times, but he was able to cast it sucessfully.

The result was a flash of blue light, a loud bang and his staff lying in the center of the sircle of runes. Smiling, Max picked it up and began his second spell...

2. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Corth was roughly awoken by Alandra. He dimly heard her words and replied "I'm no priest." when Alandra kept shaking him further, he had to awake.
    He tried to sit up, and found that there was still a burning in his left shoulder from where sahuagin's trident had scored a grusome hit. Thankfully, he wasn't bleeding - the salty sea water had cleaned most of it - but it burned like Hellfires.

Corth thought about saying something more about her assumption, but thought better of it. Instead, he offered a sad smile, and tucked the amulet underneath his shirt. And - praise any God - Corth's heavy travelling cloak was still on him, and so covered the ritualistic and devotional scarring that many followers of Vailorath decorated their person with.
    Maybe someone saw whilst I was unconcious? thought Corth. No, if they had seen, Alandra would be far less friendly. For an amulet was just that. An amulet. A great many people wore them to show devotion to any God. But the beautiful scars on his forearms? For they were beutiful in a macabre sort of way. They marked him as 'Cleric'. Even if - in his heart - Corth was not. Not anymore at least.

Corth was sure no-one had seen his scars. But, on the other hand, Alandra had called him 'Priest'. Maybe she knew? But, Corth knew one thing, if she did know, and wasn't going to arouse suspiscion to Corth's faith, then, maybe Corth had found an ally? An intelligent one too.

Corth gave a grim nod to Alandra, and, once more said - more clearly; "I'm no priest."

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

"Whatever you call yourself is of no consequence to me, nor is the god you follow. Anyway, we need to pull ourselves together. From what I gather almost a day has passed since that kraken destroyed the ship."

Alandra gazed out into the sea.

"We didn't drift here, we where carried here on the backs of dolphins. Divine intervention... a mother I guess wasn't willing to let her children drown. I never imagined that my own experience would provide prove of the truth of the stories sailors tell of being rescued by dolphins. Still this was a strange island for us to be set down on."

Alandra pointed up at a tower just barely visible to the west.

"We'll want to stay away from that for the time being. Come on, we should find Urgeld, we'll need his strength to survive on this island."

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Slade awakes, groggy.

"where, where are.... land!"

Slade laid upon the ground with his arms oustretched as if in a hug. Upon standing up he made his way over to th largest stones he could find and sat down in them where he began to meditate as on with the stone.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "...Septuo ustro predictos. Alaka gren mynocrm. Hestora finitarus."

Max finished the chant, waited for the spell to take effect... and was thrown backwards into a tree by the force of a counter-spell. Apparantly someone didn't want him to know where he was.

"Well... that didn't work. Looks like I'll have to do this the hard way."

Picking himself up off the ground, he headed off down the beach in search of any survivors.

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen opened his eyes slowly, his head felt like it was part of a marching band, pounding. The sun hurt at first, but his eyes grew accustomed and he glanced around. He saw sand and rocks and not much else stretching off to either side of him, he felt sure he wouldn't have survived to see this land without Max's potion, he promised to thank the man when or if he saw him.

Trailen wasn't sure what to do, there seemed to be no one around, so he set off up the beach in the vain hope he might meet someone.

7. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth grunted as he pulled himself up. His hip was bruised, and his left shoulder - and his arm - was just about useless. Evidently, someone had 'helped him' when Corth was thrown overboard.

Corth chuckled when Alandra mentioned 'Divine Intervention', and replied "Divine Intervention? The dolphins probably came from some Sea God or another. Maybe Yuteko? Possibly even one of the Sahuagin Gods. Trust me, whoever landed us here did so with a purpose." Corth paused to look up at where Alandra pointed and jutted his chin toward it.

"By all accounts, this island - if it is the Dragon Isle - is full of undead and dragons. To a Sea God, this island is a boil that needs to be lanced. And I'll bet that's why they brought us here. Divine Intervention." Corth shook his head. And winced. His shoulder was protesting against moving, and the wound threatened to break open at any time.

"As for finding Urgeld? Last I saw, he was battling a Kraken. You're very hopeful for thinking he's alive Alandra, and I congratulate your efforts. As for me, I'm wounded. And, as I've told you; I'm no priest."

Corth once again looked towards the ominous tower, and he had one thought; Wizards live in towers.

...Corth scowled. Wizards!

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    After having walked for about 20 minutes, Max saw a figure in the distance. Thinking it was one of the passengers he started to call out, but stoped almost immediately when the thing turned towards him.
    The horns and red hair were demonic, and the black bat-like wings inhanced the image.

"Hello Max"

"Hells... is that you Ellie? You died years ago... Oh. So you joined them after all."

"What did you expect? I was going to be damned anyway. This just hurried up the process. Speaking of which, they want you as well. Death is painful, why not just join them now? It would save you a lot of trouble. And being a devil isn't that bad realy."

"No thanks. I prefer what little freedom I have in life to an eternity bound to the will of another. While we're on the subject, just who do you serve anyway? I doubt it's a coincidence your here of all places."

"Now Max you know I can't tell you that. Just think of this as... fate."

With that, the woman formaly known as Ellie dissapered in a flash of red, leaving nothing behind but scorch marks on the sand.

"What game is this? And who holds all the cards? I'm beginning to feel like a pawn...."

Max trailed off at the sight of Trailen on the rise of a sand dune not far off. What had he seen? And what would he think of it? His life was geting more interesting by the hour, and he wasn't sure he liked it.

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen squinted into the distance, he thought he could see some people approaching but the bright sand made it hard to stare too long. As he got closer he recognised the man as Max, he was sure he had seen another person with him before, but maybe not...

When they were within speaking distance Trailen raised his hand "Hello there Max, I have to thank you for that potion you gave me, I doubt I would have made it here if you had not been so kind, any sign of the others?"

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Either he doesn't know, or doesn't care.

"Your welcome. The potions taste terrible but they work. As for the others your the first I've seen.
    Do you know where we are by any chance? I tried scrying but there seems to be a strong counter-spell over the island."

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Urgeld isn't one to die so easily, I'm sure he managed to survive somehow. He's a champion of his god, he wouldn't have been abandoned... not as powerful as he is, I'm certain of it."

Alandra glanced at Corth's shoulder and began fiddle with the heavy necklace around her neck.

"As for me, I know nothing when it comes to healing magic. Maybe someone from the ship survived who has knowledge of healing magic. We should probably go east as it's doubtful that any desired results will come from heading west; I can't imagine any former crew members of the Sea Giant survived if they washed up close to that arcane tower."

Alandra turned away from Corth and began to walk along the shore to the east, with her shortbow drawn and an arrow notched.

12. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris woke up.He could taste sand in his mouth.Great pain was coming through his head and his hear was stiky with blood.
    He looked around.He was lying on the beach.
    He tried to remember what happened but his mind was blank.He got on his knees but sharp pain ran through his head.He tried to get up but he suddenly colapsed and felt as his conscinece sliped away

13. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Slade arose from his meditation feeling a little uneasy.
    "Something is wrong here, the earth itself is changed," he thought to himself.
    Slade begins to try to converse with the stones and the sand, but gets little response from those around him.
    "This is most unsettling."
    Slade begins to hurry towards those that were aboard the ship with him.
    "I do not like this place. The earth itself seems to be cursed and gives little response to questions. Does anyone know what is happening here?"

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "Well, we're not going to get anything done standing around here. I can't scry on this island, and I doubt that tower is used by someone with a kind heart. We should leave the area and find the others. I say we head west, and keep to the coast...

Trailen? I'm going to have to ask you this befor we go any further. Just how much control do you have over your magic? It seems powerful, but chaotic and random."

15. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth looked back over his shoulder and scowled. He and Alandra were both leaving footprints in the sand.

Hopefully, if their friends were behind them, they'd be able to follow Corth and Alandra's footprints. But, Corth couldn't shake the uneasy feeling he had that the crew - and passengers - wouldn't be the first ones to find the footprints.

Corth's shoulder began to itch. He ran down the beach into the water, and the salt-water burned like fire. But, at least he wouldn't get sick anytime soon.

Alandra watched him run into the surf. Apparently she knew what he was doing. But, then Corth had another idea.

"Alandra," he called "We should walk along the shore so that the tide can wash away our tracks."

Without a healer present, this was all Corth could do about his shoulder. Keep it clean and try not to open the wound. Corth didn't like healers touching him. If anything, a needle and thread would've done Corth just fine.

When Alandra walked to the shore, Corth called "You wouldn't happen to know how to sew would you?"

16. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen glanced away, "I am...well, it seems to be tied to my emotions mostly...extreme stress or shock seems to summon it up. If I'm quick I can stop it, but sometimes it just gushes forth with such power I cannot, once its active its active till I'm exhausted...or I calm down, or in a few circumstances it receeds."

"On the ship during the fight I was barely able to stop the fire from consuming me...and well...I cannot, shape it in any way, fire has always been the form it takes" Trailen rolled his sleeves up revealing burn marks and large amounts of scar tissue "I cannot let myself feel like a normal person, lest I endanger those around me...or draw attention to myself." Rolling his sleeves down Trailen started walking west along the beach.

"In answer to your question Max, I do not have enough control for anyone to feel safe around me, or for I to feel safe around others."

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Alandra shook her head.

"Not particularly. I'd do better then most novices, but it's not a forte of mine. However, I'd think your shoulder'd be your priority right now, unless your more robust then I pegged you to be. Hopefully Aewilar came a shore on this island for a cleric of Aethen would have no issue conjuring up a cure spell for that shoulder."

Alandra cocked her head and strange, almost wicked smile crept across her face.

"I hear voices... kobold voices... stay here, I work best alone. There's a possibility that they've seen other crew members. I just hope they haven't killed anyone valuable as that would be most unfortunate for them."

Alandra proceeded to race off into the pine forest just beyond the beach without waiting for Corth to respond.

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

A warm feeling embraced Silandris and a vision of the ship's cleric, Aewilar knelled over Silandris.

"Your wounds are healed, my good bowman. Is your body also wracked with fatigue? I can remove such an annoyance if that is the case."

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Huakor shook his head at Slade. Norrin rubbed his chin.

"Maybe... I could be the Isle of the White King. I've read more then a few stories that spoke of a place like this."

Norrin's face went white as a sheet.

"Bu-but the Isle of White King's home is suppose to be home to the greatest dragon who ever lived! Oh by the gods, they should have just let us down, to end up in the belly of a dragon is just too cruel."

Haukor glared at Norrin.

"Tell me we're dead when we really are. Since we're not dead yet, lets get to doing what we can to assure we're not going to be dead."

[ March 24, 2007, 22:47: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "I'm sorry to hear that Trailen. I can't imagin what it's like to be afraid of your own power, I realy can't. However, no matter what you think of yourself, I trust you."

Max knelt by the the scorched earth
    Ellie... I'm sorry. He thought. For whatever it's worth, I'm sorry .
    He scoped some of the sand up and let it trickle out through his fingers, then set off after Trailen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.