1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Read-end headwears who think that just because they have used computers longer than i have and tus should impart their wisdom about how i should use mine, wwat parts to use and so on? Suck worse than a hoover on acid.

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @Kitrax

I realize you're going through a tough time right now, but please have a care with your words. Lumping all women together for certain behaviours and consequences is a clear step over what our rules allow. I'm already aware of more than one poster of the other gender who has expressed indignation at your post. I hope this warning on my part won't strain our online friendship, but I'm here with a job to do and I have to try and be fair to everybody.

If you want to post about something like this, you may want to cool down before starting a post so that you can consider your words more carefully.

@ Everybody else

Let's consider this matter concluded, and move on with what sucks in your lives. ;)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes it is indeed. Doesen't mean because we 99.9% of the time disagree and that I have taken a linking in poking fun out of you that we can't get along, can we now, Harby? A famous saying by Jessy James: "You know what I'd tell ya if I disliked ya? Nothing."

As you wish, and because you asked so nicely.

Back on topic, I have to get up at 6AM (!!!) to assist a Microsoft conference about Vista and Office 2007. Better stock up on Bawls... :sleep:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

6AM? on 6th of the 6th, '06?! No wonder you agreed with me. It's a sign of the Apocalypse.

5. Arabwel

Media:
    the fact that the drain in my shower is not doing its duty like it should sucks bunches, too.

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Everyone else has heavenly hot showers in working order, and ours is a temperamental piece of junk that's probably older than I am. Imagine making a choice between cold water so powerful it blasts you or lukewarm water that's barely more than a dribble

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oops...sorry. :( I'll take a cold shower before I start posting the next time I get really angry... :bad:

Yeah...like I have the mindset, or the patience to say it like that when I'm about to blow my top... :p :rolleyes:

Again...sorry ladies...I edited the post in question.

Nicely put! :p :rolling:

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Argh! Moving house while in the last year of school is bad. Especially since I've got major exams coming up. Plus I don't get to keep a pet now since the place we're moving too has a smaller yard. :(

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My work sucks. Currently. Big time. It's not just that it's hard, but it seems that it's intentionally made that way. It's like some people here have thought that they'd toss us this impossible task, and while some of my colleagues manage it, I don't. And I can't put my finger on what am I doing wrong, or what I'm not doing right. Overall situation is not great either. It might be manageable, but it's not great, and I don't think that it ever will be. The whole thing has been designed poorly, with too little if any backround research.

Here's hoping that we'd just pull the plug on this one, let it lie and bury it dead. There could be another, more efficient way of doing this thing that we're doing, but the failure of assigning us this task will hit the decision-makers too late. Guess it's the whole summer of this stupid task. :bang:

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

<sarcasm>
    Hay fever is great fun...
    </sarcasm>

11. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There is medicine working against the symptoms. Doesn't it work?

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Mosquitoes.a ll over the place and biting me. i have at least 25 bites and I have not even gone outside! :mad:

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    My brother's DnB. And a stomach ache. Yay. :rolleyes:

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Fabius

It never helps 100%, at least not for me. And for some reason the effect of most antihistamines on me only last for about half the specified amount of time. After nearly fifteen years taking the stuff I guess the body gets used to it.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Go into your local pharmacy and see if they have some herbal pills called Gerrard House Hayfever Tablets.

I swear by them.

16. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Cinnamon flavoured jelly beans.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The fact that the civil procedure exam is tomorrow at 8:30 am (which means 11 hours remaining) and I still have almost 300 pages of the civil procedure code to go. And I'll be drowsy that early in the morning, anyway.

@Uytuun: Exam stress, I suppose? Grab a book or game and have some lazy time in the garden or something. Preferably out of reach of brother's loudspeakers. ;)

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't know how you take them.
    I take them before the plants I'm allergic against start to 'procreate'. I take them continuously for at least 4 weeks. It works quite well. Not perfect, but I can go without sneezing or liquid in my lungs most of the time.

Started late this year, but until now, I sneezed about 10 times on the whole.

@Barmy: The thing with medicine like this is that you have to believe it works. It's almost like a placebo.

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Thanks, chev. ;) I seem to have slept it off. Good luck to you. ;)

Ehh...right, things that suck...well, there are always exams. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.