1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Three year old investigated by police!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Silvery, Sep 21, 2009.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    The bit about child violence towards others actually depends on an overall pattern. If the child is simply violent to begin with, and acts that violence on anything (inanimate objects, toys, pets, other people, etc.) then it's an overal trend and probably reflects a deeper problem than upbringing. If they're acting that way specifically toward people, especially toward particular people, then it's a different matter.

Shoshino, I'll agree with you entirely. If the store had advertized itself as a 'child-safe environment', then they may be responsable, but as it is it's the parents' own fault and now they're likely trying to blame someone else so they can feel better.

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Of course I have kids, the ladies love me!:D

I have 2 little girls. 23 months and 1 month old. But you have missed my meaning, so i'll clarify. If a 3 yr old is burning down a building, he is not being supervised. That is a problem. You can keep an eye on them 24-7. That is what good parents do. My wife and I both have professional day jobs, so our kids go to a private daycare. They are supervised the entire time. 2-1 ration of kids to adults, being 6 tots and 3 adults. There is always 2 adults with the children, in either a room or outside in a small fenced area. When at home, they are NEVER out of our site, with baby gtes blocking off entrances that lead to stairs and our Wood-Burning Stove. Knocking over a vase is an accident. As is teeth going thru lower-lip. Burning down your house involves the children having access to things that they shouldn't. That is the fault of the parent. Never the 3 yr old child.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yes, you have to be willing to do that for the first few years of a child's life. It's called being a parent.

Um... yeah. At least it is in my opinion. I agree that if there is a rifle and children in the house, that it would definitely be advisable to teach firearm safety, but I certainly don't think 5 is an appropriate age. Keep the rifle locked up, and hide the key in a location your 5 year old cannot access.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've never claimed to be an expert -- what I am claiming is that what I have seen with my own two eyes has validity. It doesn't constitute a scientific study with controls, and I never said it did. But what I have seen is what i tend to go with in life. If someone makes a claim that my own observations and experience contradicts, I'm gonna mention it. That doesn't make me arrogant. I'm fully willing to state that my experience is not comprehensive in terms of science. But that lack of comprehensiveness doesn't invalidate my experiences.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.