1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I miss having fun with pocket monsters... been way too long unfortunately! :holy:

Today, though, thanks to all the comments earlier in regards to monkey bread, I broke down, bought the necessary ingredients, and made some. I feel like a ticking time bomb about to explode after the amount that I gorged on after it was done, but oh was it worth it! I haven't had that in at least 2 years and I think that's why it tasted better than I remember. Tomorrow I'm going to try a recipe I found for a potato chowder with bacon and aged cheddar. Sad thing is, even with all I ate, my stomach is growling whenever I think of making the chowder.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wait a minute... :skeptic:

That was entirely too reserved. Who are you and what have you done with the real DotW? [​IMG]

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Disciple of The Watch,
    if you try it, spice with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Roll the liver in flour before frying. Eat with hearty bread, or mashed potatoes. Beer and salad go very well with it.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...or throw out the liver and roll a nice pork loin in flour.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Liver is good... with some fava beans and a nice chianti. :yum:

Saber likes this.
  6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Liver is nasty... Never could eat those damn things... :aww:

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ooh, if it goes well then can I have a copy of the recipie? /end mummy moment

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Entirely too reserved? Trust me, had I wrote the post the way it originally came out, Tal would instaban my ass and all future generations to come in about .8 seconds. If a work/school venting thread pops up in the Rated-R portion of SP, I will bring cursing and negativity to an entirely NEW threshold. And you can take that to the bank, cause that's a F'N guarantee.

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Liver is edible, but hearts, kidneys, stomach* :yum: (* only for some species).

Should sleep, but too thickskulled, with undertones of Sunday evening depression. 5am bus is the strongest argument of the inner dilemma and both sides are claiming it.

Hurray for Tuesdays.

10. Kitrax

Media:
    /me barfs

Smooth muscle does not taste good at all. :nolike:

11. CelticDream

Media:
    Oh it turned out quite well. Unfortunately, the recipe I have is in US measurements so you'll have to convert it. I used bacon in place of the pancetta it suggests (due to price - as in it was what we had in the refrigerator so it was free for me lol).

Hope you enjoy it!

And for anyone else who wants to try it out, click here for the recipe.

12. Caradhras

Media:
    Liver is my favourite but the rest can be good too if it's properly prepared and seasoned.

Have you guys ever tasted haggis? Loreseeker is right, Stomach can be tasty. ;)

13. CelticDream

Media:
    Liver -- not a fan whatsoever... then again, whatever I'm allergic to I'm never a fan of... yet I can eat braunschweiger/liverwurst without issue... weird.

As far as haggis is concerned, not something that is readily available here in the States, especially in the area I live in where the populace is basically of Polish or Hungarian descent as well as a good number of those who have immigrated from Mexico. I have to admit, knowing what it's made of, it does sound a bit disgusting, but I'm also one of those that will (usually) try something at least once (though to this day no one has been able to get me to try escargot and I don't think they ever will).

I honestly miss living overseas - spent 13 months living in Germany as a pre-teen and the food was amazing. I've got a craving for a real bratwurst and a real piece of wienerschnitzel, as well as the way they fix their salads. Not to mention, going into an actual bakery, smelling the bread... it tastes so much better even than my mom's homemade bread (though you didn't hear me say that), and we always went through it so quick we never had to worry about it going bad since it didn't have preservatives like all the stuff you find in the bread isle in the grocery stores around here.

Ok, babble rant is long enough - I think I'll shut up now before I make myself even more hungry than I already am.

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks hun, I'll have a crack at that. I always think that Pancetta is a bit too salty for me but we'll see

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Technically, heart and kidneys don't have any smooth muscle tissue :p

As for stomach, it's all in the execution (of cooking).

16. Kitrax

Media:
    WTF? We got a new Mod? When did this happen? :hmm:

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A few days ago :p

Having to stay with parents again soon. If I disappear off the face of the Earth for a while you'll have an idea why...

18. Caradhras

Media:
    We have a few dishes that are a bit similar but different at the same time but I think that you may have to go to Scotland to sample that dish (which makes sense).

I am French and I won't try snails either. I have nothing against frogs' legs (very very tasty) and I love shellfish but I just can't bear the idea of eating snails (though once they're cooked they certainly don't look that much like snails). ;)

19. Silvery

Media:
    Rob and I are finally sorting out our utility room. Got a load of cupboards so we don't just pile everything in the corner and then complain that we can't get to the washer! We'll see how long it lasts....

---------- Added 0 hours, 8 minutes and 17 seconds later... ----------

:lol: At this rate we're going to end up with more mods than plebs :lol:

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Woke up an hour and a half late... oops. I wonder if I will make any of my obligations today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.