1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    *cough* Brown-noser! *cough* :lol: :shake:

Hmmm...what sucks for me right now...

Got my schedule for college 3 weeks early, and was able to have it altered to suit *my* schedule before anyone else - nope, that doesn't suck.

Had a DJ come to *our* house to sign papers, have a short demo, and work out what we want to do at the wedding - nope, that doesn't suck either.

Got a 2nd direct deposit set up at my work to help save for the wedding - no...that doesn't suck (well, it sucks that it's still my money.. :p )

I found out I qualify for a $500 per quarter government grant, which on top of my work's 100% tuition reimbursement, means that if my college pulls the right strings, I get an extra $500 in my pocket per quarter - that does *not* suck in any way, shape, or form! :thumb:

So...what does suck? Well, if you've ever seen the show 'Becker', then you know the "rubber band theory" which basically states, that every time something good happens, the rubber band gets stretched out just a little more, until one day...BAM! It snaps back... :eek:

And besides that, I have a nice sized migraine that has gone down to my stomach, so I feel sick. :sick:

Oh, and I just ran a vallidator on my site, and it turns out there are 50+ violations per page, (capitals in the tags & tables nested wrong)...but the thing is, Dreamweaver put those tags there! :bang: I mean, when I created the pages, I specified to use the XHTML standard, (which does not allow capital letters in tags) and yet, they're still there, and I'm stuck fixing them all! :grr: :rolling:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

What's wrong with having a decent chap as boss? It's certainly a refreshing change from my old boss who hated me from day 1...

3. Kitrax

Media:
    That's the way it's supposed to be! :p

Nah, just kidding...I just felt like giving you S***! :shake:

Anyway, back on topic...I found something else that sucks...

I "won" a 3 day, 2 night stay at a Las Vegas hotel, and after I read *all* the terms and conditions, it turns out that I don't get to pick the hotel...I only get to pick the date... :bad:

I can't complain too much though...it is a "free" vacation (minus travel costs, taxes, and a $10 processing fee) :rolling:

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

school just started. i had to get up at 4:45am this morning to rush to school and get in line to fix my schedule. i hate school.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

When your SO eats the food you wanted for your breakfast during one of his late night gaming munchies. :grr:

6. Disciple of The Watch

The time remaining before the end of the session is ticking down, and so is my patience and good mood. I won't cry in my Coke Zero when school is over.

I'm burning the candle by both ends... and the two ends are getting closer every passing day.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Geeze, this sucks big time...

I just got off the phone with Jessica, and it turns out that her work is shutting her department down on her shift. They gave her 2 options: move to days, or stay on swing shift in a different department. She can't work days since we're down to one car at the moment, and if she stays on swing shift, there's a 75% chance that she will get laid off within a short period of time. (I know, that's exactly what happened to me when I worked there) :bang:

She's been looking all over town for a new job, but so far, no luck. :(

Oh, and to make things worse, my parents are gone for the next week, so I have to figure out a way to get to work...and for some reason, my aunt isn't answering her phone. :grr: :rolling:

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The fact that the artist has not gotten back to me despite me having e-mailed him 3 days ago SUCKS big time.

serious lack of money also sucks.

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Aikawa Nanase going to perform in singapore, 10th of June. i receive this news, 31th of May. If you live in Ames, iowa, as of now, you might hear someone roaring hysterically, that's me.

i could have gone home, but i choose not, because i wanted to "play" out my last semester, which is a summer semester. Why i not go home! WHY!

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Grr. Phone lines down for 20 minutes, cutting me off from the chat and the internet (I have dial-up). My first thought was to come complain in the RBP, and my second thought was "the frickin' phone lines are down!" >_<

It really sucks when all your methods of communication are cut off in one fell stroke.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Still in the stone age of internet access, Big Cat?

School pisses me off. They freak the hell out of us, they teach us 1000% of what we're supposed to learn, (and some 900% isn't even part of the exam), and worst, they require 80% as passing grade. :rolleyes:

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    the fact that I canpt find the schedulew of the Lordi show at Rovaniemi ANYWHERE.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

How about, spending four years in college to learn industrial age ideas about finding a nice safe job with good pay and great benefits. Yeah, that worked in the seventies, imbeciles.

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Stupid woman! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ok, so Jessica and I had our engagement photo shoot today (the photo you send out with the invitations), and after we were finished, we found that our car had a flat tire. No big deal. Our car has full coverage on road side assistance, so I call them up, and walk to the end of the street to find out what the street number was.

When I come back, I see Jessica lacking up the car. My exact words were, "What F*** are you doing!" Before I could even get to the car, I see the jack slip and the car falls a few inches on top of it. Not only had she put the jack on un-even ground, but she didn't even put the jack where it's supposed to go under the car. So I take a look under the car...the jack is wedged under the car pretty good and wasn’t coming out any time soon. To make things worse, I see gas leaking out around where the jack is now lodged. I turns out that when the jack slipped, it pierced either the fuel filter or the gas tank itself. :doh:

So now not only do we need our tire switched out, but we have to have it towed to the dealer. I'm still waiting for them to call me back and tell me how much they're going to charge me for Jessica's **** up. :flaming:

So here's a message to all women: [SNIP] :wave: [/SNIP]

And she always asks why she has such bad luck with cars...the problem isn't the car...it's HER! :bang:

I need to go to the shooting range to get some of my aggressions out...but I don't have a car to get me there because one's in the shop, and the other has the entire front end torn out since she hit me! Grrrrr! :grr:

Geeze, I can see why so many guys drink…their wives drive them to it! :rolling:

[ June 06, 2006, 11:06: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Gee, did the stupid woman not listen when you informed her in your autocratic tone *you* were calling for help and that she should not do anything (because she's stupid)? :almostmad: Remember your words here, Kitrax, next time you want your stupid, bad intentioned fiancee to do a god-damned thing for you.

16. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Felinoid
    Looks like we're in the same boat. :D I too have dial-up. :(

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Er, Kitrax, next time you post something like that, you might want to come off as a little less than a raging sexist. I would suggest something a little less inflammatory, such as:

Women, if you have had bad luck with a task in the past, or you do not have skill in the subject at hand, and your fiancee is calling for professional help, then just wait there for them to do their job.

Of course, the same could be said for anyone.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sheesh, Kitrax. Are you sure you want to get married? Maybe you just need to go hang out in Sarevok's Bar instead.

19. Disciple of The Watch

I agree with Harby, and I find that disturbingly scary. :eek: :eek: :eek:

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This Sucks: Disciple of the Watch agrees with me. Now my day is ruined! The end of the world is nigh! :borg:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.