1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Thinking the same thing.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Leverworst is delicious :yum:

Edit:
    Why oh why does the forum software never take me to the end of the thread?

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    The little arrow thingie next to the last poster's name in any given thread will take you there. :)

4. Morgoth

Media:
    I never even saw that thingy. I should be set for now, as long as I remember to click the arrow :p

5. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I'm not actually a 'mod' per se - it's more to give me me the necessary permissions to post any news to the site when I come across it. Otherwise, I'm not here to pay attention to what's said and if it is/isn't appropriate, etc. :)

6. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Oh, so I've been nice to you for nothing??? :p

7. CelticDream

Media:
    :lol:

Awww and here I thought it was my charming personality that did it! :D

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nah, he's just Canadian :D

9. Triactus

Media:
    What does that mean? :( I'm too nice or I'm not nice enough... I lost you.. I need beer...

Hey, talking about nice, I was working this week-end and an older collegue that I hadn't seen for a while said in a serious conversation that I was a really nice guy and that I would have good karma. The next morning I had found that I had lost my working book that was super important (and the 200$ bucks that was contained in it). And there he went talking about good karma... :lol:

At least I found it last night. I had forgotten it at the hotel from desk. A messenger is bringing it to me tommorrow morning (hopefully with the 200$... :)

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Parents are coming in from out of town for Easter. Not looking forward to their visit. Love my ma, but she stacks right up there with Peg Bundy and Estel Castanza. Kinda like a mix of the two. On the couch all day and complains about everything, basically a real PITA, but I love her.:)

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know I love you really Tri x

12. Triactus

Media:
    I know. And I love you too! And everyone here! :D

And no, I'm not drunk, I haven't started drinking yet... :p

13. Silvery

Media:
    Ooh, I started drinking at about 4pm...yesterday

Anyway, I just had a call from a wrong number: 'Hello Jayne, it's Elsa'
    'Sorry, I think you have the wrong number'
    'Oh, I dialled 01325 467...sorry, I've dialled 407. It's alright, I have my glasses on so I can't see, bye'

Two things,
    1) I know what number you dialled, it was mine.
    2) Sue your optician

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Canada sucks!

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Speaking of wrong number callers...for the past month or so, I kept getting two different people calling my phone asking for someone name Frank and on occasion they ask for Sarah. For the first week, I kept telling them that they had the wrong number, but they kept calling...so when I saw their number, I just silenced my phone. This continued for 3 more weeks. Finally, I decided to call *them*.....

<me> calls their number
    *ring* *ring*
    <moron>Frank, it's about time you called me back!
    <me>This isn't Frank. My name is Kitrax. You and some other lady keep calling my cell phone asking for a frank or a Sarah. I don't know anyone by those names. I've had this number for over 6 years now....so I think Frank and Sarah were F***ing with you by giving you guys a fake number.
    <moron>Excuse me?
    <me>Didn't you find it odd that the voicemail messages says, "You've reached the voicemail box of Kitrax...."
    <moron>......
    <me>Take a F***ing hint and stop calling me!
    *click*

They finally stopped calling after that. The tone in his voice when he said, "Excuse me?" sounded like he fully understood me, but didn't approve of my choice of words...so I added that extra F-Bomb right before I hung up on him.

16. CelticDream

Media:
    When we first moved into this house (we being my parents, sister, and I) back in the early 90's, a few months after we had our new phone number, we started getting calls from people asking if this was Alley Oops, a new 50's style diner that was opening up. It took us talking to the owner, when the calls didn't slow down after a month, to get it to almost stop (our phone #'s were 1 digit off).

The calls for people calling about their employment applications stopped, but soon after the restaurant opened, there was this one lady who kept calling over and over again to place a carry-out order. It didn't seem to matter that we kept telling her she had the wrong number, and giving her the correct one, because she kept calling us up. It got to the point where I'd answer as if we were the restaurant (when I'd recognize her info on the caller ID), take her order, and after a few times of it not being ready when she'd go to pick it up, she called back, said she was never eating there again, and finally got the message when I told her that her meals were never ready because she kept calling the wrong damned number. The calls stopped after that. I can be mean when I have to, to get the point across :lol:

17. Morgoth

Media:
    @Kitrax
    Perhaps he was all befuzzled over the revelation that there is someone out there named Kitrax.

@Celtic
    :lol:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    -_-
    Smartass...

I used my real name, but seeing as how a bunch of your guys already know my real name, I guess using 'Kitrax' was pointless. :skeptic:

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Just uploaded a picture someone took of me this past weekend. One of the better pictures of me someone's taken, although I maintain that I look horrible in pictures.

20. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Funny ad just popped in: "bonjour Québec!"

To be honest a bald guy with a bespectacled woman don't look so enticing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.