1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The morning came with little in the terms of events, Urgeld woke the crew early and they went about their business, doing the work assigned to them.

Just past noon, a man named Ryllen Shipman, a sailor hailing from the Princedom of Karngaal, slipped and fell as he was walking across the deck. As he fell to the deck, a necklace bounced out, landing beside Norin who on his hands and knees fiddling with a plank that seemed to worry him. Norin glanced down and picked the necklace up, there was a symbol on it, but Norin seemed unable to figure out what it was. He walked over to Urgeld, wondering if the great adventurer had come across it in his travels, but Urgeld also had no idea what it was. The symbol was one of a pearl with two red wings.

Meanwhile, Ryllen seeming to be trying to figure out how the necklace fell out of his clothing.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max had been watching the sunrise when the sailer fell down behind him. Glancing around, he saw that a necklace had fallen out of the man's clothing and was being examined by Urgeld and Norie.

The necklace in question was shaped into a symbol, that of a pearl with red wings. Looking at is gave him the shivers, as he knew the symbol for what is was

"Drop the necklace!" he shouted at them.
    "In the name of The Archwizard drop it!"

He had seen it in a book once, when he was first learining magic from his great-grandfarther. It had been in a demonology text he had sneeked a look at, and payed for it for years to come.

Thinking fast, he conjered a mental sending to the one person he thought could help on the matter.

Kala! I need your help on deck. Please hury.

He felt drained after the sending. In his haste the spell had depleated more of his magical reserves then would have been normal, but there was more to it then that... much more to it then that.

[ February 04, 2007, 05:08: Message edited by: The Magister ]

3. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Corth had arisen with the sunrise. However, upon awakening, he had heard a commotion up on deck. Humans could fight over the most trivial things, and not blink an eye at something that could shatter the world.

Archwizards for example. How did people manage to justify that much power inside one person? In fact, that was the root of why Corth hated wizards. They had power, and, more often than not, they desired to gain more.
    Innate users, Corth didn't have a problem with, it wasn't their fault. Clerics however, their power was granted to them from the Gods, and if it was their decision that a mortal be granted 'power', then, there was nothing a mortal like Corth could say about it.

But, Corth arriving on deck had seen what the commotion was about. And there it was, resting on the deck. A pearl surrounded by two feathery wings. It nagged at Corth. He felt he should know that symbol.

...Oh no... thought Corth. He recognised it now. Had He sent Her agents through proxy? Aewilar was the only one who had seen it. He was sure. Corth had nothing to do with Her. But, would Aewilar know that? More importantly, maybe someone else had seen it.
    Corth had the overwhelming desire to pick up the pearl. If only because no-one else would. A few of the sailors who had recognised it were averting their gaze - they were a superstitious lot.

Corth rubbed his forearms underneath his cloak. Corth felt his scars that he hid from the world. No, Corth was Vailorath's, and no-one else's. Yes, Corth was sure that if he touched the pearl, nothing would happen to him. Vailorath wouldn't let it happen.

But, it came back to the superstitious crew. If Corth picked it up and wasn't burned alive, the sailors would make a connection - the wrong connection. Corth decided to do nothing for the moment. Let the wizards deal with the Power of the Gods. See how they fare. I'll only get involved if I have to Corth smirked.

But, it still kept nagging at the back of Corth's mind...Was He using Her agents as proxy?

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala! I need your help on deck. Please hurry.

The words echoed in her mind. Acursed innates! They will be the death of her yet. She put down her book, took her staff up from beside the door and made her way out towards the deck, not before grabbing a pouch from her desk.

Arriving on the deck she quickly sighted Max and swiftly walked over to him.

"This had best be important, Master Spellman," she said in a cool voice.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    In answer, Max mealy pointed at the necklace, which Norin was still holding.

"If you can look at that symbol and tell me its not important, I probably won't belive you. You have made a study of demonology yes?"

Deciding he should act, Max used a minor cantrip to yank the necklace out of Norin's hands. It lay on the deck, and while the ship rocked with the waves, it was still.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala frowned. Demon worshippers, on a ship? Sailors were supersititous enough as it is - why bring demons into the equation?

"It is not my area of speciality, Master Spellman," she said calmly, her eyes fixed on the amulet. "None the less, we must find out whose it is - we cannot have someone who carries such a thing in our midsts. Go tell the captain what you know and get him to assemble the crew on the deck, then I will see him in his cabin. Gather Norin, Alandra and Aewilar as well."

With that she whirled around and said in a loud voice to those around "If anyone touches this amulet, I am sure the good captain will agree that they will be fishfood by the end of the day."

Without another word Kala scurried off back to her cabin and began throwing things out of her bag, searching for something.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max walked over to Urgeld and explained the situation.
    "The short of it is Captain that the necklace is the symbol of Lady Lyceinia, a Fiend Lord and the Lady of Vanity. I am sure an adventure of your experience knows the name.
    I would recomand that you gather the crew and explain that no one is to touch the necklace until Kala and myself find a way to safely dispose of it.

I hate to ask, but do you know anyone on this ship who might worship the Fiend Lords? We have to know where this came from."

The idear of a Fiend Lord sent shivers down Max's spine, and the danger of a worshiper could not be underestimated.

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen had overslept, the sun was high in the sky by the time he dragged himself onto the deck...it seemed noisier than usual, alot of talking and rushing around. He looked around and caught a glimpse of something shiney on the deck, strolling over hesaw it was a necklace Someone must have dropped it he thought...strange design though...he reached out to pick it up, feeling the hair on the back of his neck begin to tingle as his hand got closer...

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Lady Lyceinia?" Urgeld then cracked a slight smile, "That's almost as problematic as falling in troll ****."

Urgeld turned to Norin.

"Where did you find this amulet?"

"It fell off him." said Norin pointing to the sailor named Ryllen, "To think there are devil worshipers on this ship... but I suppose they're better then demon worshipers."

"Norin, one fiend is just as bad as the next." responded Urgeld, "You wouldn't say Illorun is better then Cerborar would you?"

"I would however say Mairadon is better then Cerborar."

"Shut up before I throw you overboard."

10. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris couldnt sleep all night.His thoughts were in chaos.He tried to maditate but it was in vane.He had nighmares.When he woke up he was covered in swet and heavily breathing.He couldnt remember the dreams but he remembered he should look for his bow.He walked to the deck.His attention suddenly cought a man , standing above some sort of object , reaching for it.
    He approached the person and touched his shoulder.
    "Hey" he said

11. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth sought Alandra out of the crowd. Spotting her, Corth wandered over to her.

"Alandra, you're a Bard, surely you know something about The Lady. Or even something about Her followers. Perhaps you might try charming the sailor who dropped it? To see if he in fact does worship one of the Fiends, or if he's just a dupe of one of The Lady's agents. But, then again; To my knowledge, no-one actually worships the Fiends. Or, if they do, they do so out of fear."

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Ah, there are some mortals who strike "a devil's deal" with the likes of her, trading their soul for payment for power in their mortal life. You'd be surprised by some of the things I've seen men and women willingly do."

Alandra approached Ryllen and smiled, "Ryllen, what have you done?"

"I... I don't know... I don't remember last night to well, but I remember seeing red wings last night."

Alandra rubbed her finger across her bottom lip and then pointed the finger at Ryllen.

"Wha-what did you just do?"

"Nothing, Ryllen, I'd just like to help you clear up this mess. Now why don't you tell me what I want to know... Did Lady Lyceinia come to in a dream last night, or have you been in league with her for much longer?"

"I..."

"Remember Ryllen, don't tell me things about just joining, amulets of illegal gods aren't easy to get their hands on, I can't imagine the amulet of a Fiend Lord is any easier."

Ryllen nodded, starring intently at Alandra.

"I've... I've sold my soul to Lady Lyceinia so people would notice me..."

"Good, go on."

"I've been so sick of going through my life as a nobody, unnoticed and unwanted, watching wealthy merchants prosper from sailing, my livelihood. I remembered, when I was younger watching my former prince, Bairald Karngaal, swimming in ocean when I was just a boy and how everyone lavished him with attention, but why should he get such attention when I get none? I took the only route left to me and turned to Devil Queen of Vanity. She promised me that if I went on this trip, she'd make me into someone important."

Alandra smiled satisfied.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max saw Trailen reaching for the nacklace and shouted out a warning.

"Stop! Don't touch the Necklace!"

Considering what he was, it would be worse if Trailen picked up the necklace, then if a simple sailor happend by it. Much worse actully.

"I really think you should just walk away from it if you value your soul. It's a Fiend Lord's Symbol you know, very dangrous. I should realy put a shield over it to stop anyone picking it up, but I doubt it would work."

14. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

"You'd be surprised by some of the things I've seen men and women willingly do." said Alandra as she left Corth.

You have no idea... thought Corth to himself. But, after hearing Ryllen's answer. He could've spat. No. Ryllen didn't sound like he worshiped her. Instead, it sounded like The Lady owned Ryllen. Ryllen didn't seem like a theat to Corth, instead, he sounded like a dupe. Or perhaps one of Lycaenia's Priest's snitches.

Corth, two steps behind Alandra heard Ryllen's whinging, but, Corth wondered if The Lady had given Ryllen any 'power'. Sure, he wasn't noticable, but, not many people on this ship seemed very noticable. But, you didn't need to be noticed to cause an event. After all, a knife in the dark can bring a Kingdom to ruins.
    Corth - understanding that Alandra had Ryllen under some sort of spell - whispered to Alandra;

"Ask him what he was supposed to do on this trip? If nothing, then I suspect the amulet is a beacon of some sort, allowing the true worshipers of The Lady to find us. If something...Well..." Corth eased back away from Alandra.

Corth would say nothing himself. He wasn't stupid enough to get too deep in the sewerage.

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Alandra nodded.

"What does Lady Lyceinia desire from you? What actions would she have you take?"

"She said I would find a... a powerful magic item on the island... this item would lead me power and adoration." Ryllen paused, "I think my Queen, the loveliest creature in the lands, mentioned something about a sword of hero to be found in the island. This sword to lead to my greatness."

16. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

"It sounds to me like a pretty standard Bard's Tale." Corth looked to Alandra for confirmation. "Un-noticed man goes of in search of adventure. Finds himself a sword. Becomes a hero. If I haven't heard it a thousand times." Corth was ready to strike the man.

"If you ask me, you don't need The Lady, you can do it all on your own." Corth pointed at Urgeld "He hasn't had any help from infernal Goddesses, and he's found dozens - if not hundreds - of things that've made him famous and 'noticable'."

"Do you have any idea what you've gotten yourself into Rellyn!?" Now Corth was yelling "Well, do you!? Congratulations, you found a sword! You're a big hero. Everyone loves you. You're a damned fool. Do you honestly think that The Lady would just give that to you!? She's a Fiend!"

Or...He already knows the price. And pays it willingly... Corth felt the rising need to strike Rellyn for being a fool. Instead, Corth just growled at the inept futility of Rellyn's devotion to The Lady. It was then Corth realised that he had spoken - probably out of turn - and that he had spoken voluably.

I'm in it now...

17. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailens hand stopped mere inches from the amulet as he heard Spellman's warning. His hand felt warm and the temptation to pick the thing up was overwhelming, something was whispering to him, words he didn't understand...He guessed it was the fiend Lord...

Trailen made to move away but found he couldn't, it was as if something had grabbed his arm and was pulling him...He closed his eyes grimacing, the pressure in his head felt like it was being reeled in by the amulet, he faught it managing to close his hand into a fist...

He fell backwards as if the power had let him go, his ears rang from the pressure in his head...he stumbled away, to the side of the ship and tried to breathe...it was hard and he felt his burnt hand begin to tingle and warm up...not again he thought, and with that his hand burst briefly into flame incinerating the rag, and burning the flesh again...but the release was enough to relieve the pressure and Trailen sighed.

His hand had been hidden behind his body, there was little chance of people noticing...well he hoped so.

18. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The man was obviusly in some kind of trance.He seemed as strugling with something.Silandris reached for him again, but he suddenly flew back.
    Silandris instinctivly hid in shadows ,following him,Then he saw mans hand flame up and he swiftly tore up piece of his cape and rushed to the man. In that moment fire whent out and he quicky stepped back.
    He looked at him for a couple of moments more trying to figure out what just happened.
    He left the shadows and raised the voice a little.
    "Are you all right, your hand..."

19. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen turned around at the sound of a voice, a half elf stood before him...

"I'm fine...my hand will recover...it is my own fault for...well, for being me..." He noticed the man's confused look "I will assume you will work out, or find out what I am soon enough...I doubt that I can find any decent excuse to explain away the state of my hand" Trailen smirked.

Despite hating losing control, Trailen had to admit that the only times he could feel like a normal person was after releasing the power...his mind was clearer, he could smile and laugh without fear. He was constantly tempted to give into the pressure simply to experience that moment of clarity and freedom afterwards...But he knew the potential damage that could cause, to himself and others...

20. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"We need to do something about the devil worshiper, we can't just leave such evil in our midst.", said Haukor, "Pyltharam says those who enter fell alliances should find put to death to ensure the safety of others... if it's a block his head's to be placed on, I've got an stomach and sense of duty to wield the axe."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.