1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Alandra had been watching with a detached interest while Corth and Max had their dispute, only drawing herself back into the happenings when Max had asked her what to do next.

"The information I had gleaned from a group of kobold scouts before encountering you tells me that if we continue away from the tower, we'll run into a decent sized group of survivors from the Sea Giant. Therefore the next step would be to head in that direction and try to meet up with our fellow survivors. Maybe they know information about what's going on that we don't. From there, we'll need to start working on how we're going to go about getting off this island."

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    "A sound plan. And under the circumstances probably the best avaliable to us."

Max started walking, not waiting for the others to catch up. He wanted to think for a while, and he always thought better when his feet were moveing.
    He wanted to meet up with the rest of the crew as soon as posible, as this island had brought nothing but trouble in the very short time he had been there. And he wanted to talk to Kala about his arm. Perhaps she could help...

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Let's pick up the pace." said Alandra, "Seeing as how I killed those kobold scouts I questioned, I have to imagine that those they'd report back to are soon likely to be aware their scouts aren't returning. I couldn't leave the scouts alive or our enemies would know exactly what we faced."

Alandra squinted into the distance.

"Our fellow crewmen are suppose to be not much farther along this beach so lets try to reach them quickly."

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Norin approached Haukor from the western edge of the makeshift camp, catching the half-dwarf's attention.

"There are figures approaching in the distance."

"What do they look like and who many are there?" asked Haukor.

"They look humanoid to me and there appears to be four of them."

Haukor hefted up his battleaxe and moved to that edge of the camp, watching the four figures approaching from the west. A woman called out from the group.

"I'm glad we where able to find you. We were blown farther to the west then the rest of the crew it would appear."

"Ah, Alandra, is Aewilar with you?"

"No. Are there wounded in your midst?"

"None that are too badly hurt."

As Alandra, Corth, Max and Trailen entered the camp Haukor approached Alandra.

"If Aewilar isn't here to aid me, I hope you can help me. A bard like yourself surely either knows a lie upon hearing it or can magically detect one right?"

"I can see through all but master liars and I can most certainly use magic to do such things."

Haukor motioned in Malloren's direction.

"That young man has approached with some very dire information... if it is truth. I need you to find out if he is telling the truth."

Alandra's eyes fixated on Malloren's face.

"I didn't realize adventurers where ever that attractive outside of stories."

"He's not an adventurer, he's the son of a duke."

Alandra frowned.

"How boring. Men who don't find a need to come face to face with death and danger aren't interesting to me."

"That's hardly important."

Alandra smiled whimsically.

"It maybe more important then you think."

Alandra then approached Malloren.

"Could you tell me what is happening on this island?"

Malloren nodded.

"This is the Isle of the White King if you are not aware of where we are. The dread lich Baestion Blackhand has been working on a weapon that could potentially unleash an apocalypse on this world. Kelgoryd has sent his servant Chrysanthia Vothyretz to protect the artifact."

"What!? This just goes from bad to worse. She's here with Baestion?"

"No, Baestion is in need of material for the artifact and should be currently scouring the mainland trying to find a material that will help him with his problem plaguing his artifact."

"I should have recognized you on sight. Malloren Lournhart I assume."

Malloren nodded. Alandra turned back to Haukor.

"He's not lying."

Haukor grimaced.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max raised an eyebrow after the mention on an apocaliptic weapon.

"I knew this was a god's game. You don't get saved from death and wash up on a near mythical island every day. I assume we're going to help him then?

Before I forget, who else is here? I gather that most of the crew ended up here one way or another."

6. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"So it speaks the truth," an obvious look of disdain for the weak nobleman flashing across Slade's face as he speaks, "now what shall we do about it?"

Not waiting for a reply, Slade lifts his stone once again and returns to shaping it into a weapon he can use.

7. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Corth tried to hide his snarl at the young nobleman. Corth thought he was failing. Whilst it was common knowledge that Vailorites and Daimorites didn't exactly get along. Corth did however, have a grudging respect for the Paladins and Clerics in Daimorath's service.

However, this man - Malloren - seemed to be beyond Corth's respect. If this man was in contact with known vampires, and even seemed to know of a Lich with a weapon or artifact that could possibly destroy the world. Corth was almost certain that Daimorath wouldn't let that go.
    So why doesn't Malloren ask his God for help? though Corth. Daimorath would help if it meant saving the world...

In any case it seemed that Corth was right on one fact; It didn't seem a coincidence that they just happened to be shipwrecked on an unmarked island with a Lich creating - or activating - an apocalyptic artifact.

"I need healing." said Corth. More harshly than he meant to.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Malloren nodded at Corth and conjure up healing magic. While Malloren attended to Corth, Alandra returned her focus to Malloren.

"We're going to be needing more then just information here. Since it seems that neither Urgeld or Mogrub have shown up on this island, we're a bit lacking in muscle. As Chrysanthia Vothyretz's pet surely there is more then just information you can give us, we're really going to be in need of something more tangible if we would be able to succeed. Are there any creatures on this island that could serve as allies?"

"There is a kobold community on the eastern side of the mountain. I'm not sure if they'd be of much help."

"What about Baestion's "holding" pens? I've heard tales in which Baestion's had young dragons and giants captive for experiments."

"I am unsure of what creatures he holds in captivity. I cannot gain access to such a place, Lady Vothyretz has told me that Baestion has warded that region of his fortress so that only creatures of undeath may pass through."

"Aside from Kelgoryd have any other deities involved themselves in this "story"?"

"From what has been shown to me through divine revelation, Pyltharam believes that the gods should be no more active in the world then they would be normally.* Pyltharam believes this to be a situation that calls for divine guidance rather then divine intervention. I cannot say for certain the positions of other deities, but the vision I had suggested that the other deities with strong ties to order have similar feelings to Pyltharam."

Alandra seemed to mull over what Malloren had said for several seconds.

"What is Chrysanthia Vothyretz up to anyway?"

"I doubt anything that would interest you. Lady Vothyretz is not pleased to be on this island. It is Ferrusk Boartooth and Itharion Starwind have been engaging in that should be of concern."

"Let me guess, they've been feeding on kobolds and those kobolds are returning as vampire spawn."

Malloren nodded.

"Chrysanthia Vothyretz doesn't feed on the kobolds because she'll only feed on you, right?"

Malloren blushed.

"How romantic."

"You speak as if you've met her before."

Alandra shook her head.

"You can learn a lot by listening to stories."

*By saying Pyltharam believes such and such, it also means that Vailorath, Daimorath and Caladine believe in such and such.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.