1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Expressive aphasia. Not being able to understand what Mom wants because she can't find the words is frustrating both of us.

Going to sites that start with 's' but are earlier in the alphabet than 'sorcerers'. Because when I want to go to the front page, I just type 's' + 'Enter' into the address bar and expect it to auto-complete, but it always picks the first one alphabetically that fits with what I've typed. So then I end up going to schizophrenia.com instead of sorcerers.net. :grr:

EDIT:
    Been there with the cousin thing. My dad's side of the family has very good genes for attractiveness. :grin:

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    You're allowed to marry your cousin by law.

I hear you on that one Kuemp :(

* Being strangely addicted to cheese for no reason

* Family politics

* Not being able to tell people on SP the thing that bugs me most as there is one person here who will take advantage of it and poke fun :mad:
    (Don't worry, it's nobody you know)

* Cat sick :o

I'm sure there's more, but I'll update later :)

edit

* Sarcasm, see following post :lol:

[ April 17, 2006, 21:41: Message edited by: Shell ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Boy oh boy. There sure is some ranting going on this thread. I can't believe how much you all have to complain about. I wish there was something I could do to make you all feel better, but there probably isn't. I was going to moan about being busy at work, but I'm not going to now, because that's nowhere near as bad as what you guys are all having to deal with.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Harbourboy and vacuums :p

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

My turn!

* I've got a client who hasn't paid his bill in three months. I'm about ready to send a couple of very large men to his apartment to "convince" him to pay.

* I just lost $3MM due to an M&A deal that fell through.

* One side of the family apparently thinks that I'm the cause of everything bad in this world.

More to come... :)

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Dudes...haven't you all heard of "kissing cousins"? Sure it would lable you as 'white trash' but hey, if you want her...go get her. It *IS* legal after all. Just don't complaign when your babies come out mutated and deformed. :bad:

One thing that sucks for me is having a fiance who's "on strike" from cleaning. :skeptic: :rolling:

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Let's see:

My back--Not letting me work long enought o get much done.

Dial up access: Getting the Civ IV patch may take approximately 12 hours or so. And because it ties up the phone line, I have to wait until late at night to do that...

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nononono, I know nothing could ever happen. I would never even entertain the idea of telling her how i feel, or telling someone else so that it got back to her (that old trick!). As much as I'd like it to! :lol:

The sooner I get the thoughts out of my head, the better. It's just the idea itself that's spinning my head out. My own cousin, blurgh :lol: we'd fire out sprogs with 10 legs or something, what's happening.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Having to change my lifestyle to suit my illness sucks big time. :bang: As I'm sure other people like Takara and Nakia who have had life-altering illnesses it sucks having to change how you live just to accomodate the illness, but what's worse is how people treat you. :bang: Friends, relatives and people in the caring industry (doctors, nurses, physios etc) no longer say "Hi" but instead "How are you feeling today? Are you well? Been keeping well?". I know it's caring and showing concern but they are to talking to the disease not me and that sucks :bang:

/end rant

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    For me, it's gotta be my stupid employer being damn lazy about calling me back. Grrr.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Stupid condescending liberal anti-Bush articles. Sure, I don't like Bush, and I consider myself liberal, but if you are going to write a huge article bashing Bush, make it sound like you know what you are talking about! Don't jump to conclusions like: An informant told us something, then later failed a polygraph examination, so that piece of information is completely false, and Bush is using that false information to strike fear into our hearts so we will comply with his criminal dealings!!!

First off, the piece of information and the polygraph test might not be linked. Did you tell us they were? No, and the test was performed much later... people don't lie about everything, and unless you asked him that question while he was under the test, how do you know he was lying about that information? And if you are going to jump to wild conclusions about fear and criminal activity, prove that it is criminal. Bah.

The specific thing I was talking about:
    http://www.politicalstrategy.org/2003_03_10_weblog_archive.htm

I was reading another very patronizing article earlier... damn those arrogant people who think they know how to run a country! They never think the entire thing through...

And a note: I am not a Bush supporter, I just hate when people don't prove their wild assumptions and conclusions.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Saber, dude, who gives a **** about politics? That's nothing to get worked up about.

What's currently pissing me off? Virgin Mobile. Stupid service is said to be in the 850/1900 bands, but I have service only in the 1900 band! Hell, my Motorola v120 (which is a horror, FYI) had better reception!!! F*** Bell Mobility and F*** Virgin Mobile, I'm going back to Rogers.

13. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Okay, I've got some venting to do... about my home life. Everything else is fine.

- Being the only single person in the house. I'm lonely. Being lonely sucks. Especially when nobody else there is.

/me offers mutual-sympathy hug to Ara

- Further to first point, I miss my ex-dog. My ex got the Jack Russell/West Highland terrier when we separated. I'm even more lonely now.

- Having a jerk housemate who berates me for playing on my computer, yet is hypocrite enough to seal himself away in his room playing GTA: San Andreas and Deus Ex.

- Same jerk housemate who revels in giving me too much info about activities with his GF and who feels a need to insult me in front of her to bolster his ego.

- Same jerk housemate who never chips in for ANYTHING and has zero respect for anyone else's stuff, but is completely anal about his own.

Thankfully, I should be able to do something about most of these problems. And work's not too bad today, or even recently. Haven't had to deal with too many stupid people, which is my #1 peeve.

It's just one of those days...

/me reaches for Play button on "Break Stuff"

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs NonSequitor.

let´s see.. what else is poissing me off.. well, loneliness sucks still. But so does irational self-loathing and depression. Insanity sucks. Feeling worthless sucks. Virus-ridden computers suck. Not being able to get my hands on Miranda sex Garden¨s Fairytale about Slavery sucks. (Get your minds out of the gutter. it is a song.)

but yeah. Loneliness = evil in a bad way.

15. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The department of motor vehicals. I went on lunch and stood in a line that said license renew on the window. When i got to the front the woman said sorry i have to go to lunch be back in a while to go stand in the other line. I asked if she could look real quick if i had all the correct papers to renew my drivers licence and she assured me I did. I stood in the other line for around fifteen minutes then got to the front and the guy told me i didn't have anything with my physical address on it. Bureacracy at its finest!

16. Kitrax

Media:
    @DarkStrider: Hi! :wave:

Whoa...are you sure this dude isn't my brother's long lost twin? :eek: My brother is everything that you just listed and more! :flaming:

I hate having to be back living with my parents. :bang: :rolling:

17. DarkStrider

@Kitrax: Hi :wave: but it was NonSequitur you quoted

@Saber re: Mr Bonds it sucks that he cheated by using steroids and is about to pass the best slugging/Home run batter in the game (other than Mark McGwire who also cheated) but what sucks more is that the MLB allowed it to happen by not having policies in place to monitor and discipline players who used steroids etc. That sucks big time.

18. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    While we're all in a ranting mood, there's another thing. HSBC.

For those who don't know, HSBC is a bank. Lately, i've been dragging myself through their overly long signup process. 2 weeks ago, I headed down to the local branch with various documents proving my address, name, income, cats name, star sign, favourite ice cream flavour...

Anyway, The extremely nice woman said that it was all okay. She photocopied it all and said I should get my card within 5 days.
    16 days later is today, and I get a letter. "Before we can open your account we require proof of blah blah ****ing blah"

This of course can only mean one thing. I have to call them... Wish me luck, and expect me back here later. :mad:

19. DarkStrider

Ah another rant - Proof of ID

Here in the UK you can prove your ID by showing your passport, driver's license, credit card or utility bill easy enough but you can't use a mobile phone bill (i.e. contract phone not pay as you go) as Proof of ID; despite the fact to get a contract phone you have to supply Proof of ID and Proof of Address. WTF?

/end rant

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Heh...proof of ID rules. Don't get me started. I was at the liquor store last week, and the dude in front of me looked like he was about 80 years old, had a white beard, and a cane to help him walk...and the cashier still asked for ID! :skeptic: He didn't have any on him, so he had to go get his little old wife from the car and bring her in to show ID! When I got up the register, I told the guy, "What the hell? That guy was like 90, and you still asked for ID?" and he tells me it's the law! IIRC, the law says you have to ID someone who looks like they are under 35. :rolleyes:

Oh, and DS, I was saying hi to you...not your illness...and then I changed the subject. So yes, I know I was quoting NS. :thumb: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.