1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Urgeld's eyes tracked the half-elf Silandris as he disappeared off the deck. The captain quickly looked around the deck of his longboat as if to see if anything needed his immediate attention and then disappeared off the deck.

Urgeld approached Silandris, clearly uncomfortable with the emotions of the situation.

"I'm not the best at dealing with this situations." the big berserker said awkwardly, "But I hate to see others suffer. Is there anything I can do to help? I'll lend what personal strength I can."

2. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Urgeld's reason (to Corth at least) for this voyage seemed to be for fame and fortune - and damn the consequences. Corth was quite confident that Urgeld had no fear of dying. But, Corth on the other hand was very much against dying. And, this voyage just had "You're going to get killed." written all over it.

If it was just 'The End' when death happened, Corth wouldn't be afraid of dying either. But, Corth was just afraid of what happened after death. And Corth had the amulet around his neck to remind him everyday; Death was easy. It was the Afterlife that Corth was afraid of.

As for Aewilar, Corth was unimpressed. "So, Aewilar, if no ships have ever come back from the Isle, how do we know this 'Dragon Graveyard' even exists?"

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Well we can't truly be sure it does." responded Aweilar, "The location was disclosed by a copper dragon and they are notorious pranksters and liars after all. However, in my opinion, the island does exist. For centuries sailors have claimed to have seen ancient dragons flying into the west, also that no ship that goes west returns further convinces me. No ship that has gone in search of the island has returned unable to find the island which makes me believe there is something of importance to the west being guarded, that something might not be a dragon graveyard, but I'm sure whatever it is, it's important."

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max looked up as he overheard what Aewilar had said. They had no idear where they were going, and where relying on the merfolk for infomation? This was an ill fated voyage.

The question was so obvious that he had to ask. Turning towards Aewilar he asked "You did try scrying the island first didn't you? It seemes the obvious thing to do."

5. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth smirked. It seemed that there were some intelligent people on this voyage after all. Unfortunately, the smart ones didn't seem to be in charge. That, more than anything, would surely lead to trouble somewhere along the road.

Corth turned to Max.
    "Scrying? I thought of that. Except, if this 'Dragon Isle' exists, chances are that it's going to have magical protection all over it, which, will no doubt resist scrying. But, even if there is a 'blank' spot. We have no idea if the Isle is even real, or if the protections are from residual magic from ages past. In either case, we have no idea what Urgeld is leading us into...Which is a problem for me. But, my knowledge in arcane magic is severely limited. And I defer to Aewilar or Alandra is these sorts of things. In any case, my name is Corth Redfeather."

Corth extended his hand towards Max. It's time to stop being afraid.

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max hesitated, then shook Corth's hand.
    "Max Spellman. You can probably guess from the name what I do for a living.

Now... this island. I can see the good and the bad in this situation. If it doesn't exist, the worst that can happen is we sail around in circles for months.
    If it does exist there would be protections of an arcane nature littering the island, most likely beyond the abilities of most of the strongest Archmages. Thats the bad.

The good side is that any dragons there will be to old and tired to fight interlopers.

Then there's the problem of the adventures. From what I can gather all of us are hideing something, running from memories and reality, or manicly depressed. In my opinion, the voyage is looking rather grim."

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Alandra began laughing following Max's comment.

"I've always thought it took someone a bit unhinged getting into this adventuring business. The outcasts, the untamed, glory seekers, and anyone else who has something other then the safety of their own life as a priority. We adventurers are everyone who for some reason or another didn't fit with society... except for adventuring knights who ironically leave society behind to better fit in it. Me personally, I love the freedom of adventuring, freedom from the Dread Judge*, Iretsu, Pyltharam and Mairadon's burdensome ethics. The open road and the pursuit of pleasure in one form or another that's the life for me, never seeking a destination. Conclusions force you to realize the consequences of your actions."

*The Dread Judge is a title for Elonid, a deity mortals never mention by name out of respect and fear. The High Father is the most common title used to refer Elonid.

8. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth smiled at Alandra and Max. This, more than anything, was helping. Hiding gets you nowhere, except into darker and darker holes. Until one day, you find that you can't see anymore.

"Well Max, the worst that can happen is we sail around for months? I'm not sure a ship of this size has enough supplies for months, and if there are powerful mages, then we're in trouble."
    Ah-hah! That's it, it's both! Corth finally figured out the proverb about Ogres and gifts.
    "In my mind it's the Ogre's Choice; Die fast, or die slow. And, I've never heard of a 'tired' Dragon. Old ones, yes. But tired? Never. In all the tales that I've heard, a dragon only gets more powerful as it ages. As for us? I've finally decided that building up walls around myself doesn't help me, and it doesn't help anyone else."
    Corth turned to Alandra.
    "I wouldn't expect anything less coming from a Bard. But, I understand that some chains are neccessary. In situations like this, we have a saying where I come from;
    When you're shoulder-deep in sewerage, you might as well swim."

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max looked at Corth

"Charming saying that one, very memorable, but I don't think were that deep yet though. Haveing said that, do we have a clear objective when/if we reach the island or is it a 'just get there and see what happens' sort of thing?"

I might actully be able to make friends on this voyage. Kala was kind and Corth seems friendly. Perhaps it's time I stoped running. Just once, I could stop running.

10. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen heard laughing, turning he saw a small group of people including Alandra, Corth and the strange man that had unerved Trailen so much with his stare. He looked away, laughter was not something he could risk.

There was a part of Trailen that wanted to join in, to be just another person with emotions, able to laugh and cry without running the risk of dooming everyone in a close proximity...but he had not got so far in life, with his curse, by giving in to what he wanted.

His hand stung, a quick reminder of how close he'd come...well not again, he couldn't risk letting go of his old frame of mind, it had protected him and others for so long...tried and tested.

11. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris took a couple of leaves from his belt and split them in half.He spread the gel on the wounds on his fists,and covered them with badages.
    He heard footsteps and he turned around.
    He wasnt very surprised when he saw the captain approuch,that kind of incident couldnt have gone unnoticed.
    Thousands of excuses ran through his head as he expected some severe punishment.He opened his mouth to start explaining but captain out ran him with his honest concern.
    He felt momentarily relief,looked down with discomfort and said
    "I will be alright,thanks"
    He then paused for a moment
    "Im sorry this never happened to me before, emotions just took me over and..."
    He looked at the captain, his face revealed
    sympaty and care
    " If you could find me some job"
    He briefly looked at his hands with a smile and continued "Other than rowling,that would be fine"
    "I need something to clear my head , and make me forget about things"

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Urgeld smiled.

"Well, if it's work you want, there are some fish that have to be gutted for lunch today."

13. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris smiled back at the captain

"Mmm fish gutting,that smells perfect"

14. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

"So, Alandra, about those merfolk, anything I can help with?" said Corth to the Bard.

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Alandra nodded and her voice became hushed.

"I'm waiting on the group's ringleader, a young merman, he's the one I want to catch. I'm not sure your eyes can catch the movement under the surface, but every so often one of them will swim by the boat, with a couple apparently carving their mark in our hull. The ringleader's the most handsome of the males and others, both male and female, are clearly trying to impress him. If we capture their leader, it's most likely the others will refrain doing anything they think might put him in danger. What I want you to do, after I use magic to compel the young man to come aboard is to, along with Aewilar, grab hold of his arms and drag him aboard."

[ January 31, 2007, 03:41: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"You you spotted the one you're looking for yet.", Aewilar asked Alandra.

Alandra's eyes looked into the deep for several seconds before saying, "There he is."

Alandra positioned Corth and Aewilar on either side of her. Alandra's eyes focused intensely on an object underwater.

"Come join me."

For several seconds nothing happened, then a figure burst forth from the waves in an attempt to get on board. Corth and Aewilar where there to grab a hold of the youth and drag him aboard. The young merman's smooth and slippery fish tail caused him to slide several feet across the deck before coming to a stop after Corth and Aewilar pulled him into the boat. The merman looked like a sixteen year human boy from the waist up, he had golden curls and blue eyes that shone like gemstones.

Aewilar bent down and spoke softly, "Tell me your name young one."

The merman's eyes went wide with fright.

"Save me, don't let them kill me.", called the young man to his friends back in the sea.

17. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen heard a splash, then something hit the deck. He turned round and saw a merman sitting on the deck calling out for help, whilst Alandra, Corth and Aewilar closed in on it...what was going on...Trailen decided it was best to watch from a distance just to be safe...he hoped.

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala spun around, at the sound of a figure htiting the wooden deck, her eyes widening considerably. "A merman," she whispered quietly to herself. Gathering her dress up in her hands, to prevent her legs from getting tangled, she quickly paced across the ship, over to where the merman sat - her eyes not leaving him for a moment.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max spun around at the splash. He saw... A merman.

They charmed a Merman? How ironic. The others in his group won't take kindly to this though. It would have been better to ask them him while he was still in the water. has this captain no tact at all?
    Oh well... I guess I should help out.

He walked over to where the Merman was being held, and saw that Kala was moveing towards him as well. She, it seemed, understood what a blunder the crew had made.

20. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

When you're shoulder-deep in sewerage... Corth suddenly realised that a difficult problem had just gotten worse. Corth, thinking quickly - as he always did - fell back on the one thing he knew how to do well.

As soon as the young merman had uttered his words, Corth was on him. Corth's dagger seemingly magically appeared in his hand. Although, those with quicker eyes - or good hearing - could see that he had a spring-loaded sheath on his wrist.

Pinning the creature down with one hand, and Aewilar pinning the other shoulder, Corth brought his dagger down to the merman's neck.

"You call off your friends now. Or you die...And I'll make sure it's painful." Corth glared at the merman. Let's just hope he has a sense of self-preservation. If not, we might be in a bit of trouble.

...Unfortunately, at that point - at the mention of 'pain' - Corth could feel his amulet getting warmer. At least it's not glowing yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.